Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Just got me a Corsair K65, beautiful thing, very nice to type on, fits amazingly on my desk.

One thing that bothers me is it's kind'a noisy compared to my previous microsoft bluetooth keyboard which was completely silent, so I'm ordering some O-rings from WASD-keyboards, hope they'll tone it down a bit. also got me some red "wasd" keycaps just for fun :)

Another thought that passed my mind, if someone is looking for reviews on this particular keyboard (or any 10-keyless for that matter) is that it does take a bit of time to get used to the size of it when typing. gaming is a whole different thing though..

And I just realized I'm kind'a missing the numpad enter key.. 

Love me some Corsair merch tough :D

IMG_20140606_154609_zps0c03e62e.jpg

IMG_20140606_154332_zps823dbfec.jpg

IMG_20140606_154316_zps4b4b0463.jpg

i was going to get this but i got the ducky instead.It looks great.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

Modded my G710+ with the LED keycap covers :)

The brightness is set to max and it does dim it quite a bit (the blue is especially dim). You can use the F keys as a comparison. Also had the O-rings removed. ;D

post-766-0-68192600-1402206736_thumb.jpg

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Reds and blacks can be silent as well, it does takes some training not to bottom out, which is what you're used to from a rubberdome keyboard.

Still makes a noise when it springs back up. 

I have a Corsair K70. It came with red backlighting, which was a surprise. I thought they'd be blue. I even got one in a UK layout even though I live in Belgium (which uses French layout) because the nitwits over here only sell them with Cherry MX reds thinking one switch fits all. So I have the UK one with MX Blues. In black, red backlight, palmrest attached and not using the red textured wasd-123456 keys Lovely thing to type on.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I have a Corsair K70. It came with red backlighting, which was a surprise. I thought they'd be blue. I even got one in a UK layout even though I live in Belgium (which uses French layout) because the nitwits over here only sell them with Cherry MX reds thinking one switch fits all. So I have the UK one with MX Blues. In black, red backlight, palmrest attached and not using the red textured wasd-123456 keys Lovely thing to type on.

they seemed to have stopped the blue backlit ones and just sell their new red backlit ones for the other switches. Apparently it might be to do with a high failure rate on blue LEDs (though that makes little sense if they're making RGB switches)

they seemed to have stopped the blue backlit ones and just sell their new red backlit ones for the other switches. Apparently it might be to do with a high failure rate on blue LEDs (though that makes little sense if they're making RGB switches)

Well, if that was the reason, I'm okay with it. Would have preferred white, but that doesn't exist. The RGB ones are surface-mounted and underneath the switch with a clear housing. Allegedly, that helps.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

-clip-

I want a bro  :(

Very nice keyboard. Love the color coordination. Is that a blue snake design cable from mimic-cables?

My precious... and my daily driver

Dailydriver_zpsa7ebd58f.jpg

where did you get the number pad?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

How's that wrist rest working out for ya?

It's the best out there IMO

I live in a hot and humid climate, and this rest keeps my palm cool

not like the other leather rest

where did you get the number pad?

Got it off the keyboard market on GH

it's a KMAC PAD :)

Modded my G710+ with the LED keycap covers :)

The brightness is set to max and it does dim it quite a bit (the blue is especially dim). You can use the F keys as a comparison. Also had the O-rings removed. ;D

It gets abit noisy removing the O-rings right? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Only if you bottom out, otherwise it's no louder than reds or blacks

Got new Ducky sideprinted PBT keycaps today

KWrvWF8.jpg

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Yeah it does get a bit noiser with O-rings removed but it gives me a better typing experience as it used to feel sort of mushy.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yeah it does get a bit noiser with O-rings removed but it gives me a better typing experience as it used to feel sort of mushy.

Orings for life. And they bshould have a slight squish to reduce strain, but most of the time you shouldnt notice since you dont bottom out or barely do. I also dont know the specs of the ones that comes on the logitech.

Orings for life. And they bshould have a slight squish to reduce strain, but most of the time you shouldnt notice since you dont bottom out or barely do. I also dont know the specs of the ones that comes on the logitech.

i went to maplin and turns out while they bow stock boards with the four main switches, they packed all their displays away. One of the staff was kind enough to open a G710+ and let me have a go, and when comparing to the blues of the Razer (arrow keys on packaging) you could barely feel the bump and it did feel a little mushy. Much like Linus it was my first experience of browns and sadly the orings got in the way. I think Logitech are using thicker ones (maybe to please diehard membrane fans or those who don't know the difference

i went to maplin and turns out while they bow stock boards with the four main switches, they packed all their displays away. One of the staff was kind enough to open a G710+ and let me have a go, and when comparing to the blues of the Razer (arrow keys on packaging) you could barely feel the bump and it did feel a little mushy. Much like Linus it was my first experience of browns and sadly the orings got in the way. I think Logitech are using thicker ones (maybe to please diehard membrane fans or those who don't know the difference

I dont know but I havnt tried a G710+ so I couldnt tell you but I have used most if not all ones available separately on the market including all of WASD's before, during, and after development, including the later updates. I could go into why I link them and where is started an where it is now but I dont know if theres really any need to. I suggest getting a set from WASD and trying them for a week or two before making a decision though. If you have any questions on them ill see what I can do about answering them though.

Getting a white backlit keyboard soon (have the LED modifiers in mind). Anyone has any recommendations on a keyboard which is:

-Tenkeyless (not 60%)?

- White backlit?

And above all just a overall decent pick?

Getting a white backlit keyboard soon (have the LED modifiers in mind). Anyone has any recommendations on a keyboard which is:

-Tenkeyless (not 60%)?

- White backlit?

Hmmn, for TKL your best bets are Ducky and Coolermaster. I've used a CM Storm Trigger (full layout) and the quality felt ok, but Ducky are generally regarded as better quality. Both companies offer TKL with backlight, the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i is white-backlit (though there are complaints about how readable the font on the keycaps is), and Ducky offer their Shine series in TKL and with different backlight colour options.

CM Storm is available in reds, blues and browns. Ducky is available in reds, blacks, browns and blues. Here's some links:

CM Storm

Ducky

-Tenkeyless (not 60%)?

- White backlit?

Your best bet would be a TKL Ducky Shine 3, it should come with various LED color options and switch types for you to choose from. I'd gotten different colored LED covers a while back:

20131130_143444_zpsfb3c89fe.jpg

And change my white LED Ducky Shine 3 to this:

20131130_154642_zps65d863fa.jpg

One thing to bear in mind though, the LED covers tend to block out a good amount of light, so you'd have to max the brightness of the LED for the keys to look good.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Ahh led covers...I think I seen that on massdrop before..

So hi guys...glad to be back into the KB world particularity because this: after I came back from a 4day trip, where I downloaded the arma pack that was on sale before I left, and when I came back to start gaming, it was really really wierd. For chivalry medival warfare and battlefield, my movement seemed stuck. When ever I press W to move forward, it randomly stops and I have to repress W. This also applies to the other directional movement keys(havnt tried arrows). It's not lag or rubber banding, but something strange which I do not know. There were two threads (battle log and reddit) and only two that I could find that people had these situations, for which both about BF4, this problem occurred to them to earlier battlefields...wierd. So I stopped playing chiv and bf4, only to start arma2 and then CSGO (movement is not hindered/nothing is wrong). Now, I was invited to BF Hardline and wanted to try it out. Boom. The problem occurred. This could also be seen when driving: start engine and drive a couple meters...slows down/stops and engine is revving, as if it's actually driving. When turning, it would turn a few degrees and then stop and I would crash. So I used my old membrane and nothing was wrong.... Wierd. I took the risk by breaking the warranty/sticker and started to fiddle with things, to make sure it was all alright. Nothing wrong. I wanted to rule out NKRO and yes, NKRO was true. So I concluded with a windows reinstall. Will update later...

I have no clue why I'm posting this but I just wanted to share my experiences...

I have also been thinking about selling my Ducky Shine YOTS and getting a smaller KB, like maybe the CM dual switch or those new minis by ducky or what ever (gotta catch up, too busy with E3 trailers :D)

If you guys would want a Ducky YOTS in blue PM me, but I have no clue how to sell it lol.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)