Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Mionix have a ambitious version.

I'm assuming you mean ambidextrous :P I'm a leftie but play games 'right handed' as it were (I've got used to it, and even when I held the mouse in my left hand I had the buttons the normal way round rather than reversing the left and right click). In fact, I play sports right-handed. I've stopped using the mouse in my left hand and unless you don't care too much about ergonomics or need a mouse that has to be used by both left- and right-handed people, I don't see why companies make mice ambidextrous rather than just make a good left-handed mouse. Heck, why not offer a left-handed version of your most popular one? All you have to do is mirror the entire thing.

I'm not sure, but I think Razer actually made a left-handed version of one of their mice that was actually a leftie on and not an ambidextrous one.

I'm not sure, but I think Razer actually made a left-handed version of one of their mice that was actually a leftie on and not an ambidextrous one.

Yep, there's a leftie version of the Naga.

They have those on Elite Keyboards. Tell me what you think because a lot of those features seemed to be puled form the WASD v2.

Yup, $129 shipped from Elite Keyboards. Thinking I'll try to do a proper first impressions/review on this board since a lot of people are wondering about it.

Yup, $129 shipped from Elite Keyboards. Thinking I'll try to do a proper first impressions/review on this board since a lot of people are wondering about it.

I need to do a proper full review of the WASD v2 that I've had for nearly a year now. I really wish I had more time.

But how do blue backlights or green backlights pair with these backlight LED modifiers? I really need to know before I order something :|

But how do blue backlights or green backlights pair with these backlight LED modifiers? I really need to know before I order something :|

I tried it with my very bright red leds. and they don't work! I assume it would be the same with other colors!

LED Modifiers are not worth it for LEDs that aren't white. Just wont work, cept for the colours very similar to the original LEDs.

White works with them all with the only downside of being blocked a bit so being dimmer than a non-covered LED.

Blue with them for ideas.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

LED Modifiers are not worth it for LEDs that aren't white. Just wont work, cept for the colours very similar to the original LEDs.

White works with them all with the only downside of being blocked a bit so being dimmer than a non-covered LED.

Blue with them for ideas.

A whole new range of colours, kind of like the "orange" one  :)

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I been looking at this also. From what I have read from the few people I've seen have one they are really nice.

I personally prefer the WASD v2 which competes with it feature set wise.

Well, since white light contains all colours, and coloured lights work by only emitting the light in that part of the spectrum, a filter of a different colour will block that light, and since there isn't any other light for it to let through then it doesn't work.

Edit: though filters are semi-transparent so some light may get through, and blue LEDs contain more than just 'blue' blue.

Im really thinking about selling some of boards to get some cash for PC parts. Think anyone one here would want them?

Which boards would you be selling?

A like new filco with yellow badge, a couple year old leopold in great condition, a filco with a modded plate and cherry stabs, and a Roccat Ryos MK Pro with maybe a month or so of use. I have more stuff but id like to see how this stuff does first as I have it ready-ish.

I just bought this, does this mean I get to join? I got it in Browns and it has a white back light. :)

Nice ive been partial to that layout for a long time.

WASDALTTKLDefaultLayer1TEMP3.png

WASDALTTKLFnLayer1TEMP3.png

I am still getting used to the number pad being so close to the rest of the keyboard, but it seems really nice so far. Membrane is a thing of my past now.

give it a week or two and youll likely never want anything else ;)

give it a week or two and youll likely never want anything else ;)

I don't know I prefer to have up down left right. Even with a FN key to accomplish the functions of the directional pad it feels funny at least with the 2nd layout which is similar to the ducky mini. What I'd like is the first layout you listed but instead have a numlock key where when you press it the right side buttons work as a normal 10 key would kind of like the shift+number functions do. I get that TKL keyboards are normally more ergonomic but when I'm taking phone calls for the security company I work for not having use of that ten key is killer. I don't type fast enough with the normal 1-= key to compare. Different strokes for different folks though I guess.

I don't know I prefer to have up down left right. Even with a FN key to accomplish the functions of the directional pad it feels funny at least with the 2nd layout which is similar to the ducky mini. What I'd like is the first layout you listed but instead have a numlock key where when you press it the right side buttons work as a normal 10 key would kind of like the shift+number functions do. I get that TKL keyboards are normally more ergonomic but when I'm taking phone calls for the security company I work for not having use of that ten key is killer. I don't type fast enough with the normal 1-= key to compare. Different strokes for different folks though I guess.

The CM Storm TK has both things standard with basically just a mode switch, very lose to the layout I designed above.

The CM Storm TK has both things standard with basically just a mode switch, very lose to the layout I designed above.

I gotcha. If a keyboard can implement the up down left right and num pad in a way that shortens the keyboard length through a mode switch that sounds a lot less cumbersome. TKL just is above my head I guess.

I gotcha. If a keyboard can implement the up down left right and num pad in a way that shortens the keyboard length through a mode switch that sounds a lot less cumbersome. TKL just is above my head I guess.

Thats what the CM Storm TK is essentially http://goo.gl/9WSb1z

That is how TKL should be done imo.

Then its a TK not TKL

TKL = Ten Key Less

TK = Ten Key (cause it has one but is smaller)