VIDEO PLANNING!

Slick
2 hours ago, Slick said:

Hallo everyone!

I want to do a fun video on bonehead benchmarking where I test/benchmark insane scenarios.. Like 5000 nukes in Fallout 4, hundreds and hundreds of TNT cubes in minecraft, the classic huge amount of explody barrels in Crysis 1 and....

Iunno

I want to do MORE CRAZY THINGS THAT BASICALLY CRASH YOUR COMPUTER.. But I'm out of ideas.. Plz halp?

What about spawning 3 million beheaded kamikazes in serious sam 3 BFE.

No Man's Sky, by starting the game.

(Also After Effects drops to 5 FPS and lowers the audio a couple octaves if you scroll up and down in the timeline with a G502. Not much of a game though...)

Seems like it would be really hard to benchmark because you would have to start the fps recorder virtually immediately as soon as the explosion/event starts (unless you just did a screen recording and didn't graph the results i.e digital foundry and put them side by side) and most games just hang so all the results would be between 0-3 fps. I suggest things like Skyrim and GTAV with tons of mods where you can get a measurable difference but not have it completely crash unless the whole purpose is how far a game can go until it crashes and fps wont be a unit of measurement. 

Take a GPU intensive game that scrolls through your items/weapons using the scroll wheel 

Get a g502 and unclick the scroll wheel

??? 

Profit. 

If my memory serves me correctly, this caused my FPS to chug in Witcher 3 with my 780. Add some mods too ;)

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Minecraft

Triple 4k

Sonic Ether's Unbelievable shaders

go into shaders and max out its settings

max game settings

set off some TnT (like 10 Million Blocks in World Editor should be fine)

grab the M6000 or a Single titan XP because minecraft doesn't support sli

just expect less than 10 fps

at 1080p, just the shader (no maxed setting anywhere) is enough to bring down my GTX 980 and i5 4590 to 55 FPS. 

maxed out shaders equals 12 FPS (twice as cinematic)

so the titan XP is twice as powerful as the GTX 980 (Source: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Titan-X-Pascal-vs-Nvidia-GTX-980/m158352vs2576)

so at 1080P the TItan XP can probably get 25 FPS 

at 4k, 6.25 fps

at triple 4k,  ~2 fps

then light off some tnt and watch your PC catch fire.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Open an IE window with so many junkie toolbars and searchbars that the actual window is smaller than the toolbars.

It might take you so long to load these things that you might need to make a timelapse...

compare the performance between different skyrim ENB

tetrachromatic enb + 4k textures run at less than 20fps on my gtx 970

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

3 hours ago, Slick said:

Hallo everyone!

I want to do a fun video on bonehead benchmarking where I test/benchmark insane scenarios.. Like 5000 nukes in Fallout 4, hundreds and hundreds of TNT cubes in minecraft, the classic huge amount of explody barrels in Crysis 1 and....

Iunno

I want to do MORE CRAZY THINGS THAT BASICALLY CRASH YOUR COMPUTER.. But I'm out of ideas.. Plz halp?

it wont crash your pc, but benchmark minecraft with 4 titan xp in sli and a xeon e5-2699 v4

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Hundreds of TNT isn't enough... MAKE IT THOUSANDS.

I can do that on my Minecraft server if you wish :P 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It has been a while but i once tried to pressurize a 210m diameter sphere in space engineer on my old dump pc (why i upgraded most of its components) so if you would put 100 oxygen generator in a 1000x1000x1000 cube maybe it would have a hard time. Or just pressurise the void of space itself.

How many times can you load the following video before the computer crashes.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

9 hours ago, Slick said:

Hallo everyone!

Iunno

Open Internet Explorer and try to search anything 

Run The Elder Scrolls Oblivion (Old Ass Game, certainly) and spawn in an insane amount of cabbage, then try walking through it and see how long it takes to get from one end of an area to the other

CodeMaster (Name Due for Update):

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.6GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: 24GBs Crucial DDR3-1600

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC | Case: Fractal Design Define S | PSU: Corsair AX860i

This one is a bit ridiculous, but load up Batman Arkham Knight at 4K, crank the graphical settings and then turn on all of the PhysX enabled features (specifically smoke effects).

Then get in the Batmobile and do donuts, recording the FPS over time. It'd take an ungodly computer to make that run at a tolerable pace.

CodeMaster (Name Due for Update):

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.6GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: 24GBs Crucial DDR3-1600

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC | Case: Fractal Design Define S | PSU: Corsair AX860i

18 hours ago, afklinus said:

What about spawning 3 million beheaded kamikazes in serious sam 3 BFE.

THIS!!!! But you would have to make Sam invincible, because he wouldn't last a second... or would he? o.O

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

Lots of TNT to drop buildings in 7 days to die is a good way to bring things to a halt.

RTS games like Supreme Commander Forged Alliance with 8 players and more than 1000 units each... 

Load up space engineers, go to a planet, get within gravity, spawn 50,000+ block ships so they fall and crash on the surface. (Don't believe me? Try it.)

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

On 9/20/2016 at 3:02 PM, uf0s8mycat said:

Play any Blizzard game at launch.

#brutal #savage #rekt #shotsfired #420blazeit

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

37 minutes ago, Rune said:

Run the latest batman game pre-patch.

See my post above.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Use DSR to run Crysis 3 at 8K super sampled

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Put as much RAM as you can into a RAM drive and see at what point Windows becomes unstable?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers