What's your dumbest injury?

JT8101997

Well one time I was running up the stairs with a cup and missed a step and smashed my face on the cup that was facing up on the stairs. That was pretty dumb isn't it?

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

I had a huge bruise develop on my leg when I was at school and everyone was freaking out about it because it literally looked like I was walking around with a broken leg. My mum took me to see the doctor because it was just so unusual and it turned out that I'd been bitten by an insect and it'd just bled under my skin until it was just covering almost all of my knee and some of my calf.

It wasn't that serious but it was pretty stupid.

It was really weird walking around with it because people actually thought I was walking around with a broken leg and it just really freaked everyone out.  :wacko:

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Oh okay, I thought it might have been during an arrest?

I got some guys fingers down my throat at Krav, completely by accident. Another place I went to there was a guy that would just insist on striking at my joints. :rolleyes:

Nope, during the arrests I have done it wasn't to bad. The worst is a drunk guy trying to fight me and me just be a littler rougher when keeping him down. 

riding a bike, someone football fly off to the road, charge bike towards ball, fall horribly

I was on crutches after a motorcycle accident and my friend pushed me down some stairs a day afterwords. It was nice.  

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

I was playing with my dog, happily running after him in a beautiful flower field (Ok I lied it's in my backyard) and  twisted my ankle. It double in size in about 30 sec. Had a cast for a month and did a looot of physio. When they took the cast off ,I could not move my feet at all, altough I was walking on it when I had the cast. It is still not as flexible as the other ankle 3 years later.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

I collided with a German foreign exchange student during track practice while playing sharks and minnows. Split open her forehead, she split open the area around my right eye. We both got concussions.

No joke lmao.

i hate making new accounts

haa fuck it, might as well list them all. This is a long list...

1. When I was little, no memory of this one, me and my cousin running in the backyard... his teeth... my forehead...yeaaahh

2 . When I was little, same cousin, running in the house. my forehead, the little metal thingy on a door frame. lots of blood and stiches

3. When ice skating and was being pull with a hockey stick. We fell and... you know the 3 spikes that are on female skate... yeahhh... my forehead

4. Shattered my coccyx while practicing taekwon-do. It was shameful to bring my inflateble donut to school.

5. busted a few nuckle while being drunk and pist at one of my best friend (drunk thing) punch a metal container... 3 time. I did not realize until the next day when I woke up. I could not differentiate my first 3 nuckles.

6. I fell in a hole while triyng to dodge a little girl on ski (i was on ski too). I got lunched in the air and did half of a front flip. Broke my colarbone to the point of needing surgery.

7. Screwed my back for a week while sleeping.

Yeepppp, this is it. Life is tuf kids

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

I know that feels.

I broke my arm on a trampoline, kid fell on it.

I almost put a nail through my thumb with a home-made potato gun. it was air powered. I forgot to close the barrel valve before loading a roofing nail (wrapped in electrical tape as wadding) into it, and since I couldn't get the nail out, I decided to hook the tank up to the air compressor, held my thumb over the barrel (to create pressure, as the nail was allowing air to leak out, which meant the nail wouldn't move), then I realized what was going to happen as soon as the pressure became too great for my thumb, so I quickly moved my thumb to the side, the nail nicked my thumb and embedded itself into the ceiling of our shed.

High school was fun.

Was it one of those fat kids that plays call of duty all day long in his basement while eating fries?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Was it one of those fat kids that plays call of duty all day long in his basement while eating fries?

It was not. I tripped and landed, my arm was perpendicular to the trampoline (elbow against trampoline, palm pointing towards the sky), he tripped over my feet and his back landed on my palm

Direction of falling person.

V

|  <my arm

___________|____________ <Trampoline

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It was not. I tripped and landed, my arm was perpendicular to the trampoline (elbow against trampoline, palm pointing towards the sky), he tripped over my feet and his back landed on my palm

Direction of falling person.

V

|  <my arm

___________|____________ <Trampoline

Ouch...

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

My mum and her siblings have had hella bad injuries 

Ouch...

Indeed. The weird thing was that because he fell ontop of me, I didn't actually see the break happen, I heard an.....indescribably sickening crunch, and then look at my arm when he moved, and THEN the pain hit me like a freight train.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My Mom Was Using A Pole Chainsaw To Cut Branches And She Hit Her Toe With The Pole Chainsaw,But She Still Has Her Toe

When I jumped into the reallly shallow end of the pool with my elbow facing down...

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

When I was like 2 years old I fell onto the heater with my forehead and I bled (past tense of bleeding) a lot and to this day still have a scar from that (thank god you can really see it, because my hair)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I was walking in the school corridor when a guy kicked a ball from the field to the left 5 meters away. I heard the thud of the kick and instinctively looked left when the ball hit me right on my nose. The guy then blamed me for smashing the ball to my head with my hands which sounds as stupid as he is. They then banned them from playing there. It seems to have started my chain of nosebleeds that can last for up to 2 hours

Prolly adrenaline.

Probably, a guy stopped the car and an old woman who lived in the house nearby came to help, and they called an ambulance, for the whole time I was scared that I had to get stitches  :lol:

Also I remember another dumb injury, when I was 5-6years old I was running with a blanket in my hand, and it got between my feet and smashed my face on the ground landing with the chin, I still have a scar, and I think I lost a small piece of bone too.

I went to the gym at Uni once and I got into a bit of a competition with a friend on the treadmill. We were running on full speed  (there really fast) for as long as we could and after 10 mins I got tired and wasn't thinking straight, I tried to jump of but slipped and face planted the treadmill and came flying off. I was bleeding from my face, arm and legs pretty badly. It was really embarrassing and there was a rowing machine right next to the the treadmill so when I got up there was some guy looking at me like "is this real life". Safe to say I've never been to another gym since. It did look pretty cool though as the rubber from the treadmill had rubbed off on to my skin so all my wounds were black with blood streaming out of them.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I got my finger caught between the stand and the weight of my weight bench, after trying to return by barbell back to the stand. 35KG of weight crushed my finger, 3 breaks, open fracture, 6 stiches needed. lost all feeling inside the finger, that happened last June. I've gotten some feeling back in the right side of my index finger, but I cant bend the tip of it properly. VERY stupid, would not do again 0/10

I have never broken a bone in my life or gotten any major injuries. That doesn't mean I haven't had any stupid ones:

-I got my right hand electrocuted by a hairdryer's wall plug when I just came from the shower and I tripped to the cord, unplugging it. Then I proceeded to plug it back in, while still being wet... Yep, got a nice electric shock to my right hand, it got a mild burn, but oddly enough I didn't cry to that even though I was 6 years old at the time. The hand was wrapped up for maybe a week or two, and no signs of that incident was left to my right hand.

-When I was maybe 4 - 6 years old, I was learning to ride a bike without the little balancing wheels, I rode straight to a spiky rose bush, and really deep in there.

-I was 13-14 years old at the time, and I was on a parking watch at our junior high school, as the playing field was made into a temporary parking area for cars as there was the annual huge marketplace event in my home village that apparently gathers people all over Finland, and past a certain line they don't allow cars due to the marketplace being so crowded with people it's impossible to even ride a bike. Anyway, I was on the watch there, doing my duty, and I was flipping around my new cheapie balisong I bought from said marketplace event yesterday when most of them were setting up and a lot of them were already open, I proceeded to test the sharpness of the blade by dragging the blade's edge along my left thumb, making a small but very visibly bleeding cut. It was stupid. And I had no band-aids or anything, so I just sucked the blood that came out of the thumb (and it actually tasted delicious). It healed up after a week or two with no visible scar.

Then something that didn't happen to me personally, but happened here some years ago when I had a few former friends on a sleepover:

There was 4 of us, including me, in my small room. The most obese one out of us all (he was over 90 kilograms, and this was in junior high school) was trying to walk out of the door where there was very little space, he accidentally pushed the 23" CRT TV on top of another guy that was sleeping right bellow it. He didn't get injured but he said it hurt like a b****. We all laughed about it though, including the victim.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Just realized that i could use the snapped knife to show how it looked (Without the blood obviously)

myl1gDQl.jpg

9" blade. (Pic on page 3 or 4) In between the tibia and the fibula. Snapped it somehow when i fell over on the way to the car.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just realized that i could use the snapped knife to show how it looked (Without the blood obviously)

myl1gDQl.jpg

9" blade. (Pic on page 3 or 4) In between the tibia and the fibula. Snapped it somehow when i fell over on the way to the car.

Eww, can imagine it with blood

I was on a paddle boat (the one that has a slide). Decided to have another go on the slide, but this time while standing up (I call it surfer style). Lost my balance at the end of the slide and didn't jump in the water but fell with my full mass on my arm (elbow) on the edge of the slide (I swear, thickest plastic ever). Ended having a cracked bone and with a cast for a few weeks. Still hurts a lot more when I hit something with my elbow compared to the other arm.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.