AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

also back on topic doe, I stumbled on this website while trying to look for another video that LTT did that was doing terrible with the votes: http://sortbydislikes.com/search.php?channel=linustechtips

I find it funny that out of top 10 disliked videos for LTT,7 are related with apple or their devices. :P

1 minute ago, AG1233 said:

I find it funny that out of top 10 disliked videos for LTT 6 are related with apple :P

Talk about knee jerk reactions WHERE are the apple defenders god dammit

2 minutes ago, ATFink said:

LTT has a larger fan base than the other tech channels, so naturally you'd see a lot more activity surrounding LTT when it comes to a video launch. The combined subscriber count for all three LTT channels is almost 6 million. The silly nature of some videos LTT produces also allows for more reaction, but I see what your point.

I think you are correct with the sensitivity to a degree as long as being sensitive isn't confused with criticism. This is especially true because when someone starts something on a large channel the potential to propagate is much greater than that of a smaller channel if it starts to catch on. I down voted the video as a criticism for the LTT team to learn from. I removed my down vote when the title changed.

The people I'm referring to hawk up the same ole stuff, and those are the ones I'm referring to being as sensitive. The criticism from many members and probably on the YouTube comments (maybe.... I'm afraid to look) have merit, even if I disagree with it. I'm just personally more worried about the actual content in their videos - it seems they're constantly shooting for the entertainment factor rather than the informative one.

........and then all of a sudden people are shocked they shoot even further for the entertainment factor and quickly go to the comments to vent their grief and spam the dislike button.

¯\_( ͠° ͟ʖ °͠ )_/¯

2 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

It was sarcasm, but I suppose the understood "/s" was as understood as I had hoped.

It's LTTF, I assume everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise, so apologies for not getting sarcasm from the get-go.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

It's LTTF, I assume everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise, so apologies for not getting sarcasm from the get-go.

You don't apologize on the internet what the hell is wrong with you maggot

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Gotta do it where I can, otherwise I'd be banned for going off on people for being idiots. That's what you're here for. :)

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"Idiot until proven otherwise" is not necessarily a bad way to go about things, tbh. ^_^

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Just now, Kloaked said:

Close... this is the Internet, after all.

Just now, techstorm970 said:

"Idiot until proven otherwise" is not necessarily a bad way to go about things, tbh. ^_^

Yeah well that "otherwise" list is pretty small..

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Gotta do it where I can, otherwise I'd be banned for going off on people for being idiots. That's what you're here for. :)

idk what you're implying here ...

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Close... this is the Internet, after all.

I was going to put the other word but I might actually get reported for that.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah well that "otherwise" list is pretty small..

...which is why warning labels that warn people about brain-dead obvious things exist. :P

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I was going to put the other word but I might actually get reported for that.

</3

1 minute ago, techstorm970 said:

...which is why warning labels that warn people about brain-dead obvious things exist. :P

Remove warning labels and we suddenly have smarter tech enthusiasts. Or more dumb posts about simple stuff on this forum.

</3

Remove warning labels and we suddenly have smarter tech enthusiasts. Or more dumb posts about simple stuff on this forum.

Maybe, but there would also be massive amounts of people outside of this forum who would get sue-happy, which is a shame. -_-

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

It's funny that people didn't read the original post where they stated that they were simulating what the r5 and r3 would be. The thumbnails are getting too farfetched now. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I will pull an offended-LTT-viewer and pretend that I'm surprised that this is a "killer argument" in the eyes of someone dumb enough to believe they had R5s and R3s.

That's a far more valid concern: the title would become misleading once the CPUs are out...

That, however, is not: anyone watching the video will know the same we know: that they are testing a tweaked 1800x. So no "misguided" purchase possible there. The title will become misleading, the content will not.

You do realize they probably DO AHVE R5's in the office RIGHT NOW, the R5 launches in 3 weeks, they need time to do testing so they probably have it already.

While i understand why you are keen to jump on the latest CPU bandwagon, as if you don't do it someone else is going to anyway, but I don't know. It just feels wrong. Weirdly, using a buzz term for it, it does just like, 'fake news.' It just feels over extending and creating a video during the Ryzen buzz just to say you have a video out. You can see why people are pissed and I think you will most likely not make this mistake again. I watch every video and live stream and enjoy the content as a whole but this video could have been better spent on a Ryzen motherboard round up or Ryzen chipset reviews or testing overclocking ability between the B series and X chipsets to see if any performance is gained between them.

13 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

You do realize they probably DO AHVE R5's in the office RIGHT NOW, the R5 launches in 3 weeks, they need time to do testing so they probably have it already.

AMD gave reviewers about 3 days before launch for the R7 info, LMG does not have R5 and R3 CPUs in their hands.

42 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

It's funny that people didn't read the original post where they stated that they were simulating what the r5 and r3 would be. The thumbnails are getting too farfetched now. 

Some of us skip to the video right away, I saw the thread title, clicked it then immediately clicked on the the video (didn't even see the thumbnail because I was here BEFORE the thumbnail), I didn't see any other words other then the THREAD AND VIDEO TITLE, so I had to wait till the video revealed the click bait bullshit.

AMD gave reviewers about 3 days before launch for the R7 info, LMG does not have R5 and R3 CPUs in their hands.

And the R7 launch was riddled with testing issues, don't think they would screw that up a second time.

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

And the R7 launch was riddled with testing issues, don't think they would screw that up a second time.

Ye of so much faith have much to learn about AMD.

7 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

don't think they would screw that up a second time.

Let me introduce you to AMD's marketing division: 

2251155626_63d7c82709_m.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Let me introduce you to AMD's marketing division: 

Head isn't up there far enough.

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

On the plus side your comment isn't pinned anymore as they had to pin their apology to try and save face xD

fun tiems fun times