Nintendo UK publish some solid Switch info

Master Disaster
11 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

To be honest, anyone comparing a switch to a PS4 or a xbone is as half-witted as someone comparing a laptop to a desktop without taking into consideration how the laptop has a built in screen and keyboard, a battery, speakers ect.

You're technically getting 2 controllers with the switch, a built in screen, a battery, built in speakers so...even with the cheapest things off the shelves, a PS4 or a xbone will still be more expensive than a Switch.

I know this isn't exactly how it works but I'm just tryna prove my point of how you really can't compare a portable handheld to a stationary machine. 

Disagree, Nintendo are marketing the Switch as a competitor and are pushing to get library parity with PS & XB. If they wanted it to be judged as a handheld they shoulda scrapped the dock and desktop mode but they didn't so it was Nintendo's choice to enter into the same market space as XB & PS and its only right for consumers that they get compared to their closest rivals.

In all honesty I think Nintendo are beyond caring about comparisons to other consoles as they relay on gimmicks to sell underpowered hardware and have done for a while now but that doesn't mean consumers shouldn't be told that Switch will be a mighty powerful handheld but a very underpowered living room experience.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Based on user interface leaks, there is no option for running a web browser.

These are what we know:

Switch-UI-760x428.jpg

nicalis-tweet-3-720x480-c.jpg

We just see a games, at the bottom icons, they have been confirmed by Nintendo that they are: News, eShop, Album (for the screenshot button), Controllers, Settings, and Power/Sleep

Unlike the WiiU, we can see Nintendo focus was on gaming with this device, and making a light-OS. Will they expand by taking their time ensure high optimization.. possibly, but so far assume no.

Don't expect a good web browser. Although, Nintendo did a very good job with the WiiU where they were using Firefox engine, if I am not mistaken.

Hardly surprising given the Wii Us web browser was the initial entry point for hackers and is still used to run the IOSU exploit in order to gain a persistent hack.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How many games will be out on release? and how many are supposed to be coming? Nintendos biggest issue for me seems to be getting the big titles.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Disagree, Nintendo are marketing the Switch as a competitor and are pushing to get library parity with PS & XB. If they wanted it to be judged as a handheld they shoulda scrapped the dock and desktop mode but they didn't so it was Nintendo's choice to enter into the same market space as XB & PS and its only right for consumers that they get compared to their closest rivals.

I was talking about price by the way, not actual performance...

Anyway, I feel as the tegra chip is a good trade off with performance for lower TDP as the actual console is a rather small tablet where cooling and battery size is limited. As long as it capable of delivering 1080p 30fps while docked, there's no real reason to complain about it's performance.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I feel the most important question has not been answered though.

Does the Switch have RGB lighting?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Why does the battery take so long to charge? o.O It's USB-C so it should have 3amp charging, no? Or is it charging at 1.5 amp for some asinine reason?

My Pixel C which has a bigger battery charges fully in less than 2 and a half hours, and that's without even using an upgraded USB-PD compatible charger.

The most important hardware specs are still missing though... CPU/GPU clocks/process/arch/core config.

3 hours ago, Kierax said:

How many games will be out on release? and how many are supposed to be coming? Nintendos biggest issue for me seems to be getting the big titles.

It's not the numbers, it is the quality.

PS4 had 26 games, at launch, but really like 2 that you actually want to play (the mass majority were PS3 ports, if I recall correctly)

The Switch launch line up is as follows (the list may change until March, it already did since the press event)

Launch (March 3):

• 1-2-Switch
  • The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Human Resource Machine
  • I Am Setsuna
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Little Inferno
  • Skylanders: Imaginators
  • Super Bomberman R
  • World of Goo

Spring Area:

• Has-Been Heroes (March 2017)
  • Snipperclips, Cut It Out Together (March 2017)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28)
  • Arms (Spring 2017)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (Spring 2017)

Summer:

• Rime
  • Splatoon 2

Possibly late summer or later in the year (no exact date):

• Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (2017)
  • NBA 2K (2017)
  • Skyrim (Fall 2017)
  • Sonic Mania (2017)
  • Steep (2017)
  • FIFA (2017)
  • Minecraft (2017)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday 2017)
  • Ultra Street Fighter II (2017)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

Unknown release:

• Disgaea 5 Complete (TBD)
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (TBD)
  • Minecraft: Story Mode (TBD)
  • Rayman Legends (TBD)
  • New Shin Megami Tensei (TBD)
  • Syberia 3 (TBD)

On 1/28/2017 at 0:22 AM, huilun02 said:

Skype would not exist if not for the Switch. Props to Nintendo for providing the ideal voip method. One of the reasons why pay to play online is worth it. 

What? I'm sorry... What? Skype came out in 2003. It is a free service. It wouldn't exist if not for the Switch, an unreleased console? What the hell are you talking about?

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

9 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

What? I'm sorry... What? Skype came out in 2003. It is a free service. It wouldn't exist if not for the Switch, an unreleased console? What the hell are you talking about?

It was sarcasm.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

It was sarcasm.

I can't pick up sarcasm in text :/

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

On 29/01/2017 at 1:42 AM, GoodBytes said:

I haven't seen/read 1 person that talked bad about the screen of Switch. Everyone says that games look gorgeous on it and looks as good or better than the Vita.

• The 3DS has uses 240p displays -- 97 ppi
  • The Vita has a 5 inch 960x544 screen. -- 220ppi
  • WiiU has a 6.2 inch 480p screen. -- 158 ppi
  • Switch has a 6.2 inch 720p screen -- 237 ppi

I can tell you, the WiiU game pad screen looks nice. Yes you can see the pixels if you pay attention. The Switch is much higher than this, so it should be really hard to see the pixels at this level (not impossible, of course, it isn't 4K in this size or whatnot, of course).

Well the Wii U GamePad looks nice if you ignore the fact that the video signal is always compressed. It's particularly bad with fast motion and retro games with well defined edges. F-Zero in particular looks horrible on the Wii U GamePad. But even so at that size even 480p was more than fine so 720p is going to be pretty sharp. People forget that the higher resolution screens on phones are mostly there for text. Even then it's a bit overkill. If you watch even a 480p video on a <6" screen it'll look pretty "HD".

Also before the details of the Switch were announced my theory on what "NX" was going to be was a portable console. I thought it'd be sub-Wii U horsepower with a 480p screen. So I'm finding it pretty hard to complain about the tech specs of the device we're actually getting.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

On 28.1.2017 at 4:22 AM, GoodBytes said:

And... no one cared. People want XBox like experience but free. You can't have both.

Except with the Switch you don't get jack shit for subscribing to the online service.

You get a NES / SNES ROM per month to... drum roll... loan...

That's it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why is Nintendo still relevant, Mario? Zelda? the disappointment grows 

Life is easy, all you have to do is Live

37 minutes ago, Juniho said:

Why is Nintendo still relevant, Mario? Zelda? the disappointment grows 

Oh god what have you done :o this thread is about to explode. Also I see what you're saying about nintendo but what's wrong with Mario and Zelda? two of the most Iconic games ever made and pretty much my childhood.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

3 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

Oh god what have you done :o this thread is about to explode. Also I see what you're saying about nintendo but what's wrong with Mario and Zelda? two of the most Iconic games ever made and pretty much my childhood.

He prefers CoD and Battlefield.

Or maybe HuniePop.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

On 2/1/2017 at 9:45 PM, moderategamer said:

My childhood too but nostalgia can on only go so far until...you lose fans to battlefield and CoD....titanfall... not to mention far cry the list goes on, i very skeptical to see any AAA title run at 60 fps on that toy 

49 minutes ago, Juniho said:

My childhood too but nostalgia can on only go so far until...you lose fans to battlefield and CoD....titanfall... not to mention far cry the list goes on, i very skeptical to see any AAA title run at 60 fps on that toy 

I think people are underestimating the switches potential, It's actually quite powerfull sure it's not as powerfull as it's console competitors but it has some serious horsepower enough to handle some good looking games. It's certainly the most powerful handheld experiance this world has ever seen. I haven't bought a nintendo console since the Gamecube but the switch has relight the flame for me.  

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

5 hours ago, moderategamer said:

I think people are underestimating the switches potential, It's actually quite powerfull sure it's not as powerfull as it's console competitors but it has some serious horsepower enough to handle some good looking games. It's certainly the most powerful handheld experiance this world has ever seen. I haven't bought a nintendo console since the Gamecube but the switch has relight the flame for me.  

indeed a powerful handheld but  come on in 4  months or so , battery life probably gonna suck even more, i really hope the battery wear level is really good...that six hours  max might turn into 2 

2 hours ago, Juniho said:

indeed a powerful handheld but  come on in 4  months or so , battery life probably gonna suck even more, i really hope the battery wear level is really good...that six hours  max might turn into 2 

Li-ions don't degrade THAT quickly. At least as long as you aren't completely draining them every single time.

6 hours ago, Derangel said:

Li-ions don't degrade THAT quickly. At least as long as you aren't completely draining them every single time.

They used to, but that was cheapo batteries, and tech from like 2008 or something.

I am not sure if cheap laptops still use those crap batteries today, but premium devices don't. Manufactures usually put batteries that can keep up 80% of its capacity (with heavy usage daily) after 3 to 4 years. Seeing that Nintendo never put garbage batteries in the WiiU and 3DS, despite user replaceable, I am incline to think they won't start now.

12 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Seeing that Nintendo never put garbage batteries in the WiiU and 3DS, despite user replaceable, I am incline to think they won't start now.

Exactly. SP and DS Lite still lasted me about 8 hours a day until I replaced them with the mext model. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

3DS and DS has removable battery

PSP/PSP Go (remember those) had it too

Except PS Vita (they do but it's hard)

still have my psp

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Lithium batteries have crazy long recharge cycles they last forever (obviously not forever but quite a long time) without degredation They're one of the few types of batteries that can be almost fully discharged (that is of useable energy) and still be fully recharged again.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

They used to, but that was cheapo batteries, and tech from like 2008 or something.

I am not sure if cheap laptops still use those crap batteries today, but premium devices don't. Manufactures usually put batteries that can keep up 80% of its capacity (with heavy usage daily) after 3 to 4 years. Seeing that Nintendo never put garbage batteries in the WiiU and 3DS, despite user replaceable, I am incline to think they won't start now.

very well, i hope not but it may must be my bias but Nintendo seems like they came to fail...the switch it should be DS replacement nothing more

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Hey, my GBA SP after 11 years of me owning it still has a battery life that beats my Vita, my phone (while running emulators or just playing a game) and my 3DS XL...7-9 hours of battery life for a 11 year old device is nonetheless impressive :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)