Do you still game while you're on twenties?

TukangUsapEmenq
7 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

if wifey doesn't like you gaming and makes you stop shes a dreadful wife, you arent a child haha

Well, if she doesn't enjoy gaming, so can't do it with you, she might want to spend some time with you? That is why several people I know have gotten out of gaming. Between work, gaming, and sleeping, they were not seeing their family very much, so they put family first.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

I'm leaving to college in about a week now. I've spent all summer upgrading my PC and getting my monitors sorted and everything. I don't plan on gaming nearly as much, since I will be working or will be in class most of the time, but to have it there is nice. Plus I can use it for renders, CAD, etc. It's a powerful PC, not just a gaming PC.

4 hours ago, Satisfoxy said:

After you turn 18 your life is only this:

lifeontheoutside.gif.e9875e2f85f5d20df7ea99e5f2f5b9cb.gif

Holy crap this is relatable.

I've been playing video games since I was five or six. I gamed through my teens, my twenties, my thirties, and I plan to game through my forties.

I have friends that still game, albeit less than me because they decided to have kids, so I think getting married and having kids is a larger factor in whether or not you game than age itself.

22 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

This is the problem with people who play games. Why use it that much a week. I bet if you had sex for 80 hours a week every week you'd start to hate it as well.

Yup! Honestly I enjoy gaming more now that I have less time for it.

23 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

This is the problem with people who play games. Why use it that much a week. I bet if you had sex for 80 hours a week every week you'd start to hate it as well.

Not so much hate as feel very, very sore.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Not so much hate as feel very, very sore.

Something something "spirit is willing" something something "but the flesh is spongy and bruised."

11 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

25 and life hit me like a double decker bus.

8+ hours/day = work.

1.5-2 h/d = commute

5-7 h/d = sleep

rest is split between gaming, chores and projects.

I need a vacation from adulting.

Much better than you can't sleep at all though.

11 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Indeed. It is enough for LoL 60 fps 1080p with medium settings. I don't need to play more games

Ahahaha true dat. Quality isn't a problem if you can still enjoy it anyway.

9 hours ago, Starberyl said:

I play video games and release my toxicity into MOBA platforms because of a stressful day at work and forced smile that lasts the entire workshift. 

This is how these annoying Pinoys made probably. xD

8 hours ago, wcreek said:

I'm 17 and 5 months away from being 18, and I don't see myself ever really stopping playing games. Though I've noticed last year between work and school I really didn't have time to do much of anything.

It's still nice you do work though. As a 18 here I even never actually work at all.

Dis place barely have part-time jobs tho.

8 hours ago, Atmos said:

Depends on the kind of person you are and the direction your life takes you.

I'm in my early twenties now and have no plans nor feelings to give up gaming and "grow up" as my grandparents would so wonderfully refer to it. Some people never grow out of what they enjoy, some people do grow out of it very quickly and move on to other passions; there's nothing wrong with that, its just the way humans are. only time will tell what kind of person you'll be, just don't let anyone else choose for you. You should make your own choices and live with the results, good or bad; its all just part of that being human thing we all do :3

True dat. Would be my preference for my friends who still too much game. xD

7 hours ago, JayKay3000 said:

I gamed into my mid 20s. It was only then I could afford the pc to play the games I'd always wanted to play.

As time moved on my choice of game changed. I moved into more story single player based games like Mass effect, guild wars 2 (online), skyrim and the witcher series.

I also went back to old games like quake, grim fandango and half life.

The point of games was for a story. I would play a game rather than watch a TV show rather than just playing a fps like battlefield where there is just a kill score and reactionary style. Online only fps games lost my interest and as I got older I became ever disconnected from the teens who generally played such games.

I also moved into hardcore combat flight sims like Il2 sturmovik battle of Stalingrad and digital combat simulator. Such games (especially) DCS required a healthy bank account to fund, but are generally populated by a more mature audience.

I love video games even now, but money and time is tied up in too many other projects so I do not play any. :(

People have often told me playing a video game is a waste of time, but the same could be said of television. I have had some of the best free time experiences in video games and a game with a decent story, good voice acting and music is as good as any book or tv show.

In the end a video game should be used in moderation. I think it becomes unhealthy when people put all their free time into a game. Does it matter if you don't complete the wticher in 1 week and complete it over a year instead? As long as you enjoy the experience and it fits in with your lifestyle then there is little harm in the medium to keep playing into your 30s, 40s, 50s, etc, or even into your 90s?

7 hours ago, porina said:

I'm... older than almost all others stated on this thread. It varies but I probably spend on average a couple hours a day gaming. I don't think age matters as much as what do you want to do, and can do in your life situation. Different people have different priorities for interests or other activities. If you want to do it, and can do it without neglecting other essential areas, why not? If you find something else more interesting, do that.

Yep. And my parents think I can't really stop too much game when I got more activities outside before this long holidays.

4 hours ago, Satisfoxy said:

After you turn 18 your life is only this:

lifeontheoutside.gif.e9875e2f85f5d20df7ea99e5f2f5b9cb.gif

This is really made my day.... xD

2 minutes ago, ZenMonkey said:

I've been playing video games since I was five or six. I gamed through my teens, my twenties, my thirties, and I plan to game through my forties.

I have friends that still game, albeit less than me because they decided to have kids, so I think getting married and having kids is a larger factor in whether or not you game than age itself.

Yes it is.

But you can still play with your kids though, make some HTPC and make the day together.

19 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I'm leaving to college in about a week now. I've spent all summer upgrading my PC and getting my monitors sorted and everything. I don't plan on gaming nearly as much, since I will be working or will be in class most of the time, but to have it there is nice. Plus I can use it for renders, CAD, etc. It's a powerful PC, not just a gaming PC.

Nice specs though. Ryzen really kicks ass for these rendering things.

21 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

Absolute ridiculously true. xD

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

I still game when I have the time and I still enjoy it.

That being said the older I get, the less time I have.

23 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

Yes it is.

But you can still play with your kids though, make some HTPC and make the day together.

You can to an extent, but not really. When your kid is very young, you need to watch them and do the parenting thing, so your ability to game is limited. When they're children from like 5-10, they can game, but they're not very coordinated yet and don't have the logical skills to really play at your level, so it's super casual. When they're like 10-14, you can game with them just fine. When they're 15-18, they hate you and want nothing to do with you. Then they go to college. Then they go through the same thing balancing work or school and a relationship with gaming.

You'll definitely game less I'd say as you'll have less time on your hands and will no doubt acquire other hobbies and interests. 

Mid 30s, still game.

Bought the Necro for Diablo 3 a little while ago, figure I'd give that a try this weekend.

I still play a few games, but lately i noticed i'm less interested in playing MMOs of any kind, the toxicity of the communities is too much of a hassle for just a few minutes of fun.

Nowadays i'm more focused in single player titles, long exploration games like Fallout 4, TES: Skyrim, Witcher 3 and so on. I'm also playing some games of my PS3 on my spare time, there's just so many titles i wasn't abble to play when they originally came out.

I also shifted most of my entertainment focus on watching older TV series, movies and just music (i have an extensive CD and SACD collection, thinking about expanding it to vinyl and compact-cassette as well), because at the end of the day, i just want to be abble to sit down, put something to play on the hi-fi and enjoy...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

26 year old engineer here. Don't game nearly as much as I used to, but not due to a lack of time. Interests have shifted focus a to bigger and better things, but I still enjoy playing the occasional game. The cool thing about college is you'll find many people with similar interests. I actually ended helping to start a school club that hosted a couple large LAN parties each semester when I was a freshman. The club is still active as far as I know.

On the flip side, the cool thing I've found about entering the real world after college is that I actually have the time and money to pursue my hobbies to a greater extent. For example, I can afford to build all these computer projects I have floating around in my head (i.e. NAS, overpowered HTPC & VR machine, custom watercooling loops, etc).

Heck I am 46 and play as much as I can. Work takes up most time family and what little time I have i game LOVE TO GAME.

8 hours ago, ZenMonkey said:

You can to an extent, but not really. When your kid is very young, you need to watch them and do the parenting thing, so your ability to game is limited. When they're children from like 5-10, they can game, but they're not very coordinated yet and don't have the logical skills to really play at your level, so it's super casual. When they're like 10-14, you can game with them just fine. When they're 15-18, they hate you and want nothing to do with you. Then they go to college. Then they go through the same thing balancing work or school and a relationship with gaming.

Really informative. Thanks for make me realize that lol xD 

4 hours ago, TopDollar said:

26 year old engineer here. Don't game nearly as much as I used to, but not due to a lack of time. Interests have shifted focus a to bigger and better things, but I still enjoy playing the occasional game. The cool thing about college is you'll find many people with similar interests. I actually ended helping to start a school club that hosted a couple large LAN parties each semester when I was a freshman. The club is still active as far as I know.

On the flip side, the cool thing I've found about entering the real world after college is that I actually have the time and money to pursue my hobbies to a greater extent. For example, I can afford to build all these computer projects I have floating around in my head (i.e. NAS, overpowered HTPC & VR machine, custom watercooling loops, etc).

Such thing are more worthy (and for everyone else too) than sitting and too much game though..

5 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I still play a few games, but lately i noticed i'm less interested in playing MMOs of any kind, the toxicity of the communities is too much of a hassle for just a few minutes of fun.

Nowadays i'm more focused in single player titles, long exploration games like Fallout 4, TES: Skyrim, Witcher 3 and so on. I'm also playing some games of my PS3 on my spare time, there's just so many titles i wasn't abble to play when they originally came out.

I also shifted most of my entertainment focus on watching older TV series, movies and just music (i have an extensive CD and SACD collection, thinking about expanding it to vinyl and compact-cassette as well), because at the end of the day, i just want to be abble to sit down, put something to play on the hi-fi and enjoy...

Yeah it is. Online sucks sometimes.

I got a reaaaly long lost-streak just because in every game, there's 1 or 2 peoples didn't want play as it supposed.

Like Io carry. Really?

But what makes playing singleplayer games albeit bring from time to time is.. If it's done, it's done.

I got GTA 5 here and I have no idea what to do with it now. Sometimes toxic online and I done the story in like a week. Lol.

Anyway dat overkill pfSense box though. Do you plan to with cache proxy too or what?

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

I'm 27, i play sometimes.. but need to be in the right frame of mind etc..

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.

12 hours ago, dhannemon13 said:

Yeah it is. Online sucks sometimes.

I got a reaaaly long lost-streak just because in every game, there's 1 or 2 peoples didn't want play as it supposed.

Like Io carry. Really?

But what makes playing singleplayer games albeit bring from time to time is.. If it's done, it's done.

I got GTA 5 here and I have no idea what to do with it now. Sometimes toxic online and I done the story in like a week. Lol.

Anyway dat overkill pfSense box though. Do you plan to with cache proxy too or what?

GTA V Online mode is at a radioactive state right now, i can't stand playing more than 5 minutes of it, waaaaay too many kids LOL.

The pfSense box is, like i said before, a "katana to cut bread" solution, i needed a decent network setup that could stream any kind of media around the house, feed the HT setup and 3 wireless APs without hiccups. Excluding the NIC and the motherboard (which came from Aliexpress) all the hardware in it is just spares that i had on my shelf, so it was pretty cheap to build.

Its not operational yet, but i'm thinking about setting up SNORT, CUPS and maybe a VPN at router level from it.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I'm 22.Studyin English Language&Literature but also playing everyday&night,Xbox One&PC.Since i live in a s*itty country,there's nothin else to do around here,people are terrible,i hate every inch of this country&its people.When you combine all this with the fact that me being a shy person since childhood(i have this condition,'social phobia')So,cant see myself doing anything other than games,movies and stuff.I dont know why I write this here but I feel terrible.

I gamed pretty hard and competitively until 25 or so. Between work, life, and the competitive ball hockey teams I have played for over the past six years, finding time to play has been quite a challenge. I'm also a father now, significantly reducing the ability to commit to an MM queue in CSGO, or SC2. I've resorted to quicker and simpler games like Hearthstone, or general Youtube consumption when I do get a chance to get on.

I've slowly been trying to make time for games again, and bought a bigger SSD so that I had room to keep them all installed whereas I used to have to keep uninstalling when I wanted to play something.

Kind of makes my setup feel a tiny bit wasted.

15937314_10154774887238463_2604612798724995334_o.jpg

Late 20s, still a gamer. I'm getting into my final year of school, so my time set aside for gaming has become limited as of late. I work as a freelance IT guy, building and repairing computers and setting up networks for people in my area, which pays the bills and enables me to have my own schedules, to an extent.

I don't plan on having a family of my own, as I don't feel like I'm the right kind of person for it. So as far as I'm concerned it'll just be me, myself, and I for the foreseeable future.  

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

On 8/4/2017 at 5:57 AM, mrchow19910319 said:

Now I am 26. I started to phase out the habit of gaming since a few years ago. And 2 months ago I just sold my gaming pc. i7 4770, rx480, 16GB of ram system. I always have the urge to play games, but I know as soon as I start a game, it bores me to death. I just stopped fancying any games anymore. It all becomes repetitive to me. You go to place A, do things then B then C. It's always the same. Also having to deal with in game teammates is a pain in the ass too. Not worth for me. 

Just turned 27, we pretty much have the similar case. I just admitted to myself some games just don't work for me or won't work for me at the moment. Instead of breaking the habit, I just went on finding what suits my taste. I quit online gaming and JRPG and the like and focused on what entertains me. 

13 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

GTA V Online mode is at a radioactive state right now, i can't stand playing more than 5 minutes of it, waaaaay too many kids LOL.

The pfSense box is, like i said before, a "katana to cut bread" solution, i needed a decent network setup that could stream any kind of media around the house, feed the HT setup and 3 wireless APs without hiccups. Excluding the NIC and the motherboard (which came from Aliexpress) all the hardware in it is just spares that i had on my shelf, so it was pretty cheap to build.

Its not operational yet, but i'm thinking about setting up SNORT, CUPS and maybe a VPN at router level from it.

These freaking level 100-and-up who rush everything and kills you when you're only passing by. (I'm still at level 28 btw. Got only 52 hours of total gameplay yet.)

So I waste my precious $100k for a rocket launcher and a bullpup rifle, for the sake of self-defense.

5 hours ago, divito said:

I gamed pretty hard and competitively until 25 or so. Between work, life, and the competitive ball hockey teams I have played for over the past six years, finding time to play has been quite a challenge. I'm also a father now, significantly reducing the ability to commit to an MM queue in CSGO, or SC2. I've resorted to quicker and simpler games like Hearthstone, or general Youtube consumption when I do get a chance to get on.

I've slowly been trying to make time for games again, and bought a bigger SSD so that I had room to keep them all installed whereas I used to have to keep uninstalling when I wanted to play something.

Kind of makes my setup feel a tiny bit wasted.

15937314_10154774887238463_2604612798724995334_o.jpg

Nice setup btw. 

And really. Reminding myself when I game on 320 GB HDD. xD

4 hours ago, Phentos said:

Late 20s, still a gamer. I'm getting into my final year of school, so my time set aside for gaming has become limited as of late. I work as a freelance IT guy, building and repairing computers and setting up networks for people in my area, which pays the bills and enables me to have my own schedules, to an extent.

I don't plan on having a family of my own, as I don't feel like I'm the right kind of person for it. So as far as I'm concerned it'll just be me, myself, and I for the foreseeable future.  

Yeah, can't be done if you can't be ready at all...

You're reminding of myself when I don't want to marry because of the nearly same thing you feel. Lol xD

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

47 minutes ago, freewulf said:

Just turned 27, we pretty much have the similar case. I just admitted to myself some games just don't work for me or won't work for me at the moment. Instead of breaking the habit, I just went on finding what suits my taste. I quit online gaming and JRPG and the like and focused on what entertains me. 

Yeah... tell me about it. I'm just lazy. Or find it purely un-entertaining. 

I watch stream all the time. But don't game anymore. :)

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Yea, nowadays the genres I used to play, as well as the habits I used to employ, are no longer appealing honestly.

I used to be a mid-core CS:S and CS:GO player back in the day, frequently playing competitive matches, often many times per day. Now I've found that my twitch reaction times have slowed down as I'm getting older, so I've given up on that kind of competitive FPS gaming as of 2014. Occasionally I'll play PUBG for a match or two, especially if friends want me to join them.

However, now I'm mostly interested in RPGs (mostly western), MMOs and Paradox games, with a dash of Total War thrown in. 

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.