Japan Responds to USA's Mech Robot Duel Challenge

iPhoenix

Japan will Win without a doubt!

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

*sniggers* with the power of the internet, people will be watching the video of the battle before the networks allow other countries the privilege (the idiots).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Japan wants melee combat, no time for guns & paint balls.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I'm going to say that the Japanese will bring out a BFS sooner or later... in addition to improvements on mobility and speed to their robot... (inb4 flight capability)

the Americans on the other hand will improve durability and mobility... and maybe a close-range pneumatic cannon of sorts...

Oh shit, it is so on.

Although...knowing how "health and safety" oriented everything is these days, I feel like melee combat won't be happening because of the ninnies at some insurance company.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would totally watch this, I missed the space race, but I wont miss this.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

we want gundam!

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I might be a little naive in these things but challenging japan to a robot war is like asking to get your arse handed to you.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have never been this erect before

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Glad to see this is in actual news after the original post was moved to off-topic for some reason. To be honest, I don't think I've been more hyped for anything before. But...

I'm gonna say that the winner can't just automatically japan because "lol japan = robots", I think both sides have an even chance, but that could easily shift in one direction based on what the specific battleground and rules are. 

Japan

+ higher speed 

+ more bullets equals more hits

+ technologically ahead (quantity)

+ more experience

+ can manipulate objects (hand)

+ has a shield

+ remote control

+ better pilot protection

+ two operating modes (high and low)

+ can lock on to targets

- single pilot needs to move and shoot

- shooting requires pilot to smile 

- far more points of failure

- low range and damage

- uses 2012 technology

- only way to see outside is from a small screen

- more likely to get bogged down on it's 4 small wheels

- uses proprietary software

America

+ large treads to traverse rough terrain

+ more powerful and longer ranged weapon

+ far less points of failure, unlikely to break down

+ wide field of view

+ 2 pilots allow for better focus on either driving or shooting

+ 3 ranged weapons (one is not attached to robot currently)

+ brand new

+ crew has had fresh experience

- currently no melee weapons

- high center of gravity

- low speed

- less technologically advanced

Will add to list if I think of anything else.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Half way through the battle will the Japanese mech power up and transform in to a galaxy sized robot

Or a squid

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

mgs_boss_rex_vs_ray_by_ace2070-d7t78wr.j

Now only if their mechas had legs already... Unfortunately it might not be as awesome as the pictured Metal Gear REX vs. Metal Gear RAY duel, but still awesome nonetheless.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I imagine they will play to their respective countries 'stereotypic' style.

America will be tough, rugged, utilitarian, etc..

Japan will be finely tuned, clean, advanced, etc..

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Posted before, so I'll post again. Kuratas's weapon

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My body is ready!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Mech Warrior vs Gundam!

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

...I think both sides have an even chance...

This is real life, not an american movie, sorry pal...

This is real life, not an american movie, sorry pal...

This isn't gundam either. I do high school robotics, and consistently the teams with strategy and good execution win over complex designs.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

This isn't gundam either. I do high school robotics, and consistently the teams with strategy and good execution win over complex designs.

So be with me Mr patrick! wooooooow! (insert MJ moonwalking here)

....I'm waiting for google to build one. The only problem there is that it will likely be fully functional with usable military grade weapons lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This continues for many years into the future Japan will win.  C'mon... they wrote the book on mech robots.  USA has what?  A lumbering Metal Gear???

Game over once Tokyo 3 produces real life Evangelions.  Now those are extremely agile.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr