First IRL photos of Blackberry "Venice" leaked. The sliderphone comeback.

AlexGoesHigh

no longer produced or used; out of date.

The 808 is still used in the flagship LG G4, so no, it's not outdated. Don't know where you're getting your chip info from.

The fact that the 810 is out. The 820 is rumoured to be coming out soon. The 808 is behind the latest flagship chips, like the 810, or the exynos7420. Outdated does not mean obsolete. the 8350 from AMD is outdated, but is not obsolete.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

The fact that the 810 is out. The 820 is rumoured to be coming out soon. The 808 is behind the latest flagship chips, like the 810, or the exynos7420. Outdated does not mean obsolete. the 8350 from AMD is outdated, but is not obsolete.

That's like saying the Toyota Camry is out which means the Corolla is outdated. It makes no sense. The 810 is not the successor to the 808, it is simply a higher model.

"Rawr XD"

That's like saying the Toyota Camry is out which means the Corolla is outdated. It makes no sense. The 810 is not the successor to the 808. 

yeah Like the intel i5 is not the step down version of the intel i7

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

yeah Like the intel i5 is not the step down version of the intel i7

What are you even saying? You basically just proved yourself wrong.

"Rawr XD"

Curious, what would you have changed to make it more attractive?

I forget what they were called, but a few years ago Blackberry released two new phones, one with a touchscreen and one with a mechanical input. I would have stayed with that strategy, and keep the touchscreen and keyboard away from each other. When typing on the mechanical keyboard, I can imagine that the phone will be really topheavy.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I dont mind a slider as long as I dont have to use it. And I kinda agree with what someone said, should slide the other way.

@AlexGoesHigh Here goes *sigh*

iPhone 6 Plus > BB "Venice"

*Puts on %100 Flame Resistant Hazmat Suit*

*Flame War begins*

eh, anybody has a right to like something or not, i don't like Apple, doesn't mean i'm going to hate those that do :)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I forget what they were called, but a few years ago Blackberry released two new phones, one with a touchscreen and one with a mechanical input. I would have stayed with that strategy, and keep the touchscreen and keyboard away from each other. When typing on the mechanical keyboard, I can imagine that the phone will be really topheavy.

It's actually not that bad.

The base of the phone houses the battery, which is by far the heaviest part. The top portion was also made of magnesium, so it's very light yet strong.

Where they went wrong was the mechanism. It got very loose over time. Their touch screens were also shit. It was, however,  a great way to get a bigger screen, keep the keyboard, and keep the device nice and compact.

Blackberry's first touch screen phone was a complete and total failure. I hope they fired whoever thought resistive displays on a mobile device were a good idea.

I'm pretty excited for this new phone. Hopefully it really does quite well. If it's priced low enough I may even consider replacing my Note 5 with it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

A phone with BUTTONS!!!

I can now securely ditch my Nokia 3310! upgrade time!

house-do-want.jpg

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

It's actually not that bad.

The base of the phone houses the battery, which is by far the heaviest part. The top portion was also made of magnesium, so it's very light yet strong.

Where they went wrong was the mechanism. It got very loose over time. Their touch screens were also shit. It was, however,  a great way to get a bigger screen, keep the keyboard, and keep the device nice and compact.

Blackberry's first touch screen phone was a complete and total failure. I hope they fired whoever thought resistive displays on a mobile device were a good idea.

I'm pretty excited for this new phone. Hopefully it really does quite well. If it's priced low enough I may even consider replacing my Note 5 with it.

oh my god you mean the ones where you had to press down really hard to do anything?

I find it ironic that the iPhone 6s is re-implementing that pressure-sensitive technology, but in a way that actually makes sense.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I can now securely ditch my Nokia 3310! upgrade time!

If you ditch that Nokia, be careful how you do it. The last time someone dropped one, the impact caused the dinosaurs to go extinct.

I'm hanging on to mine. No matter how many smartphones they make, the 3310 still reigns supreme.

oh my god you mean the ones where you had to press down really hard to do anything?

I find it ironic that the iPhone 6s is re-implementing that pressure-sensitive technology, but in a way that actually makes sense.

Haha yes! It had a screen that was supposed to "click". What a horrible idea.

Mmmm. Kind of. I still think pressure sensitive screens are incredibly stupid. They've just run out of really useful things to put into phones to make people buy them, so we'll start seeing rather stupid, novelty type things like that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Take my money. Blackberry physical keyboards are bae. I would seriously consider going back to them if the phone had android on it.

Wow, blackberry are still kicking about? Haven't heard from them in eons.

Try to type more that 10 words on a screen and not get frustrated, that's why.

Edit: also if you look at the keyboard, it doesn't have any navigation keys at all, its really there just to type text with it.

If it's like passport keyboard you can navigate with it (kinda).

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Haha yes! It had a screen that was supposed to "click". What a horrible idea.

And if you click something the phone would vibrate, but it would vibrate like half a second after you press down so it was really laggy and oh its so cringe just thinking about it

And if you click something the phone would vibrate, but it would vibrate like half a second after you press down so it was really laggy and oh its so cringe just thinking about it

Haha, yes. TBH most of Blackberrys early phones had issues or stupid design choices.

They just weren't as bad as other companies.

Early Android phones were horrid. Good luck getting through a day without recharging.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Courtesy of Android Authority, here are some more drool-worthy pictures of the phone in the wild. http://www.androidauthority.com/blackberry-venice-hands-on-exclusive-642334/

Damn I can't wait until this phone is released, I'm buying it for sure, as soon as I have the money.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube