Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

May i ask where to get the blank keycaps? Looks great. I first wanted to buy the qf rapid since it is built by the same OEM that builds Filcos, but i hated the branding so much i ordered a Majestouch 2 tenkeyless with Cherry MX Blues. If anyone is interested i will once it arives post some pictures and thoughts of someone, who never had a mechanical keyboard before.

I got my blank keysets from WASD KEYBOARDS. Great service, fast and good shipping ( all the way to the UK ), also very competitive prices.

can u get key caps from WASD that allow light trough the letters?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

I don't think they're using MX RGB, I think they are using dual LEDs in there.

I understand that they are using bi-colour LEDs but doesn't the standard mx switch only have two holes for the led not three needed for a bi-colour. Because a rgb switch will have four holes they could be using that.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Well I might as well join in on the Mechanical wang dance.

My first mech, a Ducky Shine II, blue back lighting and cherry brown switches. And a few random keycaps for shits and giggles.

Posted Image

And my current keyboard, a KBT Pure Pro 60%. Blue LED lighting and cherry blue switches.

Posted Image

And I bought a Ducky Shine III Yellow edition, with Cherry blue switches on special. It has blank keycaps, but I will be replacing them with either blank black keycaps, OR if I can find the right yellow, black keycaps with YELLOW text on them. That would look the absolute TITS.

Posted Image

Itll take the stock yellow caps if their engraved

I understand that they are using bi-colour LEDs but doesn't the standard mx switch only have two holes for the led not three needed for a bi-colour. Because a rgb switch will have four holes they could be using that.

Bi color only have two leads color changes depending on which direction current goes through.

Quick someone reply ASAP - Razer Blackwidow 2014 keyboard (not the ultimate) for £89.99 or the Cooler Master quickfire TK stealth with a sale deal! £63.98 it has mx cherry brown switches witch is what I think I would like - not sure because never heard and felt any cherry mx keys, but the razer has the new keys designed for gaming! That sounds good to me;) because that's what I am, a gamer so I'm really not sure, I do have the money for both but not really because have to pay my dad back over time but if one if better than the other then I will pay out

Bi color only have two leads color changes depending on which direction current goes through.

ah ok i have only seen this type 

$T2eC16Z,!)kE9s4,BD1oBRyyO7bg0w~~60_35.J

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

ah ok i have only seen this type

Posted Image

Yes those are the ones the if you apply power to one lead you get one color and if you apply to the other you get the other color. You may even be able to do both at the same time.

Yes those are the ones the if you apply power to one lead you get one color and if you apply to the other you get the other color. You may even be able to do both at the same time.

You can. thats why i assumed that that is what is being used as they light up purple (red+blue) in the video

Quick someone reply ASAP - Razer Blackwidow 2014 keyboard (not the ultimate) for £89.99 or the Cooler Master quickfire TK stealth with a sale deal! £63.98 it has mx cherry brown switches witch is what I think I would like - not sure because never heard and felt any cherry mx keys, but the razer has the new keys designed for gaming! That sounds good to me;) because that's what I am, a gamer so I'm really not sure, I do have the money for both but not really because have to pay my dad back over time but if one if better than the other then I will pay out

Coolermaster Quickfire

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

Can you get key caps from WASD keyboards that allow light through the letters for led keyboards?

Can you get key caps from WASD keyboards that allow light through the letters for led keyboards?

No except maybe replacment keys for the code keyboards.

Poker II and Vortex PBT keycaps showed up at the same time. Here is the result. Poker II is going to stay like this for a while...

shShXLol.jpg

Poker II and Vortex PBT keycaps showed up at the same time. Here is the result. Poker II is going to stay like this for a while...

shShXLol.jpg

Very nice.  Those are my favorite Vortex caps that I've seen so far.  Debating on whether I'm going to order a set or not.

You can. thats why i assumed that that is what is being used as they light up purple (red+blue) in the video

hmmm mmm

Definitely the TK stealth. No second thoughts.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

Very nice.  Those are my favorite Vortex caps that I've seen so far.  Debating on whether I'm going to order a set or not.

Looks like it may be a good idea to get on them Mechanicalkeyboards.com is down to three in the blues. '

The greens also look nice, though.

is0De0W.jpg63yCKkB.jpg

My two Ducky Shine 3s with Ducky OEM ABS keycaps!

CPU: i5 4670K - CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212 EVO - MOBO: ASUS Z87M-PLUS - GRAPHICS: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX - RAM: PATRIOT VIPER 3 BLACK MAMBA - CASE: CORSAIR 350D - PSU: XFX 750W STORAGE:  5TB BARRACUDAS & 256GB A-DATA SX900 - AUDIO: AUDIOENGINE A2+ KEYBOARD: DUCKY SHINE 3 - MOUSE: STEELSERIES RIVAL - MOUSEPAD: STEELSERIES QCK

STEAM: JAKUZURE NONON (JIZZY9870) - LEAGUE: TAIGA TENORI - STAR CITIZEN: LYRALEIA 

-snip-

My two Ducky Shine 3s with Ducky OEM ABS keycaps!

Would you happen to remember where you got that grey set? I think I need a set of those ones!

Would you happen to remember where you got that grey set? I think I need a set of those ones!

I got 'em from qtan! 

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps/ducky-abs-key-caps-for-ducky-9/lid=34914332

CPU: i5 4670K - CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212 EVO - MOBO: ASUS Z87M-PLUS - GRAPHICS: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX - RAM: PATRIOT VIPER 3 BLACK MAMBA - CASE: CORSAIR 350D - PSU: XFX 750W STORAGE:  5TB BARRACUDAS & 256GB A-DATA SX900 - AUDIO: AUDIOENGINE A2+ KEYBOARD: DUCKY SHINE 3 - MOUSE: STEELSERIES RIVAL - MOUSEPAD: STEELSERIES QCK

STEAM: JAKUZURE NONON (JIZZY9870) - LEAGUE: TAIGA TENORI - STAR CITIZEN: LYRALEIA 

Never buy Razer's 2014 range of keyboards, they come with Kailh switch which the marketing department at Razer would have you believe is God's gift to gamers. You're better off with the QF TK as it uses authentic Cherry MX switches, much better than the crap switch that Razer has on its 2014 range.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Unicomp Customizer 104 buckling spring USB, raven black.

http://pckeyboard.com/page/Classic/UB4044A

Classic104%20black1000x1000.jpg

This is the company that now owns the vaunted IBM buckling spring mechanism patent, which was the mechanism put into the famous IBM model M keyboards.

I eventually want to get one just like this in form, but with backlighting and probably MX blue switches, but I have had a lot of trouble finding one of such which is not too expensive for me.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

does light go through laser engraved key caps?