KFC animal abuse

Frode

i just saw this video about kfc. Iàm not going back there again after i watched this. It`s a video created from the inside off a chicken factory that kfc works with. PETA did the discovery.

What is your opinion on this?

2 hours ago, Frode said:

i just saw this video about kfc. Iàm not going back there again after i watched this. It`s a video created from the inside off a chicken factory that kfc works with. PETA did the discovery.

its from 2010, a lot of fast food companies have changed since then

heck the stuff on your super market shelves could be sourced this way, its impossible to tell

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

6 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

its from 2010, a lot of fast food companies have changed since then

heck the stuff on your super market shelves could be sourced this way, its impossible to tell

I believe this is correct.

I remember KFC coming under heat for dealing with companies that abuse animals, but that was a while ago.  I think its pretty much the same with all fast food chains and Big Ags though, not just KFC.

I have cut down on fast foods all around in general due to this.

Buying local or from a farm you can visit may have a smaller likelihood of this kind of stuff happening.

1 minute ago, xentropa said:

SNIP

I mean most modern fast food places are "relatively" good for you compared to like 10 years ago and have been forced to procure produce ethically

im sure it isnt all of them, but im sure its better than it was before, so many more regulations these days

fast food is shit anyway

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

PETA's not always they best place to get stuff like this from. They usually over exaturate and show to worst of the worst. I work in a butcher shop and as far as I know, this isn't the usual way here in Canada

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

PETA's not always they best place to get stuff like this from. They usually over exaturate and show to worst of the worst. I work in a butcher shop and as far as I know, this isn't the usual way here in Canada

really peta is the worst organization in the world. they don't do shit and they just get their point out by any means necessary and it's so annoying when they try to shove shit down my throat.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

21 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Delicious, delicious murder.

tumblr_mj4bdv8Lg41rhpchho1_500.jpg

:D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

really peta is the worst organization in the world. they don't do shit and they just get their point out by any means necessary and it's so annoying when they try to shove shit down my throat.

PETA is such a stupid organization. I gotta agree in every way. Did you see the billboard with the guy who got his arm eaten off while hunting sharks? PETA made a billboard condemning him and the billboard was near the guys house. They are extremely rude of an organization and they twist stories and people's minds

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

PETA is such a stupid organization. I gotta agree in every way. Did you see the billboard with the guy who got his arm eaten off while hunting sharks? PETA made a billboard condemning him and the billboard was near the guys house. They are extremely rude of an organization and they twist stories and people's minds

no way, they would do such fucked up shit like that? oh my god i hate peta even more now. that is absolutely dumb.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, Frode said:

My opinion is that PETA are lying, opportunistic scum that would stop at nothing to push their agenda: Nothing they ever say has any intrinsic value for me unless somebody else (Preferably a non vegan) independently confirms their reports.

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

no way, they would do such fucked up shit like that? oh my god i hate peta even more now. that is absolutely dumb.

Here it is: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/petas-shark-attack-ad_n_987791.html It was his leg not his arm

Spoiler

AXIOM

7 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

honestly they can shove a stick up their ass. GOING VEGAN IS NEVER THE SOLUTION TO THESE KINDS OF FUCKING PROBLEMS. god peta is so annoying.

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

:D 

The one I like the most is the tumblr post about animal death dates. That would be the most useful thing ever for purchasing meat.

it's weird we can be on two places at the same time on stuff like these,  killing is in a way a grounded pinnacle of abuse regardless how you do it , the intention to kill was there in the first place, difference is the time we take to do it,  the quicker form means you can use it as an excuse it suffered less but killed it anyways (just imagine bombing people & saying it was just war & they died quickly & saying they were going to die anyways ,but made it quick ,so it doesn't matter), ps not emotionally draining out excuse like an animal activist , but logically this doesn't change shit in the end!

except just make a lotta useless noise..

Details separate people.

Meh, no big deal. I knew this years ago and besides, a lot of fast food companies have changed since even as late as 2010-2014 and later.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 hour ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

it's weird we can be on two places at the same time on stuff like these,  killing is in a way a grounded pinnacle of abuse regardless how you do it , the intention to kill was there in the first place, difference is the time we take to do it,  the quicker form means you can use it as an excuse it suffered less but killed it anyways (just imagine bombing people & saying it was just war & they died quickly & saying they were going to die anyways ,but made it quick ,so it doesn't matter), ps not emotionally draining out excuse like an animal activist , but logically this doesn't change shit in the end!

except just make a lotta useless noise..

WAT?

Seriously there is a distinct and very real difference between murder and torture. Just because murder can follow torture doesn't means they're alike at all. By your logic you'd be ok with dying in your sleep peacefully without even realizing or waking up vs being burned to death or drowning. Nope, ask any burn victim they'll tell you how you die is incredibly significant.

-------

Current Rig

-------

PETA is a propaganda machine. 

Look for other sources of research rather then taking their stuff as fact blindly. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

8 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

WAT?

Seriously there is a distinct and very real difference between murder and torture. Just because murder can follow torture doesn't means they're alike at all. By your logic you'd be ok with dying in your sleep peacefully without even realizing or waking up vs being burned to death or drowning. Nope, ask any burn victim they'll tell you how you die is incredibly significant.

yup, not saying the torture part is good at all , but the burn victim wouldn't be alive "in this case" at the end for  after the torture, because intention is to kill at the end of it in likeness killing animal for solely food , again , this is a really seriously harsh thing to say & i do apologize , but the method to madness & the tools we use to justify the kill , which still can be pretty daunting in a different perspective, people kill for emotional retribution & not necessity to survive & feed mostly & priorities skew our views on what is "fair" will be based on some form of bias & our comfort zone , it's too deep & clouded to be solidly say this is perfectly right compared to the other

Details separate people.

If peta is wrong why have methods been changing?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well I've always thought that KFC is absolutely disgusting food, so I wouldn't eat there even if it was the most ethical company on the planet. Having said that quite frankly I don't give a shit if animals raised for food are treated poorly. It doesn't affect me at all and they are bred into existence solely for the purpose of feeding us, so I'm not too concerned with whether my chicken burger was emotionally stable in life.

Although I would keep an eye on employees who get a kick out of playing games with the chickens, they might be dangerous to people.

On 6/23/2016 at 2:15 PM, Frode said:

Holy shit is this for real?! I had to Google it just to make sure and yep, it is on KFC's official website... KFC is finally available in Sweden! 

Apparently they opened a restaurant in Sweden at the end of 2015. Now I can finally try it out. I have to thank OP for not only bringing this to my attention, but also making sure that there will be more than enough chicken left for me to eat. 

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Holy shit is this for real?! I had to Google it just to make sure and yep, it is on KFC's official website... KFC is finally available in Sweden! 

Apparently they opened a restaurant in Sweden at the end of 2015. Now I can finally try it out. I have to thank OP for not only bringing this to my attention, but also making sure that there will be more than enough chicken left for me to eat. 

Dude it's just fried chicken....you were really not missing much.

-------

Current Rig

-------