Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

well the 60% layout from Swill will put the holes in there for you.

So far I am liking the 60% form factor, its quite nice and portable! plus the keycaps look so good! 

You may want to order one from GON soon as I think they are on a long back order and you might have a long time to wait!

ya im already used to a small form keyboard with what is basically a desk82 lol. What keycaps did you get? they look like the set on techkeys

well that is going to suck but i cant order anything yet but i will keep that in mind. Does gon take paypal on his site?

ya im already used to a small form keyboard with what is basically a desk82 lol. What keycaps did you get? they look like the set on techkeys

well that is going to suck but i cant order anything yet but i will keep that in mind. Does gon take paypal on his site?

They are WASD keys. I just customised the design a little to accommodate for the 60% size...

He does, but you have to go into Paypal and send him the money as a "Gift" to his email account... I guess it is one way of getting around the Paypal charges

They are WASD keys. I just customised the design a little to accommodate for the 60% size...

He does, but you have to go into Paypal and send him the money as a "Gift" to his email account... I guess it is one way of getting around the Paypal charges

Yes paypal fees suck but I would rather do things right lol.

Are you going to backlight it?

Yeh, it does all feel a little dodge! To make things worse, he doesnt reply to emails very often at the moment and you have to Skype call him to get a reply! Couldnt feel more dodgy if you tried, however he is a really nice guy when I talked to him. He knew who I was and my order but I was just further down the list of people who he was yet to contact.

I am thinking about it, I am not sure yet... The PCB does come pre soldered with resistors. I am just not too sure...

He will let you pay as goods N services, but you may need to contact him before hand, and you will have to pay the 2% fee.

Or you can just pay with a credit card.

Here are his payment options:

GONS%20Payment%20Options.jpg

Got a E-Element Z-77 RGB Mech keyboard in black with black switches from mass drop awhile ago don't have picture of it here's one from massdrop and I haven't done any mods yet but plan too if anyones got any suggestions please do
MD-6954_20150413113655_4cb5715917a37e25.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

can someone recommend a way to replace keycaps on a Razer chroma that won't wobble - I have a corsair K70 that has almost zero keycap wobble  - but my razer chroma has a lot of keycap wobble - 

if I do replace the keycaps how can i be certain they won't wobble on the razor green switches. I live in south Africa so theres no way for me to go into a store and try new keycaps 

the keycaps i want to replace are on a Razer blackwidow Chroma - Razer green switches 

I've seen lots of reviews on mechanical keyboard  examining everything EXCEPT keycap wobble  - 

I think its one of the MOSt important things that almost EVERY reviewer totally ignore - 

they all talk about switch types / colour / make 

what about when u press a keycap and tilt four finger - ? does the keycap tilt as well or does it keep it's position ?

i would love linus to dig up  the Razer Chroma , Corsair K70 / RGB / and a few other top contenders and do a keycap wobble test 

Please !

:)

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

So I decided to take out my old CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid keyboard and apply carbon vinyl on the top cover  :)

890kyk3.jpg

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

So I decided to take out my old CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid keyboard and apply carbon vinyl on the top cover  :)

890kyk3.jpg

I was about to do this with my WASDV2 yesterday :P

My new unintentional, unofficial LinusTechTips Mechanical Keyboard. Originally ordered these keys to be red and dark gray. Turns out they are light red/orange and very light gray. I swear when ordering I have no intention for it to match the LTT colors. Any criticism is welcome.

Cherry MX Browns.

347adcp.jpg

My current setup. This thing works great for me but I've been really interested in making a new keyboard from scratch this summer, but until then this is my daily driver.

• Gamadias Heremes Ultimate
  • Cherry MX Blues
  • Dvorak layout
  • Mostly blank keycaps

ydZhrnk.jpg?1

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Got a cheap backlit mechanical keyboard off eBay (auction) as a gift for someone. Lights up green and red, so I decided to paint it light green just because. Still need some top coat for protection, which is unfortunate because I already got a tiny scratch when taking off the space bar :(

(Not sure why it looks a little curved at the bottom in this photo.
Rosewill RK-9200RE Helios Dual LED Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Red

Otx7E7O.jpg

Hype. It's been far too long.

41c2a523e4.jpg

Hype. It's been far too long.

Congrats. I need to stop looking at massdrop

zHjWNoU.png

I said I was not going to buy anymore  keyboards

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Congrats. I need to stop looking at massdrop

zHjWNoU.png

I said I was not going to buy anymore  keyboards

That keyboard is beautiful.

Just received and plugged in my 2nd mechanical keybooard.

18120443715_bde15057e2_z.jpg

I'm at work at the moment, but this is coming home with me. Has clicky Cherry MX Blue switches. Love it, so far.

Just received and plugged in my 2nd mechanical keybooard.

I'm at work at the moment, but this is coming home with me. Has clicky Cherry MX Blue switches. Love it, so far.

I'm still so hesitant to get a keyboard without some of the printing on the keycaps, even though I don't often need them. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm still so hesitant to get a keyboard without some of the printing on the keycaps, even though I don't often need them. 

I will admit, although I touch type, I've not been able to log on successfully once since plugging this in. Psychology more than anything!

I will admit, although I touch type, I've not been able to log on successfully once since plugging this in. Psychology more than anything!

I find the front facing printing on my Filco to be just right for me. Though, I still want blank keycaps, just to be that much of a tool when people try to use my PC. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I find the front facing printing on my Filco to be just right for me. Though, I still want blank keycaps, just to be that much of a tool when people try to use my PC. 

At work it's only an issue because, in keeping with policies laid out by Microsoft for Server 2012, we have to have symbols in our passwords. 

Otherwise, I'm not getting any obscure typing errors, which is nice. You'd get used to it very quickly and, in turn, become much faster at typing.

At work it's only an issue because, in keeping with policies laid out by Microsoft for Server 2012, we have to have symbols in our passwords. 

Otherwise, I'm not getting any obscure typing errors, which is nice. You'd get used to it very quickly and, in turn, become much faster at typing.

I may just have to see if I can invest into some blank keycaps. Just to test it out then. :P