RyZen will get official Windows 7 support

Space Reptile

8 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Care to explain how Vista and Windows 7 were "nigh identical" but Windows 7 and Windows 8 aren't on a kernel level? I don't want any vague answers either, since you are calling others ignorant.

Are you calling Windows 7 "terribly insecure"? Because Windows 7 had fewer publicly known security holes than Windows 10 had last year. Care to back up your claim that Windows 7 is unsecure and Windows 10 isn't?

Windows 7 is still supported. It will continue to be supported until 2020.

What do you mean Windows 7 cost us 5+ extra years of 32 bit games? Are you saying Microsoft should have dropped the 32bit version with Windows 7? If so, I hope you realize that there is a 32bit version of Windows 10 too. They didn't go 64bit-only with Windows 10.

Good thing Windows 7 isn't EoL, right? Support stops in 2020. So it's 3 years until support stops.

That's not EoL. What ended was sales and mainstream support. Also, Microsoft clearly showed that they don't give a damn about their customers and ended the support for Windows 7 early, so security updates was all you were getting anyway. The end of mainstream support didn't mean anything to anyone. Nothing changed.

End of sales and mainstream support is EoL. That it. Your grandma gets a computer virus and wants to call microsoft? GG. A new program is unstable with Windows 7 or doesn't work at all? GG. The 4790k is EoL, but you can still talk to Intel about it, MS won't even do that much (although in fairness, from a timeline perspective it'd be more like asking them about an i5-750 (which not-surprisingly is "end of interactive support" from Intel)

http://ark.intel.com/products/42915/Intel-Core-i5-750-Processor-8M-Cache-2_66-GHz

I was comparing, not claiming Win 7 forced us the continuation of 32bit registries. Rather the same idiotic "I want to keep using my old trash, and EVERYTHING NEW BETTER WORK WITH IT" whiny bitch face that people keep having is what caused such a huge delay, and continues to hold us back.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Anecdotal evidence and availability heuristic. Congratulations on failing the statistical relevancy class.

You mean hard and widespread evidence. Congratulations on failing the objectivity class.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

10 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

End of sales and mainstream support is EoL. That it. Your grandma gets a computer virus and wants to call microsoft? GG. A new program is unstable with Windows 7 or doesn't work at all? GG.

Yeah, because people on tech forums totally are going to call Microsoft about a virus, or for help regarding program system requirements. If someone's doing that, then they're not someone to think about which OS is better to use, anyway.

Before Windows 10, I never had to call Microsoft for anything. Since Windows 10, I've spent many hours in chat and on the phone with Microsoft trying to get fundamental issues with the OS worked out. Every time I run into another issue with Windows 10, I go back to Windows 7, and have no problems. Every time I go back to Windows 10, it's inevitable that problems will be run into, in sooner, rather than later.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

36 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

You mean hard and widespread evidence. Congratulations on failing the objectivity class.

*Facepalms*

Bugs breaking little things is not the same as creating an attack surface. None of the bugs you referenced to articles about have any relevance to the security of the OS...

39 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Yeah, because people on tech forums totally are going to call Microsoft about a virus, or for help regarding program system requirements. If someone's doing that, then they're not someone to think about which OS is better to use, anyway.

Before Windows 10, I never had to call Microsoft for anything. Since Windows 10, I've spent many hours in chat and on the phone with Microsoft trying to get fundamental issues with the OS worked out. Every time I run into another issue with Windows 10, I go back to Windows 7, and have no problems. Every time I go back to Windows 10, it's inevitable that problems will be run into, in sooner, rather than later.

sounds like user error

I currently use 7 8.1 and 10

all the same to me

all the same needed to be tweaked for my liking

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

sounds like user error

I currently use 7 8.1 and 10

all the same to me

all the same needed to be tweaked for my liking

Based on what - you're desire to deflect? It's pretty stupid to say that it sounds like anything, when no description of the types of issues has been given.

19 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

*Facepalms*

Bugs breaking little things is not the same as creating an attack surface. None of the bugs you referenced to articles about have any relevance to the security of the OS...

What constitutes an attack? Is it unwanted software that installs itself on a person's PC, breaking proper functionality, and occasionally forcing a complete reinstall of the OS and everything else? Because Windows 10's updates have done that to a lot of people's systems, including mine when the AU installed.

8 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Based on what - you're desire to deflect? It's pretty stupid to say that it sounds like anything, when no description of the types of issues has been given.

I'm not the one complaining and wasting time on phone

learn to control your os

btw dont need to listen to anti win10 user right now,

7 hours ago, Okjoek said:

You think they can pack more graphics processing power into an APU than my entire RX 460? 

I'd actually really like to buy that then. No more discrete GPU for me ^_^

Don't jump the gun on that. If I am correct that the highest end APUs are going to see 460-470 levels of performance, they're going to draw a decent amount of power (so you'll need to opt for a more expensive board that'll handle the power delivery without going thermonuclear in a month), and probably ship as a quad core at the highest capacity.

For moderate gaming, the APU's would be fine, but they're not exactly ideal for "futureproofing" if we're starting the transition into consumer 6c/12t and 8c/16t processors (not the prosumer offerings of Intel that cost a small fortune in the end).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, pas008 said:

I'm not the one complaining and wasting time on phone

learn to control your os

btw dont need to listen to anti win10 user right now,

Those are some arbitrary responses. Again, what would you be basing a comment of learning to control an OS off of, considering you still haven't been told what types of issues I've contacted Microsoft support (something I haven't had to do in the previous couple of decades of using Windows) concerning?

Re-installing hasn't fixed certain issues, the problems I've had Microsoft hasn't been able to solve through their escalation and remote-access efforts. The problems I've had with Windows are definitely problems with Windows 10 that need to be fixed from Microsoft's side of things.

If you don't want to read responses to suggestive comments, then it's probably best to not make the aforementioned suggestive comments.

12 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Those are some arbitrary responses. Again, what would you be basing a comment of learning to control an OS off of, considering you still haven't been told what types of issues I've contacted Microsoft support (something I haven't had to do in the previous couple of decades of using Windows) concerning?

Re-installing hasn't fixed certain issues, the problems I've had Microsoft hasn't been able to solve through their escalation and remote-access efforts. The problems I've had with Windows are definitely problems with Windows 10 that need to be fixed from Microsoft's side of things.

If you don't want to read responses to suggestive comments, then it's probably best to not make the aforementioned suggestive comments.

user error

maybe go into details? wait blame the os not the user

typical anti 10 user

funny thing with windows 10 I can actually use some old school programs that xp to 8.1 couldnt

54 minutes ago, pas008 said:

user error

maybe go into details? wait blame the os not the user

typical anti 10 user

funny thing with windows 10 I can actually use some old school programs that xp to 8.1 couldnt

I guess you actually do want to read Windows 10 critical comments right now.

Why would I go into details? I'm not soliciting you for advice or help, and someone who assumes user error based on nothing isn't someone who understands computer tech, anyways, but is an obvious apologist. I only mentioned my experiences, and they are as I've stated.

You need to work on your trolling skills. Not impressing anyone here.

34 minutes ago, pas008 said:

getting IL2 1946 was a bitch to run on w7 , it was just a double-click on w10  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

30 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I guess you actually do want to read Windows 10 critical comments right now.

Why would I go into details? I'm not soliciting you for advice or help, and someone who assumes user error based on nothing isn't someone who understands computer tech, anyways, but is an obvious apologist. I only mentioned my experiences, and they are as I've stated.

You need to work on your trolling skills. Not impressing anyone here.

lol you calling microsoft for help says alot about you

28 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

getting IL2 1946 was a bitch to run on w7 , it was just a double-click on w10  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

few cad programs here, rediscovered old designs and projects is fun

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

Never had to before Windows 10. And again, what would you be basing such a comment off of, since you are in ignorance of what any issues have been?

Frankly, that comment only underscored that you're tech-illiterate.

15 minutes ago, pas008 said:

When you get several different customer PCs in for repair because they are stuck in a boot loop after an update and re-installing the OS and updating it causes the boot loop to re-appear, what else are you going to do but call Microsoft? 

I've wasted so much time calling them that I simply refuse to work on Win10 PCs now if the job doesn't involve installing Linux, Win8.1 or Win7 on them.

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

When you get several different customer PCs in for repair because they are stuck in a boot loop after an update and re-installing the OS and updating it causes the boot loop to re-appear, what else are you going to do but call Microsoft? 

I've wasted so much time calling them that I simply refuse to work on Win10 PCs now if the job doesn't involve installing 8.1 or 7 on them.

boot up in cmd prompt with windows repair and uninstall update?

3 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

A) A lot of the driver stack changed in Windows 8, particularly revolving around Display and Network drivers. A lot of task scheduling and resource management changed too. There are a *TON* of under the hood changes that happened. Saying that the version of NT in Windows 7 and the version of NT in Windows 10 are the same kernel is like saying that Linux 2.6 and 4.7 are the same kernel. Go try and run Fedora 24 on new hardware with a Linux 2.6 kernel xP

Again, no vague shit please. I can't find anything about the kernel drivers for networking and displays being significantly reworked in Windows 8 so I would like for you to explain it, or post evidence. If you're going to explain it then I'd appreciate how it was changed, and what benefits it provides.

By the way, I did not say Windows 7 and Windows 10 used the same kernel. In fact, I did not even make a statement at all. What I did was ask for for him elaborate on his statement because it was vague and sounded like bullshit.

3 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

B) I don't disagree with you that Windows 7 is probably more secure than Windows 10 but be careful with your facts. The article you link is about vulnerabilities fixed that year, not total vulnerabilities. It does not include outstanding vulnerabilities or vulnerabilities that haven't been fixed. It also doesn't address how long the vulnerability existed before being patched.

Why are you lying? CVE is not just for fixed vulnerabilities. It lists all publicly known vulnerabilities, no matter if they are fixed or not. I don't understand why the Windows 10 fanbase lie so much, but it is really pissing me off.

Stop defending Windows 10 by making things up.

One example of this is CVE-2016-1281.

This vulnerability was reported to the developers 2016-07-01. Since no response was given, the vulnerability went public (and got assigned a CVE number) 2016-07-17. It is quite common that people make vulnerabilities publicly known when developers ignores them (Microsoft has gotten pissed at Google's Project zero for this several times). That puts pressure on the developers to fix the issues.

And yes, it does include "outstanding vulnerabilities". It includes ALL PUBLICLY KNOWN VULNERABILITIES. NO EXCEPTIONS.

13 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Never had to before Windows 10. And again, what would you be basing such a comment off of, since you are in ignorance of what any issues have been?

Frankly, that comment only underscored that you're tech-illiterate.

then list your issues or link them maybe someone can help?

or scared?

12 minutes ago, pas008 said:

then list your issues or link them maybe someone can help?

or scared?

You're mistaking this discussion thread for a help request, and you've assumed that my issues are new and that I'm currently searching for solutions, rather than that they're long-standing, and have already had many hours of Microsoft techs working on them via remote-access of my PC.

I've discussed some of the issues I've had with Windows on these forums before, months ago. When I mentioned my experiences with Windows 10 in a manner that was relevant to the ongoing discussion, it was to discuss the topic of Windows 10's vs Windows 7's track record for working properly - and not to re-start troubleshooting those tiring issues.

I appreciate your interest in my Windows 10 problems, less your baiting, but that's not what this thread is about.

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

boot up in cmd prompt with windows repair and uninstall update?

That's not an option because Windows will just install it again on the Home version (which most users have). 

Unless you disable Windows Update completely, of course, but in that case you're running the PC with an out-of-date OS that is a real popular target in malware developing circles.

Annnnd boom, Ryzen wins my upgrade. I wasn't even gonna bother with it because I'm not going to 10. I was gonna go to Skylake when used prices came down a little for my next upgrade because of how much I despise 10, but now I can go Ryzen! Well, if the pricing is right. PLEASE AMD, you are set up for complete victory, if you get this pricing right you'll have it in the bag. Imagine, Ryzen being 60%ish of the price tag with OS freedom. Now I'm hyped again.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer