Comcast Buys Out Dreamworks For $3.8 Billion (USD)

MDPS

Hopefully this is sort of on topic as "tech" news as it is animation and thus computer related. Let me know if it isn't mods.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/28/media/comcast-dreamworks-nbcuniversal/index.html

So we're all in a love/hate relationship with Comcast right? Well guess what; now they own one of our favorite animation studio. For the steep price of $3.8 billion (about $41/share) Comcast now has a new opportunity to show off their "unique" customer service and "exceptional" marketing skills with Dreamworks' TMs and such.

Comcast said DreamWorks "will become part of the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, which includes Universal Pictures, Fandango, and NBCUniversal Brand Development."

NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke said "DreamWorks will help us grow our film, television, theme parks and consumer products businesses for years to come."

His mentions of the theme parks and products was important. While DreamWorks is best known for movies like "Shrek" and "Kung Fu Panda," much of the studio's value to Comcast is in the so-called long tail of amusement park integrations, merchandise, and other synergistic deals.

What are your thoughts on this? Sure Comcast has been in the animation, film, and theme park game for a while now, but with titles like Shrek and Kung Fu Panda now? I personally hope they keep with the same styles and theme of when Dreamworks was independant.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

RIP

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

15 minutes ago, Energycore said:

RIP

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

RIP In pepperoni in pizza in pasta in peace.

Shrek will be missed 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, awesomeness10120 said:

Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Will always remember the smash mouth song in that movie

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

58 minutes ago, Energycore said:

RIP

43 minutes ago, Swndlr said:

28 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

RIP In pepperoni in pizza in pasta in peace.

Shrek will be missed 

RIP

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Comcast owns Universal as well right?

Details separate people.

3 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Comcast owns Universal as well right?

Yes

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Well shit 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

12 hours ago, MDPS said:

Hopefully this is sort of on topic as "tech" news as it is animation and thus computer related. Let me know if it isn't mods.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/28/media/comcast-dreamworks-nbcuniversal/index.html

So we're all in a love/hate relationship with Comcast right? Well guess what; now they own one of our favorite animation studio. For the steep price of $3.8 billion (about $41/share) Comcast now has a new opportunity to show off their "unique" customer service and "exceptional" marketing skills with Dreamworks' TMs and such.

What are your thoughts on this? Sure Comcast has been in the animation, film, and theme park game for a while now, but with titles like Shrek and Kung Fu Panda now? I personally hope they keep with the same styles and theme of when Dreamworks was independant.

Just either make Kung Fu Panda 3 amazing and I´ll be fine.

Great, now I'll get annoying phone calls wanting me to upgrade my plan and asking if I've seen the latest Kung Fu Panda movie. "Kung Fu Panda 4: Po Upgrades His Cable Plan"

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

6 hours ago, HrutkayMods said:

Great, now I'll get annoying phone calls wanting me to upgrade my plan and asking if I've seen the latest Kung Fu Panda movie. "Kung Fu Panda 4: Po Upgrades His Cable Plan"

lmfao Could you imagine!? xD

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Not too worried, Dreamworks has been bought and sold a few times and have still been able to release some great films along the way.

On a side note, I was looking through Dreamworks' filmography when I saw Ready Player One as an upcoming film for them.

I'm not too confident on that making the transition into film.

I'd really like it to turn out well but I'm not going to get too optimistic.

"Love/hate"?

My relationship with Comcast is better described as "I had no other choice"

While I have no experience with Comcast, I'm not in the US, I've yet to hear a single positive note. So long as they leave DreamWorks alone and allow the total freedom, I don't care. If DreamWorks goes the way of Maxis, I'll be very upset indeed...

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti