[Updated 11/4/15] Fallout 4 to NOT feature Nvidia Gameworks, but Nvidia is still working with Bethesda on the game.

ChrisxIxCross

I've seen the video.

It's normal.

Why does Nvidia get blamed for this?

Isn't it the devs fault for not implementing Nvidia features properly?

Doesn't EA also have some special Nvidia stuff in their games. Don't they run better on AMD?

Oi, logical thinking is frowned upon in these parts.

Just like Nvidia likes to pour salt on "AMD uses more power and goes to 95c", AMD uses the excuse of "Nvidia gimps our cards"

Trust me, I was like that and kinda am still like that to this day :(

Im not supporting AMD or Nvidia In this, and I think games should be optimized for both games, I just wanted to say that AMD does the same thing beacuse people here were bitching about Nvidia doing It. :P

Im not supporting AMD or Nvidia In this, and I think games should be optimized for both games, I just wanted to say that AMD does the same thing beacuse people here were bitching about Nvidia doing It. :P

Agreed.

Having a good troll there m8?

No? The cards are where they usually are. Go watch the video and go look at other benchmarks of the 970 and 290x, for example. 

Why don't developers just grey out Gameworks options if an AMD card is detected? This can't be hard to do. Right? I couldn't enable EAX back when Halo PC was released. It was impossible from the in game menus because my PC didn't support it.

Wouldn't hearing complaints of those options not being available to AMD users be better than hearing the game runs like garbage because some users don't know better? Novice PC gamers likely only know they can run X game in 4K at a playable frame rate so they should be able to play X game that uses Gameworks. However, when it runs like garbage at 1080p, they'll complain about it not being optimized. In reality, it may be because they have options enabled that simply is not designed for their hardware.

tl;dr Grey out Gameworks options for AMD users because novice users don't know better.

Well... They can't because that would require us programmers to do double work. We would first code using GameWorks shaders that tie into other GameWorks libraries... And then add in additional shader systems, which requires other non-GameWork libraries. Do you see the problem? GameWorks is an exclusive system. Even if Intel's integrated GPUs make another 66% improvement next generation, GameWorks will simply slap it down. So let's not talk about AMD... There will be no viable competitors as soon as GameWorks becomes a monopoly.

Having a good troll there m8?

Would either of you care to elaborate on what's abnormal in that video?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

No? The cards are where they usually are. Go watch the video and go look at other benchmarks of the 970 and 290x, for example. 

Oh. Yeah. Nevermind. It's a 290x being used in the video. Someone said it was a 280x beating the 970, which would obviously be abnormal. 

MUCH MUCH Much better optimization on AMD cards on Battlefront thanks to EA working closer with AMD than Nvidia. The AMD cards perform so well compared to their Nvidia counterpart that the Nvidia cards almost seem nerfed...

It looks normal? Because the sad reality is the many of the amd cards are actually really powerful. So if they were to receive proper optimization. They'd have better performance. If you look at the 980 ti. It's still performing like a champ.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Saw this on the main F4/Nvidia thread and as mentioned there, you can easily force Tessellation on the AMD driver to 8x to still get good enough looks and less of a crippling performance hit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

MUCH MUCH Much better optimization on AMD cards on Battlefront thanks to EA working closer with AMD than Nvidia. The AMD cards perform so well compared to their Nvidia counterpart that the Nvidia cards almost seem nerfed...

I was running ~120 FPS during the Beta and rarely dropped below 100 with a 980 :c

OT: Anyone that's complaining, may o direct you to the settings bar?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I was running ~120 FPS during the Beta and rarely dropped below 100 with a 980 :c

OT: Anyone that's complaining, may o direct you to the settings bar?

Settings page doesn't state which effects are gameworks effects though.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case