Samsung J5 'explodes'

Belgarathian

1478529855399.jpg

Device pictured is the recalled Note 7.. 

So after the Note 7 debacle, apparently any phone that carries a highly flammable and unstable lithium ion battery that fails is a good reason to sue the offending company for delivering an unsafe product. This follows the accusation that new iPhone 7's were also exploding and catching fire. 

A Samsung phone user in France says her Galaxy J5 smartphone caught fire and exploded on Sunday. The model is different from the Galaxy Note 7 that has been recalled worldwide.

Lamya Bouyirdane told The Associated Press on Monday that she noticed the phone was very hot after she asked her four-year-old son to pass it over during a family gathering at her home.

She said she threw the phone away when she realized it had "swollen up'' and smoke was coming out.

There is no evidence that the device was well looked after, and hadn't been abused prior to it 'exploding'

Seriously, what is with people these days... 

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/86207800/user-says-a-different-samsung-phone-model-exploded

Shh, you hear that?

That's the sound of Samsung executives committing suicide.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

It would appear that the general populace now requires a warning that damage to their phones may cause their battery to become unstable and catch fire.

...Why humanity... why?!

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

Anyone could make up a story about their samsung phone exploding. at this point it almost sounds like other companies are making these stories up so that samsung shares drop and their's rise, and they gain more business.

Im not a sceptical person normally but eh... no pictures of the phone to prove it? and the fact in the article it says she plans to sue samsung, it just sounds like she wants money out of this to be honest.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Shh, you hear that?

true though

The geek himself.

Nice, the sited article was made tomorrow from where I am.  I'm reading the future.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's New Zealand. It's likely past midnight there.

I finally noticed the .nz unfortunately this was after I placed some serious bets on being able to predict the future. 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Funny thing is shares in Samsung Electronics dropped, but the entire Samsung Holdings hit a record high after the Note 7 debacle.

Funny how conglomerates work.

I still think this entire thing was a large prank and no phone ever exploded randomly. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

18 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Shh, you hear that?

Meh, pretty much every phone release will see some of them burning. The suicidal thoughts only start when it reaches double digits.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

19 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Shh, you hear that?

Suicide bombings?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Take any product with LiPo battery, bend it, drip in water and then let it sit in direct sunligth in a car. If it haven't start to emmit magic smoke by now just point at it with a magnifier glas. Done.

Now go and sue the company that made the product.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Its really getting annoying that now every single phone going up is getting huge press like this is going to be the next massive recall. Just about every phone out there has had a battery failure, its not really that statistically significant until you get massive numbers of them compared to the number of phones sold.

And this isnt even going into the actually CAUSE of the battery failure. If you ignore all the battery failures that are caused by people damaging the battery through drops or trying to fix their phones, or excessive prolonged heat, most of these articles recently are total bs.

News sources love this shit because it gets people panicky and gets them all the clicks they want. But its just another flavor of fear mongering. "IS THE PHONE IN YOUR PANTS GOING TO SPONTANEOUSLY EXPLODE!?!?!?! click here to find out."

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

43 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Bend it?   Good luck with that ...

Reveal hidden contents

3310_Li-Poly.jpg

I've got you covered: 

iphone-6-plus-bendgate.jpg?quality=98&st

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Bend it?   Good luck with that ...

Reveal hidden contents

3310_Li-Poly.jpg

not the same

%E5%BA%94%E7%94%A8%E5%9B%BE1%EF%BC%88%E9

they used to be sturdy like on that pick back when batteries were removable. Then came Apple and for some reason that way as been deemed obsolete while being the superior method  

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Devices get damaged and catch fire almost every other day. Every time one does it does NOT mean there needs to be mass hysteria.

8 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Shh, you hear that?

Did they at least leave their families a Note? 

I'm sorry, I'll see myself out. ? ?

Royal Rumble: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/N3v3r3nding_N3wb/saved/#view=NR9ycf

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." -- Adolf Hitler

"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." -- Winston Churchill

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

News just in "Batteries are explosive!"

I bet this is just within margin of error. Batteries probably explode all of the time all over the world its just we don't hear about them. The only reason why we are paying attention to this is because of the whole Note 7 issue. If people are going to report every phone that explodes we may as well just stop using all of our phones now since they can all explode.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I drove my car into a tree and it burst into flames! WTF Opel!!!1!!!11

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

so she just threw the phone away after noticing smoke and the fact that it was swollen? good idea, ruining the environment and destroying the evidence at the same time.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.