Experiences with non-techies

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

Google chrome just installed itself for the thousandth time.

This is why I will never use chrome on my PC, I keep getting it more than viruses.

Chrome for desktop safari for mobile. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Probably a virus. Chrome doesn't do that.

Thats what you think but it does. Its automatically installed with just about every needed utility or update to windows. Ive complained to them many times.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, themctipers said:

No. Opera for desktop. At least it doesnt install like a virus all the time.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

No. Opera for desktop. At least it doesnt install like a virus all the time.

For you 

isn't opera chrome but changed a bit?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

13 minutes ago, themctipers said:

9 minutes ago, themctipers said:

For you 

isn't opera chrome but changed a bit?

No theres a huge difference.

Opera isnt a self installing virus.

And youre not going to notice how bad and infective a virus google chrome is while you actually have it installed, because that's the only way to get it to not install itself.

Linus is my fetish.

8 minutes ago, Bhav said:

No theres a huge difference.

Opera isnt a self installing virus.

And youre not going to notice how bad and infective a virus google chrome is while you actually have it installed, because that's the only way to get it to not install itself.

Spoiler

Only for you..

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:
  Hide contents

Only for you..

Nope:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+stop+chrome+installing+itself&oq=how+to+stop+chrome+installing+itself&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.14586j0j4&client=tablet-android-nvidia&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Its an issue that even both microsoft and firefox have complained to google about, but they still wont do anything about it.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

Nope:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+stop+chrome+installing+itself&oq=how+to+stop+chrome+installing+itself&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.14586j0j4&client=tablet-android-nvidia&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Its an issue that even both microsoft and firefox have complained to google about, but they still wont do anything about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ never happened to me.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

@Bhav Have been using chrome ever since I owned a PC, and I install it on literally everything and recommend it to everybody that asks me about it.

Never had any issues with it, and I've never heard of anyone having that problem.

Are you sure you don't have some sort of malware on your PC that keeps doing this?

Highly possible that the other people had the same malware, considering only a very small percentage of people seem to have this issue.

Also, when using Google Advanced Search and searching for the past year, I can't find a single hit on your problem.

I think the problem is isolated to you and a few other people, noone else seems to have these issues.

Google Chrome just doesn't automatically install itself if your computer is functioning properly.

At the end he tries to explain what was going on but he thinks Win+R (run) is command line and that you can remote into a computer with one command

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

6 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

At the end he tries to explain what was going on but he thinks Win+R (run) is command line and that you can remote into a computer with one command

Lol yeah he was just trying to open event viewer. My guess is the scammer would do that show him all the errors going on and then tell him he needs to download something else (which is malware) to fix this. It would've been totally safe to type in eventvwr.

P.S. I remember watching this video a few months ago lol

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

Nope:

had that problem before, it turns out it's Windows' fault, it somehow shits itself when uninstalling Google Update ... so since Google Update isn't uninstalled it will reinstall Chrome. I've only encountered that problem with corrupted registry or with advance registry modifications (like moving the "users" folder from the default location, which was my problem, I had a small SSD so I had moved the program file and users folder to a regular HDD and Windows hated that!).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Thats what you think but it does. Its automatically installed with just about every needed utility or update to windows. Ive complained to them many times.

Sounds like a windows error, I have had this issue with older nvidia drivers that windows will not stop trying to install on my computer.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Read this article 

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/pc-gaming-is-still-way-too-hard

Painful and funny at the same time... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

27 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Read this article 

already posted lol

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

29 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Read this article 

try this. a guy analysed it

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/231624-is-it-too-hard-to-build-a-gaming-pc

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

3 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

already posted lol

Lol, didn't notice that ? ? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Gamer's Nexus debunked that 

Yea it generally only takes me <30 mins for a full build now, but thats once you know what your doing.

A first build can be very hard, but I used a forum when I did my first self build and got all the help I needed. Took maybe a couple of hours at most the first time, not 5 hours!

And thats back when cases were badly designed on the insides and had loads more sharp corners and finger traps, and none of the slide out trays or easy install bays we get today.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

Yea it generally only takes me <30 mins for a full build now, but thats once you know what your doing.

A first build can be very hard, but I used a forum when I did my first self build and got all the help I needed. Took maybe a couple of hours at most the first time, not 5 hours!

And thats back when cases were badly designed on the insides and had loads more sharp corners and finger traps, and none of the slide out trays or easy install bays we get today.

Took me 30 minutes to put on my 212x. xD 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

(Keep in mind this was in 2014) So this girl in one of my classes at school told me she wanted to build her own computer and asked me for help. I asked her what exactly she wanted to do on it, She replied by saying that she wanted a pc that is good for gaming. There was nothing going on in class so I proceeded to jump on amazon and long story short I ended up with 4 Titan Xs in sli, 128gb of corsair DDR4 2133mhz ram, an intel Core i7 5960x, an asus X99 motherboard, a pclabs case, and an corsair H100i. When I told her that I had it all picked out. She came over and saw that the amazon cart was litterally costing around $7000 she said that she would think about it. The next day she showed up with a 2013 Razer Blade.

3 minutes ago, dobo2001 said:

"4 Titan Xs in sli, 128gb of corsair DDR4 2133mhz ram, an intel Core i7 5960x, an asus X99 motherboard, a pclabs case, and an corsair H100i. "

Sounds like an LTT build.

It does