G-Sync supports only Display port??? That's the worst joke ever!

This is one of the biggest disappointment when I saw this image from Nvidia:

GEFORCE-G-SYNC-Performance_Chart.jpg

But bigger when Linus said it in his video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PJjhBUSuHk

WHY? WHY? WHY? Only display port? No DL DVI-D? No HDMI? So, how am I and gamers like me who like 3D gaming play with G-Sync on?? Nvidia, if this is true that G-Sync will only support display port, this will be a big drawback in the whole gaming industry and your 3D vision technology goes in the BIN! Why the hell are you making this only for display port! You would be better making it for better connections like DVI. END THIS DP ONES AND FOR ALL!

PLS TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE!  

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

hey G-SYNC is still in development at the moment. Maybe they add more inputs later

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

DP is the best man

why would you want HDMI, its sucks ass....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I think nvidia is backing away from 3d vision anyway, since no one has hype for 3d anymore. Display port is the best port, we might see new ports added in the future since it's new technology.

It's alright. I don't see G-Sync being a success without support for AMD anyway. That and 90% of people wont even know what difference G-Sync makes.

At least AMD has common sense to allow mantle to work with Nvidia cards.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Why does this suck??

First of all, all compatible Keplar Cards have a display-port. Second, almost any Display now has at least one Display-Port.

And if you buy a G-Sync monitor, I m sure you will have enough money for a 30 bucks DisplayPort cable!!! 

And anyway, Display Port is way better than HDMI!

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

I'm sorry but what is the issue? HDMI is kind of bad...

DP is the best man

why would you want HDMI, its sucks ass....

What's wrong with HDMI? Works fine for me. It's a more common cable as well, so I'm more likely to be able to wire up monitors 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

What's wrong with HDMI? Works fine for me. It's a more common cable as well, so I'm more likely to be able to wire up monitors 

If you look at it HDMI is playing catch-up. Most of the advancements in it are things that display port can already do.

If you look at it HDMI is playing catch-up. Most of the advancements in it are things that display port can already do.

Like what? Higher resolutions and G-sync and things? They aren't really features that I'd want, so I'm fine thanks :P

yes, but there isnt a GPU that doesnt have DP output.... HDMI only advantage is that it also carries sound, but it only supports 60FPS and these monitors biggest advantage is that jumping between higher framerates and lower ones is alot smoother...

so its stupid to include HDMI....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Like what? Higher resolutions and G-sync and things? They aren't really features that I'd want, so I'm fine thanks :P

you dont what high res?

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

yes, but there isnt a GPU that doesnt have DP output.... HDMI only advantage is that it also carries sound, but it only supports 60FPS and these monitors biggest advantage is that jumping between higher framerates and lower ones is alot smoother...

Almost always absolutely terrible horrendous sound. I can't think of one single monitor with speakers that doesnt sound terrible.

who wants sound from there monitor anyway as there terrible for sound.

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

you dont what high res?

Nope. 1080p is fine. Go higher and you need more power GPU wise. Power is money. Money I don't have :P

Sigh, ok you are reading the description of what the DIY kit (for 1 very under whelming monitor) does to that monitor, not a general description of G-sync. Just wait till next year like the rest of us. Monitors with G-sync chips integrated by the manufactures is what u want. Not this hobbled together add in board/specific monitor combo they rushed out as tech demo.

Fanboy rage detected in OP.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Hmm lol

DVI will be gone in the next two years, hopefully sooner. DVI only supports up to 2560x1600

Displayport is the future of PC interfaces and hdmi is for media devices ie TV's, Surround Recievers

IMO I cant wait until I see gpu's with only hdmi and display port on the io

Hey dude, it's up to you. HDMI ain't cheap. It has high royalty fees.

If you don't mind paying a big extra premium on G-Sync, then go ahead.

But you are right, it's always fun to fight with HDMI to get it working with a monitor for many people, and a slight movement of the monitor or computer will have disconnect itself due to a lack of latch system. You are right, DisplayPort is too advanced and it's boring because of it. Broken, expensive, sucky, and limited forced standard on the consumer is the way to go.

As long as Linus doesn't come to each on of his community members house and coincidentally we're using the VGA port on our monitor and smashes it to tell us .....FREE UPGRADE TO YOUR MONITOR ........YAY!!!!

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>