PewdiePie, #1 most subcribed youtube channel, alleges youtube is "killing his channel". Says he will delete his channel at 50 million subscribers

Kulegamez

He could also easily make this up as well. He could use this video to draw in views and then once 50 million comes around, he could easily make up and excuse on how he's changing his mind. It wouldn't be hard to do.

Current Rig (rekt)

Core i7 6950x; Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10;  Corsair Dominatior Platinum 64gb (4x16); Nvidia Gtx Titan X (Pascal) x2; Lian Li PC-08WBW;

If he does it, it won't matter. He'll get 5+ million subs in just a few days after making a new account.

Spoiler

Good, I've always found his videos both stupid and boring. Saying that, nearly 50 Million people must disagree with me as he has for some reason grown so large.

I'm still waiting for YouTube to go to die and something better appears. 

He is now over 50, and he made a statement on twitter, that tomorrow 5pm (gmt) will be the moment. :)

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

On 12/7/2016 at 11:33 AM, Litargirio said:

well he made it.  Does the channel still exist?  I don't feel like visiting him to check xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

45 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well he made it.  Does the channel still exist?  I don't feel like visiting him to check xD 

Yes, he is still there... for now? Hopefully not for long.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

7 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

Yes, he is still there... for now? Hopefully not for long.

I seriously doubt he'll do it

I hope he actually deletes his channel

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

44 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I seriously doubt he'll do it

I don't see why he won't, he has a ton of money.

Plus if he deletes his channel it's not actually gone, so if he reaches some sort of deal with youtube they can bring it back as if it never happened.

Pretty good gimmick to increase his subscriber base .... genius almost.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Good. I dislike his channel so much.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Pretty good gimmick to increase his subscriber base .... genius almost.

It'll be more damaging if he doesn't do it.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

good

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

Good riddance waiting for s "meta"  game theory about it  and  leave pewdiepie  alone

Ya'll didnt watch it did you?  xD

8 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Good riddance waiting for s "meta"  game theory about it  and  leave pewdiepie  alone

12 minutes ago, Garett1 said:

good

I build PCs as a hobby. 

13 minutes ago, Prysin said:

It just happened, he deleted his channel.

So, a YouTube video on his channel to announce that he 'is deleting his channel right now'.  If he had deleted his channel, we wouldn't see this video now.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

So, a YouTube video on his channel to announce that he 'is deleting his channel right now'.  If he had deleted his channel, we wouldn't see this video now.

He did... But his other channel that is not 50 million

25 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Thing is, he never stated he would delete PewDiePie. People, including yourself i bet, assumed he meant PewDiePie.

15 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Thing is, he never stated he would delete PewDiePie. People, including yourself i bet, assumed he meant PewDiePie.

No, I assumed it was a fake out and it would be the JackSepticEye2 channel he made.  Most news outlets also bet on that.  And he did exactly as expected.

It was a prank, bro.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.