PSU Tier List [OLD]

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

This is a legacy list. It is no longer being updated.

The new PSU Tier List can be found here:

20 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

But why

apparently the B3 sounded like a better idea :/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

22 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

But why

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

apparently the B3 sounded like a better idea :/

The only ones you can still get are the 750 and 850w units, overkill for most builds, and any build using that much power probably wants gold efficiency

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

The only ones you can still get are the 750 and 850w units, overkill for most builds, and any build using that much power probably wants gold efficiency

they only ever had 750w and 850w B2s IIRC, they didn't make any lower-wattage ones.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

They never made B2s of less than 750W.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

They never made B2s of less than 750W.

I swear I've seen B2's under 750w, but now I cant find them. Did I just imagine them?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I swear I've seen B2's under 750w, but now I cant find them. Did I just imagine them?

Maybe BQs?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

23 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yes.  You imagined them.

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yes.  You imagined them.

This is EVGA's naming scheme; you can be forgiven for doing that :P

39 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yes.  You imagined them.

35 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

This is EVGA's naming scheme; you can be forgiven for doing that :P

Thank you. I'm now going to spend the rest of the day in this position

Image result for drinking realization meme

Hey guys, has anyone have reviews or even heard of Aigo power supplies? A lot of my local PC part shops and builders have been recommending them for newer builds. Theyre damn cheap, like around 50USD for 600W, 80+ Bronze and fully modular cheap. And I double checked here https://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSuppliesDetail.aspx?id=1385&type=2 for the certification so I think theyre okay? Just wanted to know more info before I actually get one, need a power supply for a new build I'm making for the holidays.

51 minutes ago, TalonLock said:

Hey guys, has anyone have reviews or even heard of Aigo power supplies? A lot of my local PC part shops and builders have been recommending them for newer builds. Theyre damn cheap, like around 50USD for 600W, 80+ Bronze and fully modular cheap. And I double checked here https://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSuppliesDetail.aspx?id=1385&type=2 for the certification so I think theyre okay? Just wanted to know more info before I actually get one, need a power supply for a new build I'm making for the holidays.

No power supply can be recommended if it hasn't been reviewed. Are there any professional tests of the Aigo PSUs these people recommend, that check voltage regulation, load regulation, ripple and noise, protections and build quality (and many more things)? If not, then these people's recommendations are completely blind guesses, with no way to know if the particular Aigo unit will work fine, or damage other components, or explode itself.

80+ certification doesn't certify whether a PSU provides clean power or not, or if it's built well or badly. It only checks efficiency, which isn't tied to any important factor how a PSU works.

59 minutes ago, TalonLock said:

Never heard of them. A basic rule of thumb is that if it's from an unknown brand, it should be avoided. It's also worth noting that the efficiency rating says absolutely nothing about the quality of a unit as a whole...

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 hour ago, TalonLock said:

Hey guys, has anyone have reviews or even heard of Aigo power supplies? A lot of my local PC part shops and builders have been recommending them for newer builds. Theyre damn cheap, like around 50USD for 600W, 80+ Bronze and fully modular cheap.

If something is too good to be true that's because it is.

If something is cheaper than normal named brands stuff, thats because there are some major differences!

For PSU the rule is that everybody has the same components for about the same prices to choose from. So to make something cheaper you either have to do the Safety Tests at a lower ambient Temperature like 25°C instead of 40°C or 50°C or go for lower quality components or overrate it...

So without tests, you better avoid it...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=533

I'm thinking a 2 here, +12V was ok but not amazing and Ripple was good but not better than competitors... 

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

On 10/22/2017 at 9:55 PM, TalonLock said:

Hey guys, has anyone have reviews or even heard of Aigo power supplies? A lot of my local PC part shops and builders have been recommending them for newer builds. Theyre damn cheap, like around 50USD for 600W, 80+ Bronze and fully modular cheap

I just about want to ask this question BTW

an unknown brand

It's quite popular here. China brand BTW

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

15 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

It's quite popular here. China brand BTW

That's not exactly reassuring...

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

12 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

That's not exactly reassuring...

That isn't the opposite of reassuring either though,

If a brand only sells their product in one market, why would they send their product to a reviewer in another market?

29 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

That isn't the opposite of reassuring either though,

If a brand only sells their product in one market, why would they send their product to a reviewer in another market?

For marketing purposes?

For instance, Corsair sent Jeremy /OklahomaWolf a Corsair Vengeance unit for a review.. which is a PSU exclusively sold in the German market. Now, unless his name is completely misleading, I'm pretty sure that he's not based in Germany.

I know, I know, don't buy by brand... but Chinese-branded PSUs don't exactly scream "quality" to me... unless there is a Chinese company that's the equivalent to Delta which I have been completely unaware of...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

For marketing purposes?

For instance, Corsair sent Jeremy /OklahomaWolf a Corsair Vengeance unit for a review.. which is a PSU exclusively sold in the German market. Now, unless his name is completely misleading, I'm pretty sure that he's not based in Germany.

I know, I know, don't buy by brand... but Chinese-branded PSUs don't exactly scream "quality" to me... unless there is a Chinese company that's the equivalent to Delta which I have been completely unaware of...

Vengeance is available in more than just Germany despite Corsair saying it's a Germany only unit.

Also, Great Wall is pretty good (Not Delta level ofc) and they are Chinese.

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Not to mention Segotep, another popular Chinese brand. Most of their PSUs seems good from what I saw from Jonnyguru forum

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 hours ago, awesomegamer919 said:

Vengeance is available in more than just Germany despite Corsair saying it's a Germany only unit.

Also, Great Wall is pretty good (Not Delta level ofc) and they are Chinese.

Ah yes, Great Wall. How could I have completely forgotten about them? But other than them, I don't recall any other manufacturer that makes decent units and are also based in China (aside from a couple like Sama). All the other "well-known and half-decent" Asia-based OEMs (Andyson, ATNG, CWT, Super Flower, Seventeam, AcBel, Lite-On, Enhance, Delta, Seasonic, HEC, Chicony/Hipro, Fortron, Sirtec/Sirfa... etc.) all seem to be based in Taiwan.

4 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Not to mention Segotep, another popular Chinese brand. Most of their PSUs seems good from what I saw from Jonnyguru forum

Okay, you got me there. From what I read, Segotep's units are made by CWT (no explanation needed) and Fortech, which I recall made some decent Enermax units. So it's no wonder that their units seem to be alright (I actually haven't looked into them).

Spoiler

Are tier 3 psus ok?

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up

Just now, BodiXDDD said:

Are tier 3 psus ok?

Im looking at the sfx 700

2 minutes ago, BodiXDDD said:

Are tier 3 psus ok?

yes they are

BTW, please don't quote the original post (it's long and makes it hard for those on mobile to scroll) ... I edited your reply to remove it.

Also there's a EDIT button, no need to quote yourself either ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !