This is LG's G6

No SD card expansion and replaceable battery, is no go. Well, at least they keep the headphone jack.

Anyways, it looks nice. I think I may consider getting one when I have the money to pay off my S6 early and buy the G6. Or see if it wouldn't cost any thing extra to get it in payments.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, Deli said:

No SD card expansion and replaceable battery, is no go. Well, at least they keep the headphone jack.

That's why it's good, and I like the way it looks. I can live with out SD expansion and replaceable battery. If 32GB is the standard and they have 64GB available, for me that's good enough.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

That's why it's good, and I like the way it looks. I can live with out SD expansion and replaceable battery. If 32GB is the standard and they have 64GB available, for me that's good enough.

I store a lot of craps in my phone. Songs already take up 20GB, and maps take 13GB. So it's 32GB internal, plus a 64GB micro SD card. If you get new phone every two years. Battery life might not be a big deal. However I want to keep my phone longer. I use my G4 for a little over a year. I already notice there is less juice left after a normal day of use. New battery is cheap, like $15 a piece.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

I store a lot of craps in my phone. Songs already take up 20GB, and maps take 13GB. So it's 32GB internal, plus a 64GB micro SD card. If you get new phone every two years. Battery life might not be a big deal. However I want to keep my phone longer. I use my G4 for a little over a year. I already notice there is less juice left after a normal day of use. New battery is cheap, like $15 a piece.

eh I use Google play and don't have that many songs. Under 200 I want to say. 

Eh I've had my phone since Nov 2015. It feels about the same as it did then,

Reminds me of my Sharp, but with more screen on the front.  Can't say I'm a huge fan of the feel of glass/metal.  Looks great, but proves to be a bit slippery and cold to the touch.  I'm probably in the minority here, but I loved the plastic construction of my G3.  Then again no replaceable battery/SD slot seems like a fair trade for near zero bezel and water resistance.  

Sadly the design doesn't seem to be that unique compared to the HTC, Samsung, or Apple.  

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

eh I use Google play and don't have that many songs. Under 200 I want to say. 

Eh I've had my phone since Nov 2015. It feels about the same as it did then,

Lithium battery does degrade over time. It can lose 30% capacity over 2-3 years. That's why I dislike gadgets with non-removable batteries. When the battery dies, so does the gadget.

That screen size, that aspect ratio... I'm excited to hold one in hand just to see how it compares to the 7 Plus.

The rest of it is meh, the only other thing I'm concerned about is camera performance. I'm one of three people on this planet that doesn't need expandable storage (as long as they don't do something stupid and only offer 32GB or less) and the removable battery won't bother me as long as it has fantastic battery life, comparable to the 7 Plus.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Wow, samsung is finally producing a phone with external features the iphone had years and years ago.

The headphone jack is the next trump card, which replaces the removable battery legacy xD.

LG has implemented the best headphone jack DAC combination in 2016, so its highly probable from them to pursue the audio king of the hill title once again this year, unless HTC and ZTE have something special too. Still, that phone display bezel layout seems to be the most widely commercial available and realistic (the Mi Mix had a terrible earpiece due to its screen minimization showcase of innovation, with materials and eletronics a phone isnt ready to have just yet for millions of consumers) and if they can provide superior performance, an adequate update system (LG is in fact one of the better players around, which was surprising for me at the time i was aware of it) and what one could only hope to be better speakers in general to compliment the advanced audio jack and the highly wanted water resistantance to at least IP67/68 (of course, dont expect an IP68 Lvl. 8+ or an IP69 equivalence) and definetly not the IP53/57 joke again, like for real .-.! 

Ahem, the display accuracy and technology will probably be super lame again on LG phones (not resolution, which isnt exactly being the most innovative point on phones at all), which is definetly gonna scare away many potential Samsung changers who are still waiting for a Note 7 replacement. And of course, "battery safety" should be part of the conference and also something they mentioned before so thoroughly.

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

This is true now, but the g2 and g3 were pretty successful and LG made a name for itself by keeping sd support, removable battery, and having a design that allowed for all the parts to be easily replaced.  Each time they release a new G series phone they seem to abandon another feature that made the g2/g3 so popular. I guess it's just speculation but I feel like that decent sized g2/g3 community had hopes that LG would see why the g2/g3's were popular and go back to form with the G6.

another post i pointed out the popularity of the G2 and G3 which went with not standing out features very similar to samsungs But this was also a time when batteries were not as good and some phones were comming with 8gb -16gb internal so the average customer cared a little more .  another note  The LG G2 i beilieve had an enclosed battery  the G3 did not. I Loved my Lg G3 due to the screen size with small bezels for the time  But the Contrast/ Color repoduction was the reason i switched it sooner then i thought i would.  

Can't help but think that some people have automatically declared the G6 the best phone ever based on the screen-to-bezel ratio.

Seriously, some people on tech forums act as if bezel size is the decisive factor in a phone.  It helps, but I'd rather have faster performance, a better camera and software I enjoy using than tiny bezels.  (Not that the G6 is terrible, we don't know yet -- just that I want to see the total package.)

Edit: 100th post. Small potatoes but gotta start somewhere. 

no removable battery? bit of a shame they went with what everyone else is doing now.. having a removable battery was different than what the rest of flagships had. even the phone's design looks strikingly Samsung. can't really say i blame them though. guess i'll hold onto my G3 as a backup for a while longer. in spite of the terrible display and overall battery life it's a decent phone for its time. 

9 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

Looking good! LG really needs this one to be a success so it looks like they've pulled out all the stops. Hopefully they didn't make any stupid compromises like a small battery or a bad camera. 

"stupid compromises"

No SD expansion

Non-removable battery

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

1 hour ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

another post i pointed out the popularity of the G2 and G3 which went with not standing out features very similar to samsungs But this was also a time when batteries were not as good and some phones were comming with 8gb -16gb internal so the average customer cared a little more .  another note  The LG G2 i beilieve had an enclosed battery  the G3 did not. I Loved my Lg G3 due to the screen size with small bezels for the time  But the Contrast/ Color repoduction was the reason i switched it sooner then i thought i would.  

The G2 had an enclosed battery set up so that a battery/case ordeal could be used, but the g2 could easily be opened to put a new battery in. IMO the g2 and g3 were great because of the piecewise design, with the exception of the board you can replace every piece of the phone cheaply and easily. As for the battery, no matter how well they make them now, they are still going to wear down until the battery is crap. The piecewise design is the reason I'm still using my original G3 today. Well, that and the Note 7 battery debacle. 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 hours ago, wcreek said:

ehhhh well an SD card and no screen burn in, but does a boot loop really matter that much?

.... yes it disables your phone, makes it useless. 

The design really reminds me of my G2 mixed with a S6. I don't know if it is really 90% screen to body ratio, it only looks slightly less than my G2. The G2 is about 76%.

59 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

.... yes it disables your phone, makes it useless. 

As in the logo on startup?

Because like that's fine

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

As in the logo on startup?

Because like that's fine

Boot loop means it's perpetually stuck on the boot animation meaning it's essentially a paperweight until it's fixed.

13 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

No micro sd? Water resistant? 

Sounds like its a feature to keep the phone from short circuiting from tears of the user knowing there's no micro sd slot , thinner phone too, a WIN WIN

Details separate people.