Installed ryzen. Windows installer not working

Elclid

I recently installed a new mother board, cpu and ram. Everything was working pretty much until it tried to run windows and an error came up saying to insert the windows install disk and repair. When i boot to the windows disk the mouse and keyboard do not turn on or work. They were working in the bios and everything else.

I tried putting in the old parts and reinstalling windows. Worked just fine. Put in new parts. Same problem

Msi b350M gaming pro mother board

Ryzen 5 1500x

1060 3gb

Corsair vengeance Lpx 8gb ddr4 dram 2400mhz

Just now, ImHyperstyle said:

What version of windows?

Windows 7

@ImHyperstyle I call that BULLSHIT. But not 100% sure.

Try doing a fresh instalation, instead of trying to fix/repair/upgrade it.

1 minute ago, ImHyperstyle said:

Windows 7 isn't supported by ryzen sadly you'd have to upgrade to windows 10...

Thanks for the help. 

3 minutes ago, ImHyperstyle said:

you'd have to upgrade to windows 10

I call that part BS. Even AMD themselfs have tested their CPU in windows 7, and everything worked fine. Only "problem" you would have, is no (official) support. Meaning: it should and is going to work. Just not optimized, or with any care for it.

Because of that, I suggest trying a fresh install. Probably Intel stuff on that OS, and because it's all new hardware, you would 99% just do a fresh windows installation.

Ahem, there is a ryzen system right next to me with windows 7 on it, atm my SO is playing a game on it so it IS possible.

edit: anyway, let's be helpful :P

You will need to do a fresh install if you want to use W7 on a ryzen system and install it using a PS/2 keyboard. Or inject the USB drivers in the usb or dvd image of W7.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

10 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I call that part BS. Even AMD themselfs have tested their CPU in windows 7, and everything worked fine. Only "problem" you would have, is no (official) support. Meaning: it should and is going to work. Just not optimized, or with any care for it.

Because of that, I suggest trying a fresh install. Probably Intel stuff on that OS, and because it's all new hardware, you would 99% just do a fresh windows installation.

but why are we running ancient(well its pushing on 8 years now) code that doesn't support the hardware right?

Stick with 10(or ltsb if you don't want all the crap, or server2016) if your using windows. Its the best supported, and it seems like 7 is going to lose support soon for many programs.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

but why are we running ancient(well its pushing on 8 years now) code that doesn't support the hardware right?

Stick with 10(or ltsb if you don't want all the crap, or server2016) if your using windows. Its the best supported, and it seems like 7 is going to lose support soon for many programs.

Soon in this case is 3 years soo i guess that's still a while away?

Maybe by then we have a new windows OS without ads, i dunno... Would be nice i guess.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Topic starter didn't buy the most expencive Ryzen CPU. He might have spend all his money, and maybe he can't upgrade to windows 10. I just gave him an option that should work, other then saying: it can't work at all.

8 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Soon in this case is 3 years soo i guess that's still a while away?

Maybe by then we have a new windows OS without ads, i dunno... Would be nice i guess.

If you don't want adds you can run win 10 ltsb or run a different OS, if you don't like a product, don't support it.

19 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Ahem, there is a ryzen system right next to me with windows 7 on it, atm my SO is playing a game on it so it IS possible.

edit: anyway, let's be helpful :P

You will need to do a fresh install if you want to use W7 on a ryzen system and install it using a PS/2 keyboard. Or inject the USB drivers in the usb or dvd image of W7.

Yep.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you don't want adds you can run win 10 ltsb or run a different OS, if you don't like a product, don't support it.

Which is exactly why i'm still running w7 :P

Yes i know it won't be supported anymore in 3 years. Maybe by then there will be better solutions, who knows. A lot can happen in that time so i'm not too worried about it for now. We'll see i guess.

4 hours ago, Elclid said:

I recently installed a new mother board, cpu and ram. Everything was working pretty much until it tried to run windows and an error came up saying to insert the windows install disk and repair. When i boot to the windows disk the mouse and keyboard do not turn on or work. They were working in the bios and everything else.

I tried putting in the old parts and reinstalling windows. Worked just fine. Put in new parts. Same problem

Ryzen 5 1500x

1060 3gb

Yeah you need to do a fresh instal, or else your OS is going to go mental trying to figure stuff out, also, win 10 might give you better results.

4 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Not supported doesn't mean it won't work.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I had the same problem and because of it i was forced to update to windows 10 with the license of my laptop.
After i installed windows10, i found that to install windows 7 you need to use the old port for keybord and mouse or the pc will not recognize them i(during windows installation) if they are connected by usb.

I amnot sure about this methgod since i didn't test it

• 1 year later...
On 29.04.2017 at 7:16 PM, Elclid said:

Ryzen 5 1500x

1060 3gb

I have done this with the solution described here. It will benefit my friends like me.

MSI B350M Gaming PRO motherboard, resolving Windows 10 installing error

I have done this with the solution described here. It will benefit my friends like me.