Do you still game while you're on twenties?

TukangUsapEmenq

As stated on the title. I'm eighteen, here about to go for college of electrical engineering.

Few years later, perhaps, my sense for gaming would be decrease later. Because of working and families etc. Maybe?

(I'm actually already did now, from 8 hours straight on holidays and now not even reaching 5 hours)

A little plan I planned though as for a father (if this ain't stupid at all), a $1400 PC for the living room PC, for medias and.. Game. That if my son can use it too.

How about you guys?

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

I'm 29 and I still play game occasionally.

My choice of games have changed a lot though. I used to play a lot of GPS games, but now a days I tend to prefer either RPGs or turn-based strategy games.

I don't really have a lot of time to play games, but whenI do I tend to break out something like X-Com or Civil V.

My wife and I also play a lot of fighting games together.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I'm also 18. Don't see myself stopping gaming anytime soon, unless I can't get enough time, or I start a family and my wifey doesn't like me gaming. Though if I have any kids, I'll be sure to instill them with a love for games and all things Star Wars, as is my duty. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I'm 26 and I have a 4 Month old daughter. I still game when I get my wifey and the baby asleep. I can usually play 1 to 3 hours a day. I got a 40 hours job too.

14 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I'm 29 and I still play game occasionally.

My choice of games have changed a lot though. I used to play a lot of GPS games, but now a days I tend to prefer either RPGs or turn-based strategy games.

I don't really have a lot of time to play games, but whether I do I tend to break out something like X-Com or Civil V.

My wife and I also play a lot of fighting games together.

Ahahaha true story. Myself from too much FPS, now I enjoy more open world things and simulation. Still enjoy game like Dota though.

10 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I'm also 18. Don't see myself stopping gaming anytime soon, unless I can't get enough time, or I start a family and my wifey doesn't like me gaming. Though if I have any kids, I'll be sure to instill them with a love for games and all things Star Wars, as is my duty. 

Yeah, as responsibilities at it's peak lol

Build a PC and play something together with joystick. That's actually my silly dream for now lol

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

My adoptive father has gamed since the 70s, and I've gamed since 91 when I was 1.  Does that help?

Probably it is. I game from 5 or 6 years old and still until now.

Even preferably my laptop with GTA 5 or Dota 2 more than outside world though. Ironically.

Gotta try fry myself by the sun though.

1 minute ago, try2topdat said:

I'm 26 and I have a 4 Month old daughter. I still game when I get my wifey and the baby asleep. I can usually play 1 to 3 hours a day. I got a 40 hours job too.

Ah, nice to hear that :D

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

Well, I wouldn't know myself since I'm not there yet, but my dad definitely still plays on our switch, not much with PCs though, even though he has quite a monster of a build for his job (Data scientist).

Different people will give you different answer. 

I remembered I used to game more than 8 hours a day. On a crappy 720p laptop that I have. 

And at that point of time I don't even have internet. Need for speed most wanted and warcraft 3 is all I play. 

Now I am 26. I started to phase out the habit of gaming since a few years ago. And 2 months ago I just sold my gaming pc. i7 4770, rx480, 16GB of ram system. I always have the urge to play games, but I know as soon as I start a game, it bores me to death. I just stopped fancying any games anymore. It all becomes repetitive to me. You go to place A, do things then B then C. It's always the same. Also having to deal with in game teammates is a pain in the ass too. Not worth for me. 

So I bought a new laptop and use it as my daily driver. Watching streams, or browsing reddit, watching movie is all I do. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I am 30 and played a lot until recently. I just sold my gtx 1070 because games began to bore me. It just doesn't make as much fun as it used to do. I also have less time and mining is not worth here in Germany.

I used to play a lot more when I was younger, because I have less free time on account of full time employment.
I buy a lot more games and hardware now on account of full time employment.

tumblr_inline_nvc5fxhpHW1tza8qt_540.jpg

23, definitely, gaming has no age. 

I've been gaming less, but either because I'm too physically or emotionally tired to get invested in a game with a good, long story, and I don't feel like learning the new gun of the week in Infinite Warfare.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I'm 22 and I game still.  I have a full time job so I can't game all the time like I used to, not that I could back then anyways.  (My dad thought games make you violent).

But yeah, I haven't lost the passion for it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I'm 31 and I still game, not nearly as frequently or in amounts as large as when I was 18-22. I was big into vanilla WoW back then, and would have an interest if I had 4-6 hours a day to play but now I prefer the time with my wife and kids with some occasional gaming after they're asleep, preferably something with a great story(Witcher 3, walking dead, Mass Effect 1-3, Starcraft) and good action whether that be FPS, RPG, or Strategy.

Going on 26 soon. Often times, I would go days or sometimes a week or more without playing a single game, then maybe during a random night, just binge play a game well into the night, then not game again for awhile. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I just sold my gtx 1070 because games began to bore me. It just doesn't make as much fun as it used to do.

This is the main issue for me. 

2 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Well, I wouldn't know myself since I'm not there yet, but my dad definitely still plays on our switch, not much with PCs though, even though he has quite a monster of a build for his job (Data scientist).

The old guys sometimes prefer to separate their workstation and their place to play, though.

True story.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm just an Aspie/I don't like to communicate with the outside world in person.

Oh.. Okay then..

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Different people will give you different answer. 

I remembered I used to game more than 8 hours a day. On a crappy 720p laptop that I have. 

And at that point of time I don't even have internet. Need for speed most wanted and warcraft 3 is all I play. 

Now I am 26. I started to phase out the habit of gaming since a few years ago. And 2 months ago I just sold my gaming pc. i7 4770, rx480, 16GB of ram system. I always have the urge to play games, but I know as soon as I start a game, it bores me to death. I just stopped fancying any games anymore. It all becomes repetitive to me. You go to place A, do things then B then C. It's always the same. Also having to deal with in game teammates is a pain in the ass too. Not worth for me. 

So I bought a new laptop and use it as my daily driver. Watching streams, or browsing reddit, watching movie is all I do. 

Right now I'm using a not-even-reaching-1-month-yet 720p laptop and I'm still proud of it.

I always have the urge to play games, but I know as soon as I start a game, it bores me to death. I just stopped fancying any games anymore. It all becomes repetitive to me. You go to place A, do things then B then C. It's always the same. Also having to deal with in game teammates is a pain in the ass too.

This would so far be my favorite words for now. Bought GTA 5 on sale and finished the story for a week (yeah, I enjoyed the cutscenes and the story too), now I have no idea to do beside online that sometimes being like ass.

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I am 30 and played a lot until recently. I just sold my gtx 1070 because games began to bore me. It just doesn't make as much fun as it used to do. I also have less time and mining is not worth here in Germany.

Then you using your PC for what now with integrated graphics, I think? xD

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I used to play a lot more when I was younger, because I have less free time on account of full time employment.
I buy a lot more games and hardware now on account of full time employment.

tumblr_inline_nvc5fxhpHW1tza8qt_540.jpg

Dat stress relief, I think. Lol xD

43 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

23, definitely, gaming has no age. 

Wait until few years later and you'll feel the same thing as others I quoted, perhaps :P

32 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

My father still games, daily almost. He's in his 60s so it isn't something that goes away if you find it entertaining you will continue to do so and find the time I bet.

Wew. What game do he play? xD

28 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I've been gaming less, but either because I'm too physically or emotionally tired to get invested in a game with a good, long story, and I don't feel like learning the new gun of the week in Infinite Warfare.

Such series like CoD sucks though when you can't online and only enjoy the story.

17 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I'm 22 and I game still.  I have a full time job so I can't game all the time like I used to, not that I could back then anyways.  (My dad thought games make you violent).

But yeah, I haven't lost the passion for it.

As exactly as my pop said: games make you violent.

12 years of my gaming life and I never punch as hard as GTA protagonist to anyone else. :P

3 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

I'm 31 and I still game, not nearly as frequently or in amounts as large as when I was 18-22. I was big into vanilla WoW back then, and would have an interest if I had 4-6 hours a day to play but now I prefer the time with my wife and kids with some occasional gaming after they're asleep, preferably something with a great story(Witcher 3, walking dead, Mass Effect 1-3, Starcraft) and good action whether that be FPS, RPG, or Strategy.

Already try old game like World in Conflict, C&C series, Homeworld or (this doesn't old though) WarGame?

My favorite RTS games so far.

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Going on 26 soon. Often times, I would go days or sometimes a week or more without playing a single game, then maybe during a random night, just binge play a game well into the night, then not game again for awhile. 

Nice though. Makes the PC itself more last longer xD

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

Just now, dhannemon13 said:

Wew. What game do he play? xD

He enjoys mostly FPS games and stealth games, games about sniping and such. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

im 26, have a full time job and 4 kids.  i still find time to game every day.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Such series like CoD sucks though when you can't online and only enjoy the story

Infinite Warfare's story was extremely good. And I quite enjoy CoD TDM.

I enjoy CoD significantly more than the boring bullshit that are The Elder Scroll games and anything TellTale "Games" makes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, dhannemon13 said:

This would so far be my favorite words for now. Bought GTA 5 on sale and finished the story for a week (yeah, I enjoyed the cutscenes and the story too), now I have no idea to do beside online that sometimes being like ass.

GTA5 and witcher 3 has the best game story ever. I remembered invested a lot of time and emotion in it. It felt so real. You know in GTA 5 michael is not a good person. But you couldn't help to feel for him. Anyway, I am pretty sure that once I have some money I will build another gaming PC. Just not in the foreseeable future. And its gonna be an mini ITX system. xD

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

GTA5 and witcher 3 has the best game story ever. I remembered invested a lot of time and emotion in it. It felt so real. You know in GTA 5 michael is not a good person. But you couldn't help to feel for him. Anyway, I am pretty sure that once I have some money I will build another gaming PC. Just not in the foreseeable future. And its gonna be an mini ITX system. xD

I can't even tell why the hell Devin and Steve want Michael/Trevor killed.

So I went to RPG Steve at the park, and let Devin free falling from a cliff with a car on his ass.

Now I'm enjoying total of US$124.000.000-ish from these characters. My favorite is modifying cars that every single protagonist got different cars on their garage.

Best. Ending. Ever.

Haven't try Witcher 3 yet though, will looking forward if it's on sale :P

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Infinite Warfare's story was extremely good. And I quite enjoy CoD TDM.

I enjoy CoD significantly more than the boring bullshit that are The Elder Scroll games and anything TellTale "Games" makes.

Last time I played CoD is Modern Warfare 3. Actually got nice story, but yeah feels repetitive for me. 

9 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

im 26, have a full time job and 4 kids.  i still find time to game every day.

And you let your kids to play with you or not? xD

Usually when people game it can't to be much disturbed though (as for me, dunno if yourself).

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

He enjoys mostly FPS games and stealth games, games about sniping and such. 

He is a war veteran or not? Interesting though.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

And you let your kids to play with you or not? xD

Usually when people game it can't to be much disturbed though (as for me, dunno if yourself).

i let my son play overwatch with me occasionally. but my three girls couldnt care less about gaming, except maybe minecraft or roblox, which i wont let on my computer, so they get to watch that crap on youtube instead.

ive been having my youngest daughter name all my horses in Black Desert Online though.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

i let my son play overwatch with me occasionally. but my three girls couldnt care less about gaming, except maybe minecraft or roblox, which i wont let on my computer, so they get to watch that crap on youtube instead.

ive been having my youngest daughter name all my horses in Black Desert Online though.

Personal curiosity: why don't you install Minecraft. :P

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

1 minute ago, dhannemon13 said:

Personal curiosity: why don't you install Minecraft. :P

mostly cuz i dont have it and dont feel like buying it.

also cuz then if they are playing minecraft on my computer, then i cant play my games :D

and i actually blocked the roblox website on our network because they kept installing things on my computer without my

permission.

"can we watch youtube"

"sure go ahead"

-30 minutes later-

"why are you playing this and how did it get on my computer..?"

yea got sick of that real quick

|Specs in profile|