Convince me not to switch from Android back to IOS

KWelz
Just now, Suika said:

but considering apps on iPhones are 3x larger than they are on Android

This is due to how iOS handles cache data. Apps tend to balloon in size the more you use them. There are apps on the App Store that can clean the cache files for you but the easiest way would be to delete them and reinstall. 

Its a strange problem that iOS has but MacOS does not. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, Aytex said:

large 1440p displays are crsipy af dou :D 

My MacBook Pros display is pretty crispy 

2560x1600 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

I activate both Android and iOS devices and whenever a device has an issue activating via the OTA method, it tends to be iPhones in personal experiences. Ironically, iTunes can be used as an alternative.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

iTunes can be used as an alternative.

As far as I can tell, the only people who dont like iTunes are the ones who dont know how to use it. 

not really related but ehh

54 minutes ago, JDE said:

I like using Android day to day, and I don't long for my old device. Keep in mind, I use the Note 5, a few generations old.

I'm using the blu r1 hd, I was able to snag the fully upgraded version for $42 because I got it the day it released and found a bug on it that night which I helped the dev team solve lol. they compensated me very nicely ;) 

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

iPhones support almost every media format except for FLACC which can be converted into ALAC. 

not sure what you mean by drag and drop, provide and example. 

1080p vs 1440p on smartphones has been debunked by Linus himslef. 

GFs mom got an SE recently and I went to add songs like I would my 6p...nope. .OGG file support was non existent and the conversation process was so time consuming.

With Apple marketing being focused on media, it's unacceptable tbh

3 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

.OGG 

.OGG as far as I can tell are only supported in Chrome, nor are they files that artists release as. 

You are blaming Apple for not supporting a file format that is usually not used for legitimate reasons. I've only ever seen .OGG used on Wikia pages. 

and you can covert with Foobar. 

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

As far as I can tell, the only people who dont like iTunes are the ones who dont know how to use it. 

It's just annoying how every other time I sync music over iTunes, there's always a song that corrupts and stops playing halfway through because of an issue with syncing. It can be fixed, but I'd rather it work the first time.

With Apple marketing being focused on media, it's unacceptable tbh

But... you still won't see the difference between a 1440p and 1080p on the iPhone 7 Plus unless you're pixel peeping. I'd rather save a bit of battery and not pixel peep.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Legitimate complaint, WiFi Assist is god awful in causing nasty billing surprises. With Apple updates having that turned on by default, people with tiered data plans can have their data burned through if their wifi cuts out and cell data kicks in.

Not everyone has unlilited data.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

there's always a song that corrupts and stops playing halfway through

Usually a respring/restart fixes that. Its usually never a corrupted song. The Music app just glitches out sometimes. 

Just now, Mooshi said:

Then turn it off or fix the wifi network. 

In the US, unless you're on a grand fathered plan, carriers don't bill you for overages.

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Usually a respring/restart fixes that. Its usually never a corrupted song. 

I'll have to pay attention to that the next time. Could have sworn I had restarted my device when one of my songs was doing that, but of course it's been awhile since.

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Then turn it off or fix the wifi network. 

Do you expect everyone to be tech savvy to find that let alone know it's turned on by default or what it is? The average user doesn't know this stuff.

1 minute ago, Suika said:

In the US, unless you're on a grand fathered plan, carriers don't bill you for overages.

I'll have to pay attention to that the next time. Could have sworn I had restarted my device when one of my songs was doing that, but of course it's been awhile since.

Verizon is 15usd per gb over, even if it's slight like 0.001 lol..sad, but true.

Just now, Mooshi said:

Do you expect everyone to be tech savvy

Yes. 

Might be a little high horsed of me, but yes, yes I do. 

Just now, Mooshi said:

Verizon is 15usd per gb over, even if it's slight lile 0.001 lol..sad, but true.

On grand fathered plans, that's true. Modern plans, no.

I was a long time android user who went to IOS. I never found a solution to the problems you're having. My Samsung phones battery life started out so so and went down hill from there, and the software performance by the time I traded it in for my IPhone had degraded to the point it was almost unusable at times.

I don't know about tests, but in the real world, my IPhone 7 plus's battery life absolutely blows away other flagship android phones friends use. I could barely make it through the work day before my android phone died. I also had wildly uneven battery performance with my S5, and there were a couple android updates that caused my battery performance to crater. My IPhone can usually make it a couple days without charging, with the same degree of usage.

Performance wise my iPhone has been so much smoother. I have yet to make it stutter.

Having said that, there are some annoying things about IOS. It isn't always user friendly and many things are far from self explanatory. Numerous times Ive had to google functions that were obvious on android and customize settings to make it more usable. There is a learning curve to IOS.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

5 minutes ago, Suika said:

On grand fathered plans, that's true. Modern plans, no.

Modern are $15, some older plans are $10. This is my dayjob, I know too much to be comfortable..usually I credit the $15 if it's slightly over out of morality. Data overage charges don't exist if you have the current plan with safety mode on.

Ahem, I'll give the flipside. My 6P is starting to feel sluggish, iPhones are better at retaining performance over the duration. Updates are also more predictable while some manufactures take an age and a half (SAMSUNG). There's pros and cons to android and ios really.

Former Nexus 6p user...

After 7.0 came out, STOCK CAMERA APP CONSTANT CRASHING. 

Switched back to a iphone SE. 

It is a boring fone... but, it works 100% of the time. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

15 hours ago, JDE said:

ANYWAYS:

Try HTC 10 or Oneplus 3T for battery life. Or if not a flagship try the Xiaomi Mi Max, Zenfone 2 Max, LG X Power or BLU Studio Energy 2. They have 4000mah+ batteries.

OP3 is pretty nice for battery life, and I've had experience with the samsung OS (on an S5) and it's honestly garbage, the icons are horrible, the skins on all the apps are just dumb and I'm super glad I have almost stock android on my OP3 with some small but welcome little changes :)

Thanks for the advice.  Even if some got a bit off topic.   

Lets get back to the basics though.   Software.  

Any way to get an IOS like email and text experience on android?

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Just now, KWelz said:

No

On 4/18/2017 at 5:08 PM, KWelz said:

Many apps for Android (even first party) tend to lack the attention to detail and fine tuning that first party iOS apps are known for. Apps like Facebook are famous battery hogs on Android. Removing these offending apps may be the only way to maintain battery life. 

I'd probably like IOS myself, and I'd love to give it a try, there are things it cannot do, so I've little choice. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…