Politics Forum

Go to solution Solved by Slick,

957.gif

On 5/10/2017 at 1:01 AM, straight_stewie said:

@Ryan_VickersAnd yes, places like that do exist elsewhere. But places to discuss politics with the likes and intelligence of the members of this forum do not exist elsewhere. This forum, with its mostly genuine members and mostly intelligent contributors with differing opinions and the facts to back them up is where I want to be, and honestly, I spend just as much, if not more, time on this forum as I do on Facebook.

If I may offer an idea, you can set up a Discord chat wherein you discuss politics with other people on these forums. But we can't help with what's going on there and we can't officially recognize such chat.

I personally do not believe that every convo topic is proper to talk about in every situation. Like you wouldn't talk about drugs at a children's party. That said you have every right to make a group outside the forums and I believe there is already an LTT member discord somewhere out there.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

You can always go onto the nearest FB page for some politics. On this one garage sale site im on for some reason they allow politics and they have this guy that posts the most random crap ever, his name is Nick Izan. And everyone knows what IZAN backwards is

Im not making this up BTW i can get screenshots whensoever i get home

16 minutes ago, Mister Mister said:

Im not making this up BTW i can get screenshots whensoever i get home

Good place to test FB´s mew fake news detector. Or just report him for using fake account.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'd like to see a politics forum, but that'd mean LTT would either have to get more mods for said forum, or leave it unmoderated. And there's already (basically) unmoderated politics forums, /pol/ is a thing still. Plus, this forum can't even handle stuff like SLI vs single card, or Intel vs AMD. The second we let people talk about the last presidential elections or ancap vs ancom as an economic system, the flamewars would be of epic proportions. It would get completely out of hand, even with mods around.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

3 hours ago, Slick said:

957.gif

So Luke has spoken, politics thread ain't happening kids ??

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

All you need is /pol/

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 5/9/2017 at 10:56 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

That would basically require an unmoderated subforum, which is a terrible idea for many reasons, and places like that already exist elsewhere on the internet :P 

why would an unmoderated subforum be bad? just put it on the bottom somewhere lol

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

3 hours ago, Nickathom said:

why would an unmoderated subforum be bad? just put it on the bottom somewhere lol

It's already there, called Test posts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's already there, called Test posts.

That's only useful if you have DID. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Seeing how this is a tech forum, I'm going to vote no on this.

I think the political discussions can be left on Reddit :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

43 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That's only useful if you have DID. 

oh the irony... I google that and 3 big pictures of a certain figure came up...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh the irony... I google that and 3 big pictures of a certain figure came up...

Don't go randomly search things. It's quite dangerous. 

I think this has gone on long enough that it's clear what the official response is, and what most people's opinions are.  Don't want to leave this open to give the impression that it's actually being debated.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.