[Update] EK Fluid Gaming now selling expansion Packs

The Benjamins

ek-fg-240-expansion-pack-2.png

ek-fg-360-expansion-pack-2.png

The are now selling expansion packs (Rad, Fans, fittings) for their Fluid Gaming line and concentrate/premix coolants.

If you look farther on the site we can see blurred out sections for Water blocks (GPU, CPU), Fittings, adapters, Pump res combos, and extras for the stuff  that are coming soon™.

FG-Parts-page-CS-1.jpg

The 240mm Expansion is $79.99 while the 360mm option is $89.99 they come with the Rad, 2 or 3 fans, 2 fittings, and Y fan spliter cable.

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts

UPDATE:

Colored fittings and angle adapter are now available.  Blocks and Pumps are coming soon ™

chrome-170813-05f.png

chrome-170813-060.png

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Well this is sort of useful? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

How is this different from what they currently provide? Just all the required parts in one pack? 

I always preferred the idea of people having to research what they need. Then they have a full understanding of what they're getting into, and there's a lesser chance of "noob error." 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

How is this different from what they currently provide? Just all the required parts in one pack? 

I always preferred the idea of people having to research what they need. Then they have a full understanding of what they're getting into, and there's a lesser chance of "noob error." 

This would be you but the A240 kit + the 240 Expansion so you can install 2 RAD's to fill out the case. and due to it being a pack you don't need to worry about finding fans, or fittings.

1 minute ago, Ravager911 said:

I apreciate EK´s effort in making watercooling your pc components more affordable.

I fear that some people will try to combine these aluminium parts with copper parts.

That is why they provide many warning labels and have the aluminium stuff on a separate site to help keep people from doing that.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

This would be you but the A240 kit + the 240 Expansion so you can install 2 RAD's to fill out the case. and due to it being a pack you don't need to worry about finding fans, or fittings.

That is why they provide many warning labels and have the aluminium stuff on a separate site to help keep people from doing that.

That is the problem.

Most people ignore warning labels.

1 minute ago, Ravager911 said:

That is the problem.

Most people ignore warning labels.

That is their problem, it is not EK job to baby sit the world. They mention about not mixing in their videos. every part has a warning label that must be removed.

I really appreciate that they are doing this.

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

That is their problem, it is not EK job to baby sit the world. They mention about not mixing in their videos. every part has a warning label that must be removed.

I really appreciate that they are doing this.

Second hand though. Someone could sell it as a copper rad unless they are marked somewhere 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's an aluminum expansion for the Aluminium kit, this is noob error protection at its finest.

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Second hand though. Someone could sell it as a copper rad unless they are marked somewhere 

They do, they also make them differently (physically) so there is a clear visual marker.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

good point, you can tell by looking at the threads.

2 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

good point, you can tell by looking at the threads.

If they don't have picture that shows that clearly or they are plugged that's no use. 

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

They do, they also make them differently (physically) so there is a clear visual marker.

Doesn't look any different to me? 

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

If they don't have picture that shows that clearly or they are plugged that's no use. 

EK RADs look different, so you can tell.

ek-coolstream-xe_240_front_800.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Lol, take a look.  The normal copper ones have a distinct square design and the Aluminium ones are a more mainstream rounded design.

download (4).jpg

download (5).jpg

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

48 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

34 minutes ago, Damascus said:

It's an aluminum expansion for the Aluminium kit, this is noob error protection at its finest.

Ahhhh, aluminium. That makes so much more sense!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

You'll know soon enough by weight.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What do you guys think about these packs?

I am curious about them, as I am definitely not skilled enough to make my own custom loop.

When I eventually upgrade to Threadripper, I could see myself wanting to run this along with liquid cooling whatever graphics card I am running at the time together.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Here's to hoping they'll make a GPU block compatible with the Ti FTW3 :P

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm gonna get one now for sure!

I didnt buy the 240g yet, because i thought cooling a 7700k and a 1070 with only one 240 rad would not be that effective, but now with an extra 360 (or 240, dk yet) it'll definitely work well!

Was even considering buying an aluminum rad from china to expand the fluid kit 9_9

||i7 7700k | MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC | Gigabyte Z170xp-SLI |16 GB DDR3 | NZXT H440||

||Surface Pro 3 || MacBook Pro 15 (late 2014)||

Quite need expanding product stack like it. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

11 hours ago, Jon Jon said:

What do you guys think about these packs?

I am curious about them, as I am definitely not skilled enough to make my own custom loop.

When I eventually upgrade to Threadripper, I could see myself wanting to run this along with liquid cooling whatever graphics card I am running at the time together.

I think they are a great stepping stone for getting into custom loops.

As for a Threadripper upgrade, as of now we don't know if the fluid gaming line will support it.

I don't think people saying that this is cheating and you don't learn anything about watercooling is justified. Having the fans and right fittings picked out for you is quite easy, and about the equivalent of someone telling you that you need a z270 board for your 7700K.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I think this is a good idea but I really wish they made the fluid gaming series completely incompatible with their regular high end stuff. Perhaps different threads could have been used.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Colored fittings and angle adapter are now available.  Blocks and Pumps are coming soon ™

chrome-170813-05f.png

chrome-170813-060.png

On 08/08/2017 at 9:10 PM, dizmo said:

I started out with an Alphacool NexXxos AIO kit in a box but since then have added another 140mm rad and an EK Block for my 1070.

Kits in a box are indeed a great starting point and entry into the world of watercooling.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 08/09/2017 at 9:54 AM, effes said:

I'm gonna get one now for sure!

I didnt buy the 240g yet, because i thought cooling a 7700k and a 1070 with only one 240 rad would not be that effective, but now with an extra 360 (or 240, dk yet) it'll definitely work well!

Was even considering buying an aluminum rad from china to expand the fluid kit 9_9

FYI I had a single 240MM x 45MM rad running my 6700K & 1070 for a while and it did fine, I mean I couldn't OC at all but at stock with boosting enabled it kept my CPUs at around 50°c while heavy gaming and 70°c when doing stress testing. Strangely the GPU temp never went above 45°c even when the CPU was in the 70s.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)