Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Sigh, it was a MassDrop balls up...

Back to deciding what Keyboard I want I guess.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I'm getting rid of my CM trigger (Green switch)

I just couldn't stand full size keyboard right now except in the office, mini is around USD105ish in my country

pre-ordered the dark grey already, getting one as well bro?

I might get rid of my ducky yellow (white switch) too, having that much keyboard is somehow pointless for me right now

6 keyboards and I have a Lightsaver coming too... while I only use one at home, and one in the office

Edit: holy crap just realize I have another G80 coming... cant resist the bargain at taobao 

I need help...

I will probably end up getting a Ducky mini also. 

I'm trying to find a beige US ANSI G80.   All I can seem to find are the black ones.

some say blue is not great for gaming.... but i like blue soo much.. even when iam lazzy i just unplung the PC keyboard (witch is a ducky shine 3 blue switch ) and plug it on the laptop as an external keyboard.

My first mechanical was the rebranded Poker II Ducky Mini, one of my best purchase so far.

You'll have to get used to it, at least I did, I did go straight from a rubberdome G15 to a mechanical Ducky Mini though :P

I was considering getting a Poker II or Race II, but then the Ducky Mini teaser came and I just knew I wanted the Mini instead xD

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

It looks like Ducky pushes out another new keyboard. Not exactly what I'll call a looker, the dials looks interesting though.

1655677_653729424702155_3322476723105250

I was considering getting a Poker II or Race II, but then the Ducky Mini teaser came and I just knew I wanted the Mini instead xD

I'm not really into the KBT Race II, it just looks confusing with all the buttons.

When I was looking for my first mechanical, I was so close to get a Poker II but then the Ducky Mini showed up. What I really like about it is that it can be subtle and flashy at the same time, especially after I've added some blank white PBT keycaps. :D

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

e4WO4mLl.jpg

wP0Vi9Yl.jpg

Just got my TEX aluminum case in. Not sure I want to do much else with this board, except maybe find a new esc key.

Don't think I saw this posted, a GeekHack Thread on the Ducky mini after they got a sample. ( New model with the Alu )

This just makes me want to get the Mini even more now!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

It looks like Ducky pushes out another new keyboard. Not exactly what I'll call a looker, the dials looks interesting though.

1655677_653729424702155_3322476723105250

I'm not really into the KBT Race II, it just looks confusing with all the buttons.

When I was looking for my first mechanical, I was so close to get a Poker II but then the Ducky Mini showed up. What I really like about it is that it can be subtle and flashy at the same time, especially after I've added some blank white PBT keycaps. :D

Ducky released another picture on their facebook page, apparently the "Shine 4" has a bottom that seems like what this ^ keyboard has

Ducky released another picture on their facebook page, apparently the "Shine 4" has a bottom that seems like what this ^ keyboard has

They have the same feet and angels around the edges. I'd be surprised if these two pictures aren't of the same keyboard.

From what I've seen so far I don't like this new "Shine 4" overall. I do like the big logo on the bottom and I'm interested to see those big knobs. It just doesn't look like a Shine in my opinion.

It is worth to notice though, that they have changed the post on their Facebook page from "Ducky Shine 4 bottom view" to "new Ducky Keyboard bottom view"

Source.

10298555_654300547978376_322785489293645

Yeah, I was entirely uninterested in the Mini before, I was just going to go Poker II or FC660M.

If that last comment gets answered about the possibility of clears, I'll make my choice I think.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Yeah, I was entirely uninterested in the Mini before, I was just going to go Poker II or FC660M.

If that last comment gets answered about the possibility of clears, I'll make my choice I think.

If I'm buying the Mini I need to try Blues/Greens/Clears. Something else than browns and blacks.

If I'm buying the Mini I need to try Blues/Greens/Clears. Something else than browns and blacks.

I wanted to try clears, So I grabbed a single switch of ebay, seemed the cheapest way to do it. Was like £1 shipped.

Do you have a link for that seller or did you have luck in finding a single cheap one?

Here is the guy I used. 

I ordered on Friday, so it only shipped Yesterday due to the bank holidays and what not, so is arriving tomorrow / Friday.

EDIT: I basically just searched for Cherry MX Clear and lucked out that he had decent shipping from spares. Seems the cheapest way to get them outside of a switch tester.

This is the first time i am going to buy a mechanical keyboard - i might choose the CM Storm Quickfire TK with brown switches, since it's good for both gaming and typing, and i prefer the white LEDs.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

This is the first time I am going to buy a mechanical keyboard - i might choose the CM Storm Quickfire TK with brown switches, since it's good for both gaming and typing, and i prefer the white LEDs.

Have you tried any of the switches before?

When I was looking for a mechanical keyboard I bought a sample test kit from WASD to see what switch I preferred. Before I bought it I was pretty certain that my first mechanical keyboard would be with blues. After a week with the sample kit I had changed my mind to getting browns instead.

My point is, you can't really tell what switch is the better option for you before you've tried it. So if this is your first mechanical keyboard, I'd recommend you to get a sample kit of some sort and test out the different switches.

Have you tried any of the switches before?

When I was looking for a mechanical keyboard I bought a sample test kit from WASD to see what switch I preferred. Before I bought it I was pretty certain that my first mechanical keyboard would be with blues. After a week with the sample kit I had changed my mind to getting browns instead.

My point is, you can't really tell what switch is the better option for you before you've tried it. So if this is your first mechanical keyboard, I'd recommend you to get a sample kit of some sort and test out the different switches.

Yes i have tried cherry mx blues, reds and browns, on exposed keyboards on a local shop, and i have tried browns before on a friends house - The brown switches are more confortable to me. Thanks for the warning anyway :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

As of today, CM Storm Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Browns. Absolutely loving it.

Yes i have tried cherry mx blues, reds and browns, on exposed keyboards on a local shop, and i have tried browns before on a friends house - The brown switches are more confortable to me. Thanks for the warning anyway :)

Just today I got my CM Storm Quickfire TK with browns. Absolutely love it. I would definitely recommend it over Blues (too noisy)

Got the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid with Cherry MX Blue switches. Love it!

Just came :) its a Dolch pcb (blue switches) with the keyset in a G81 white case

-snip-

A bit disappointed with the keycaps condition it camewith

Very interesting layout. Does moving the home/end cluster above the numpad change the dimensions of the board much?

Very interesting layout. Does moving the home/end cluster above the numpad change the dimensions of the board much?

If you compare it with a TKL or a full size keyboard, yes it's different

but I love the layout, a keyboard with full size button with smaller dimension :)