Fan Configuration

Lowspecgamer
Go to solution Solved by Imbellis,
3 minutes ago, Lowspecgamer said:

I have only 5 120mm fans can you show me a config for the Corsair spec 01 case?

I'd say that your bet would be to stick with 2 in and two out. You could add an intake on the top front, but it wouldn't make a large difference.

It may be able to add enough pressure to cause a bit less dust, but you should use filters regardless.

In short: If you already have it - throw it on.

In my pc I have 5 fans and here is the configuration demonstrated in the is very crude paint sketch.Is it right or should I change it?

Fan Config.png

I'd run the front intake fans at a higher RPM than the other fans since you have negative airflow right now. You could also do what I'm doing and get rid of the rear exhaust fan.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd run the front intake fans at a higher RPM than the other fans since you have negative airflow right now. You could also do what I'm doing and get rid of the rear exhaust fan.

I dont know why,but my back fan isn't pushing any air out

Are you sure?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Are you sure?

yes im sure i felt it and I feel no air I also have it facing the right way?

18 minutes ago, Lowspecgamer said:

would this be good?

Capture.PNG

Sure.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

I'd recommend using 2 140mm fans on the front as intake and 2 120mm fans exhaust  - just like you mentioned above.

If you're looking to buy fans, here's a list of most fans on the consumer market. (tabs at bottom for sizes)

Here's a list of some good 140mm fans - quote from Quiet PWM Fan Options:

For minimum noise and alright airflow (list in order from highest airflow to lowest):

Fractal Design - X2 GP-14 (White) 68.4 CFM @18.9 dBa

NoiseBlocker - NB-eLoop B14-2 64.3 CFM @ 16.9 dBa

be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM @ 15.5 dBa

Noctua - NF-P14s redux-900 49.3 CFM @ 13.2 dBa

NoiseBlocker - NB-BlackSilentFan XK-1 35.3 CFM @ 13dBa

I haven't used the FD's fan, so I'm hesitant to put it on (but the info about it says I should).

All of them are great - it's basically how much airflow you want and which one you like the look of the best.

Notes: The google sheet uses the info that producers give and aren't always accurate - so take the info on the sheet with a grain of salt.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

2 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

I'd recommend using 2 140mm fans on the front as intake and 2 120mm fans exhaust  - just like you mentioned above.

If you're looking to buy fans, here's a list of most fans on the consumer market. (tabs at bottom for sizes)

Here's a list of some good 140mm fans - quote from Quiet PWM Fan Options:

Notes: The google sheet uses the info that producers give and aren't always accurate - so take the info on the sheet with a grain of salt.

I'd say that your bet would be to stick with 2 in and two out. You could add an intake on the top front, but it wouldn't make a large difference.

It may be able to add enough pressure to cause a bit less dust, but you should use filters regardless.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

3 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Ok man thanks for the insight this is how I’m gonna run it

8A7E79B4-6CD5-408E-A987-22C09528530A.png

20 hours ago, Lowspecgamer said:

I guess the two top fans draw all the air so there in none for the back fan. I would skip the two top fans or just use the "first" one of the two so the back fan has some breathing room.

I have 5 fan slots in my case and I was trying to figure out the best configuration for cooler temps.Heres a drawing to show what I’m working with in terms of fan placement.So if you can look at my drawing and tell me what directions I should run them.

2D605A80-F031-4B1E-8F92-B977B64E6D52.jpeg

The fan on the back of the case should blow in to the case.  The two fans in the front of the case should also blow in to the case.  The two fans on the top of the case should blow out of the case.  Using this setup should help with creating a positive pressure inside the case and that will help keep out dust, etc.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

The fan on the back of the case should blow in to the case.  The two fans in the front of the case should also blow in to the case.  The two fans on the top of the case should blow out of the case.  Using this setup should help with creating a positive pressure inside the case and that will help keep out dust, etc.

That seems a little off to me

1 minute ago, Lowspecgamer said:

That seems a little off to me

And how's that?  You have three fans blowing in to the case and then two fans taking the air from inside and exhausting it to the outside.  Since it has more air going in than it does going out, you will have a positive pressure inside the case instead of a negative pressure.  A negative pressure indicates a partial vacuum and that means it will be sucking in dust and other unwanted stuff in to the inside of the case and you don't want that.

I would personally set the top and front 4 to pull air into the case, and the back fan as a push.

Asrock B450m/ac| Ryzen 5 3600x | EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3.0| 16 GB DDR4 3200 | Antec 550w SemiModular| 1 TB WD Black | 1TB SP NVME m.2 | 1TB WD BLUE SSD

11 hours ago, kb5zue said:

to simplify, 2 front intake, 2 top exhaust and 1 back exhaust 

Rear fan as exhaust, to quickly exhaust VRM heat and the hot air shuffled around by the stock cooler. Two front intake fans to let both CPU and GPU area breath. You can leave the top empty, and play with the speed of the front fans to have slightly positive pressure to prevent dust buildup (although this only matters if the front intake is filtered, otherwise dust will come in big time anyway), and the top vents will act as passive exhausts. I don't recommend turning the rear exhaust down too much, if at all, unless it's very noisy.

2 front in, 1 rear out is fine. List specs so I can see if you need more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

2 front in, 1 rear out is fine. List specs so I can see if you need more.

My specs are in my profile

2 hours ago, Lowspecgamer said:

My specs are in my profile

2 front in, 1 rear out might be overkill for that setup. 1 in, 1 out is enough to keep it cool.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have an i5 and 1 gpu...i have 1 rear top exhaust and i barely have any dust in  my case. I blow dust out once a month. 

One in and one out is fine

In an older build i had a 240 aio and 4 case fans....waaaayyy too noisy. Since i simplified things...i find it is near silent to my ears under load and temps are fine

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:50 PM, kb5zue said:

Positive airflow only reduces dust accumulation if the intakes are filtered. Most cases including the OP's Spec 01 doesn't come with dust filters on the rear. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.