Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Just came :) its a Dolch pcb (blue switches) with the keyset in a G81 white case

Posted Image

A bit disappointed with the keycaps condition it camewith

Either way it looks sexy as hell.

If you compare it with a TKL or a full size keyboard, yes it's different

but I love the layout, a keyboard with full size button with smaller dimension :)

I forgot my layouts now days which is why I usually only pick up programmable keyboard now days and why I sold my beloved collection of topre keyboards.

Anyone interested in the RGB K70 or K95? Corsair's Computex guy mentioned both keyboards coming in red, blue and brown switches (interesting for the K95) but that was only mentioned once and not talked about after. If the price isn't too much I might consider one since they stopped making the K70 in gunmetal and blue backlight

Edit: corrected CES to Computex *derp*

Hmmn, checked Corsair's website and it only mentions red switches with the K95. Guess either I was hearing things or the Corsair guy slipped up :P Here's where he says it on Logan's video: 

Was looking forward to MX Browns on a K95..Maybe I'll just get the K70 RGB or not even bother and go normal K70

Hmmn, checked Corsair's website and it only mentions red switches with the K95. Guess either I was hearing things or the Corsair guy slipped up :P Here's where he says it on Logan's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lSbwR3nr3E#t=213

Was looking forward to MX Browns on a K95..Maybe I'll just get the K70 RGB or not even bother and go normal K70

I can't find the source right now, but there ARE RGB versions of Blues/Browns.

I know they are releasing MX Reds with it first though.

But they are coming.

(Here is Qain/Paul on twitter about it, same thing)

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I can't find the source right now, but there ARE RGB versions of Blues/Browns.

I know they are releasing MX Reds with it first though.

But they are coming.

(Here is Qain/Paul on twitter about it, same thing)

Interesting. So, they're doing the same thing with the K95 and K70 in terms of switches. I'm not sure what to buy now (K95 is overpriced in the UK, and I've got a few other things to juggle buying).

Interesting. So, they're doing the same thing with the K95 and K70 in terms of switches. I'm not sure what to buy now (K95 is overpriced in the UK, and I've got a few other things to juggle buying).

Before you buy a keyboard like the K95, you should really consider if you need all those macro keys. Before acquiring a mechanical keyboard I had a G15 and I never used the macro keys. Now I prefer a more compact keyboard instead of one that takes up all my desk space.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Before you buy a keyboard like the K95, you should really consider if you need all those macro keys. Before acquiring a mechanical keyboard I had a G15 and I never used the macro keys. Now I prefer a more compact keyboard instead of one that takes up all my desk space.

This.

I used a G710+ for a couple years, and never found a use for all those keys. 

Now that I use a TKL Ducky, I can't change back. I tried putting a full sized keyboard back on my desk, and my arms feel way to far apart. Take a serious look at TKL boards, and consider what you need.

Thanks for those suggestions about macro keys! When I originally was looking at a mech board (when the k90 came out) I had a couple uses for macros (performing certain admin commands in a group I helped run, and some other stuff). Now I don't need that, but I do find myself needing some extra keys to bind to in games and if they're near enough then I can see them being useful. I think that my wallet will be the deciding factor when I come to buy one because macros would be more of a help than necessity.

Also, I don't know how you TKL people cope! I love my numpad

Thanks for those suggestions about macro keys! When I originally was looking at a mech board (when the k90 came out) I had a couple uses for macros (performing certain admin commands in a group I helped run, and some other stuff). Now I don't need that, but I do find myself needing some extra keys to bind to in games and if they're near enough then I can see them being useful. I think that my wallet will be the deciding factor when I come to buy one because macros would be more of a help than necessity.

I never really use my numpad, so I could probably swap over pretty easy.

And I fixed the macro/size problem with my mouse, I just have like 20 things bound to that.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

just a question, which do you think is better? blues or browns?

I currently have a Logitech G710+ (with browns), although I'm wondering which one I should get when I get Corsair RGB

just a question, which do you think is better? blues or browns?

I currently have a Logitech G710+ (with browns), although I'm wondering which one I should get when I get Corsair RGB

It is pretty personal, I wouldn't say either is better.

Blue is more tactile, and obviously louder due to the click.

Browns are less tactile, quieter and 5cN lighter.

Try both out to get a decent feel, and look at the environment you will be using them in. 

Offices,Dorms, Shared anything really where the other people could be annoyed with your typing usually rules out blue.

Its why I went browns.

Apart from that though, both are just as good and its usually what you find more comfortable.

I like Browns for Gaming/Typing extensively. 

Though, I'm getting Clears for a secondary keyboard for just typing, so if its a lot of typing, the increased tactility of Blues may be better for you.

I like a TKL or 60% for better ergonomics. When gaming I like to have my hands close to each other, it simply feels more natural.

Same goes for typing. With a full size keyboard I end up having the keyboard a bit more to the left than I'd like so the mouse is in a natural position or with the keyboard centred and then the mouse is in a weird position.

In short terms, with a full size keyboard I'll always have to compromise. That's not the case with a TKL or 60%, which is why I love them so much.

On the other hand, if you need a numpad, which I can't argue that I need from time to time, you could buy an external mechanical numpad.

I like a TKL or 60% for better ergonomics. When gaming I like to have my hands close to each other, it simply feels more natural.

Same goes for typing. With a full size keyboard I end up having the keyboard a bit more to the left than I'd like so the mouse is in a natural position or with the keyboard centred and then the mouse is in a weird position.

In short terms, with a full size keyboard I'll always have to compromise. That's not the case with a TKL or 60%, which is why I love them so much.

On the other hand, if you need a numpad, which I can't argue that I need from time to time, you could buy an external mechanical numpad.

Hmmn, I've noticed having to put the keyboard more to the left but it hasn't bothered me too much. I can see the benefits of TKL but without using one for an extended period of time can't really say if it's better for me.

I might buy a TKL Ducky or something down the line to try out TKL and blacks in one go but that'll not be for ages.

I never really use my numpad, so I could probably swap over pretty easy.

And I fixed the macro/size problem with my mouse, I just have like 20 things bound to that.

I'm getting an M95 so macros won't be a problem but I would keep them for game-centric stuff rather than macros for other things (so I don't accidentally click) which I why I was considering a keyboard with macro keys, though I hardly need 108 macros :P

And couldn't you get a separate numpad? Put it to the right of your mouse.

I have a cm storm trigger with blacks. They were stiff to me at first, especially running with shift held down in some games, yeah my pinky hurt from that, but once you are use to them they are nice. I am a heavy typist and I've always pressed keys quite hard, so these are nice to me, but I think I would be able to type a bit faster if I used reds as pressing harder on each key does take a bit more effort, and I know I can type faster with less pressure per key because I am capable of typing light and all glide like. I think I would also type fast if they were tactile too, as I'd be quicker from key to key, as for typing with my current style I probably most of the time let go of the former key before the next one is pressed or I can make mistakes.

I think black make a nice progress stage for people moving from stiff membrane to mechanical. 

I also think black are great for gaming, as I think tactile can let you make mistakes by misjudging the pressure just a bit and letting go too early and missing the bump. Linear blacks you subconsciously press down harder, yes this gives your a longer period of time per key, but you generally have the next key being pressed while the first one activates if being quick is called upon.

They are all good and each have their pros and cons. I sometime wish I had a tactile brown switch instead of the black, but I'm happy with the black. 

Soooo I went to see the Ducky booth at Computex this year....and I just have to say I am hands down buying the Ducky Mini FOR SURE!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Just got me a Corsair K65, beautiful thing, very nice to type on, fits amazingly on my desk.

One thing that bothers me is it's kind'a noisy compared to my previous microsoft bluetooth keyboard which was completely silent, so I'm ordering some O-rings from WASD-keyboards, hope they'll tone it down a bit. also got me some red "wasd" keycaps just for fun :)

Another thought that passed my mind, if someone is looking for reviews on this particular keyboard (or any 10-keyless for that matter) is that it does take a bit of time to get used to the size of it when typing. gaming is a whole different thing though..

And I just realized I'm kind'a missing the numpad enter key.. 

Love me some Corsair merch tough :D

IMG_20140606_154609_zps0c03e62e.jpg

IMG_20140606_154332_zps823dbfec.jpg

IMG_20140606_154316_zps4b4b0463.jpg

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

Soooo I went to see the Ducky booth at Computex this year....and I just have to say I am hands down buying the Ducky Mini FOR SURE!

My wallet doesn't like the sound of that comment....

Is it really that awesome?

God dammit, why do I answer a question like that when I'm afraid of the answer  :unsure:

One thing that bothers me is it's kind'a noisy compared to my previous microsoft bluetooth keyboard which was completely silent, so I'm ordering some O-rings from WASD-keyboards, hope they'll tone it down a bit. also got me some red "wasd" keycaps just for fun :)

Not to sound like an idiot but what were you expecting?

I read this a lot, people buy a mechanical keyboard and think they're too loud. If you got anything else than reds or blacks it's pretty self-explanatory.

Reds and blacks can be silent as well, it does takes some training not to bottom out, which is what you're used to from a rubberdome keyboard.

With practice you should be able to type on your new mechanical keyboard without it making much noise.

It's a very satisfying feeling to bottom out a mechanical keyboard though.  :)

Went for a IT show today, hoping to get a mechanical keyboard for cheap, and I sure did, a CM Storm QuickFire TK for S$138

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Hiho everyone from the start, since I've been rather reading than writing around here, obviously ;p, gettin straight to the point:

Anybody been able to get a US layout K70 (preferably the black one) in Europe? I can't imagine my life without a pipe above enter and  with a short shift so other layouts are definitely a no go ;( I've checked up the us amazon and they actually do send them worldwide but the price just get's so much higher.. I'd rather be interested in browns

Not to sound like an idiot but what were you expecting?

I read this a lot, people buy a mechanical keyboard and think they're too loud. If you got anything else than reds or blacks it's pretty self-explanatory.

Reds and blacks can be silent as well, it does takes some training not to bottom out, which is what you're used to from a rubberdome keyboard.

With practice you should be able to type on your new mechanical keyboard without it making much noise.

It's a very satisfying feeling to bottom out a mechanical keyboard though.  :)

Well I wasn't really complaining.. I kind'a knew it was going to be way louder than my rubberdome board, but it's one thing to see it on Youtube and another thing to really feel it. I'm already starting to get used to typing softly and not bottoming the keys all the way down. and the switches are mx reds.

Coolermaster HAF 912 advanced | i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | MSI gtx 660ti pe oc | Gygabite z77x-d3h | 8GB g.skill ripjaws| Samsung 830 ssd  | Seasonic m12II 620w

Corsair M45 mouse | Corsair K65 Keyboard | LG 27EA33V 27' ips| 

•  

Maplin just updated their stock - they now sell a keyboard in each of the switch types! (If you're not from the UK then this may not mean much, but over here it's hard to try a mech board before you buy). They've got a K60 and CM Storm Trigger (been there a couple years) for Reds and Blacks respectively, and then a G710+ for browns and Blackwidow Expert (eugh Razer) for Blues. Hopefully they're on display.

If my local branch has them I'll know for sure what switch I really want. :D

My wallet doesn't like the sound of that comment....

Is it really that awesome?

God dammit, why do I answer a question like that when I'm afraid of the answer  :unsure:

I talked to people at Ducky about pricing, and they themselves are not sure how much it will cost. I am guessing somewhere around the cost of a typical mid-high mech keyboard ($120~$130USD). Can your wallet handle that? xD

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I talked to people at Ducky about pricing, and they themselves are not sure how much it will cost. I am guessing somewhere around the cost of a typical mid-high mech keyboard ($120~$130USD). Can your wallet handle that? xD

$130 is not too bad and if that's the price my wallet should be able to manage that lost.

Ahh man, it's such a tough choice, I'll have to wait until Teraset gets it.