Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I will replace the keycaps after some time. Does anybody know, how the lighting on the TK Stealth looks like?

I just got my first mech keyboard a logitech g710+ I'm never going back to membrane keyboard, I should of got one a long time ago.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Wow man....

it take guts to spray a clack, what color is it originated?

its all good

I also bought myself another fake keycap from K3KC and I have just sprayed it matt black! It is looking awesome right now!

Wow man....

it take guts to spray a clack, what color is it originated?

I would never spray a clack! It was originally a horrible pink and red colour... However, if I had to spray a clack. I would of done exactly what I did here. The finish on this keycap is lovely!

Help, my F5 keys LED went dead. It's Ducky Shine 2.

Anyone have the tutorial to replace the LED?

got my new victim from @TheProfosist it was an old wyse terminal keyboard that I plan to use the switches from and the plate to make a 40% although it looks like it is going to take a lot of work since the bottom row is odd and had pcb mount stabilizers for the space bar

this is how i got the keyboard and also how @TheProfosist got it originally no caps or case

2HbEWWh.jpg

here it is after a little work soldering

AlRl0dQ.jpg

this is probably what it originally looked like based on the layout

2f5AGi5.jpg

Does any body know a good mechanical keyboard that costs £50 or less.

Thanks. :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

got my new victim from @TheProfosist it was an old wyse terminal keyboard that I plan to use the switches from and the plate to make a 40% although it looks like it is going to take a lot of work since the bottom row is odd and had pcb mount stabilizers for the space bar

this is how i got the keyboard and also how @TheProfosist got it originally no caps or case

2HbEWWh.jpg

here it is after a little work soldering

AlRl0dQ.jpg

this is probably what it originally looked like based on the layout

2f5AGi5.jpg

It came to me just like you received it directly for Germany. It was stripped to same money on shipping.

It came to me just like you received it directly for Germany. It was stripped to same money on shipping.

i just wish it came with the 10u space bar lol

i just wish it came with the 10u space bar lol

Sorry?

i don't even want it for this keyboard but for the Radical Edward keyboard when I make it lol

Oh I know.

2f5AGi5.jpg

I kinda like the CTRL placement - considering Caps is toggleable and having left CTRL on the bottom row can cause people issues with their hands or wrists it makes more sense to put it on the middle row. I guess it just shows how much we prioritise shouting at each other on the internet :P

I kinda like the CTRL placement - considering Caps is toggleable and having left CTRL on the bottom row can cause people issues with their hands or wrists it makes more sense to put it on the middle row. I guess it just shows how much we prioritise shouting at each other on the internet :P

agreed but im probably going to make the a function key since im making a 40% out of it which means no number keys and stuff like that lol

Im hoping it ends up similar to this in size although the layout will probably be different

dIo2SsIl.jpg

agreed but im probably going to make the a function key since im making a 40% out of it which means no number keys and stuff like that lol

Im hoping it ends up similar to this in size although the layout will probably be different

dIo2SsIl.jpg

That layout has one big flaw right out of the box and another that would just be better but I think ive been over that with you before.

dIo2SsIl.jpg

That layout has one big flaw right out of the box and another that would just be better but I think ive been over that with you before.

I put my control there on all my boards that I can. I dont know why that spot is wasted for caps. Also how much to people really use caps?

Py1RWXZ.jpg

Treated myself to my first keyboard with Topre switches. CM Storm NovaTouch TKL with Vortex double-shot white/blue PBT keycaps. They aren't seen, but I also opted to use the included o-rings. 

This is probably the most fun I've had typing since using my Omnikey as a daily driver. My next keyboard may need to feature Matias Quiet Click switches.

Treated myself to my first keyboard with Topre switches. CM Storm NovaTouch TKL with Vortex double-shot white/blue PBT keycaps. They aren't seen, but I also opted to use the included o-rings. 

This is probably the most fun I've had typing since using my Omnikey as a daily driver. My next keyboard may need to feature Matias Quiet Click switches.

The matias quiet click switches are awesome. I'm typing on a KBParadise V60 MTS with them right now.

Just wish there were better options for ALPS keycaps.

The matias quiet click switches are awesome. I'm typing on a KBParadise V60 MTS with them right now.

Just wish there were better options for ALPS keycaps.

I could probably strip the keycaps from my Omnikey, but that would be some sort of sin. Keyboardco sells some replacement caps http://www.keyboardco.com/type/mechanical-keyboard-keycaps-and-keysets.asp

dIo2SsIl.jpg

Your project looks awesome! I couldnt really type on a 40% board. I would be missing too many keys I need! However it does look pretty cool!

So....who's going to pre-order the Pok3r from Massdrop?

I really wish I could join the drop but I've got no money now QQ

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Your project looks awesome! I couldnt really type on a 40% board. I would be missing too many keys I need! However it does look pretty cool!

Well that image isn't mine it is geekhack user riotonthebay's JD40 build. I just want to make something around that size lol

like i said im shooting for that size not that layout lol