Worst company for RMA

Mightyinvader

Ok, GTX 970 G1 Gaming. 5 RMA. Only approximately 1 week of true performance before first card degraded to the point it couldn't run stable at stock (only a +150MHz/+12mv OC), 5th GTX 970 was the one I originally RMA'd (made a small mark in different locations on the stickers for each card). I haven't been able to contact them since (or get a refund).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I had to RMA an RoG laptop back in 2010 because the screen was bad.  I was very happy with ASUS.

I have not had a negative RMA experience to date.  Sapphire was great, ASUS was great, Gigabyte was really good (actually the fastest overall turn-around time).  I feel bad for people with bad experiences, but most of the time I think these companies really do try their best to satisfy the customer.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

isn't this more distributor duty to carry this kind of responsible?

I'm just saying since almost no direct retail selling from company here, they just outsource everything to 3rd party

for example, ECS reputation is kinda bad in US, but it's one of the best here, RMA is easy I've personally RMA 2 Motherboard last year, and it just trade-in simply as that.

Intel distributor on the other hand, they just flat out refuse to give any contact number through their retailer.

Asus/Asrock reputation is bad because the company who distribute them just can't handle customer service

same goes with ACER, with already low quality product combined with overwhelming product sales number resulting higher risk to their customer, everytime you deal with acer end up cost more money than getting their new products, and they encourage that.

edit BTW: thing such as lifetime warranty doesn't exist here.

lifetime product warranty really means "until the product is discontinued" for many companies. Others it is "until the product is discontinued and we are out of stock". So it is important to read the details.

Assuming it is the distributer in your region and not directly the manufacture. Who picks the distributer? The manufacture. So it is the manufcature responsibility.

Definitely Asus. Took them more than a month to fix/replace my old gtx560ti and all I got back was a refurbished/used card with oxidised copper stain and finger prints all over it. I even had to pay for the RMA process and send and collect it myself from the service centre. And fittingly anough Asus has one of the worst customer service/after sales support in Malaysia for pc/electronic stuffs. Samsung come close in 2nd.

they re-labeled as " Limited lifetime warranty " it doesn't matter if it's actually hold lifetime warranty (which about same 2-3years)

Valve...

Hehe, I actually don't have a good real one. I haven't had to RMA too many things. And the things I had to RMA have been dealt with very nicely.

Pebble, Nvidia, Logitech, Yall rock!

logitech 

a post from my facebook a while back, the case was shortly resolved after this but there was still some fighting involved I cant remember details though. repressed memory I guess.

-Open a tech support ticket about a defective product, it is stated they will get back to me in 2 days.

-Hear back in less then a day they give me some trouble shooting tips and then ask me for my address recept photos and all that, I comply mouse is still broken give them info.

-Don't hear back in 2 days

-Find out tech support on their site is down, told to email them to continue support

-I email them and get no reply.

-I email them again and again get no reply

-I go to twitter and complain publicly about their shit tech support they tell me to direct message them.

-They never follow me so I cant direct message them.

-Email again, no reply

-Go back to twitter and publicly complain more they follow me, we talk briefly ask for my case number and other info, tell them I cant find my case number because their stupid tech support tickets system is broken.

-Hunt a little more and find the number and send it to them

-get reply saying they need the reference number, despite the fact I have already given it to them. They go silent

-Start complaining again, in public and in messages and give them the support number for the 3rd time finally they get back to me and escalate my case.

-Get email when im at work in the email it states if I dont get back to them my case will be closed and I will get a survey about the customer support experience.

-I get home and check my emails and find they sent the survey a whole hour and a half after they got back to me, so from they looks of things im going to have to start this whole fucking process over to deal with yet another thing in a long line of defective logitech products.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I forgot to mention Logitech in my first post... not sure how I missed them.  I've had 2 keyboards and a headset go bad.  Could not ask for better customer support.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

was combing through my twitter apparently it was 2 weeks from initial contact to the point of "Start complaining again, in public and in messages and give them the support number for the 3rd time finally they get back to me and escalate my case." which imho is way to long for something like this. so it probably took me a month to get the new mouse starting to move to me.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Yeah, I completely forgot about Logitech too. I had a good experience with them surprisingly. Had a set of speakers, the old Z series 5.1s. The wired control pod went bad so I contacted them, they had me send it back. About two weeks later a huge friggin' box shows up. They sent a whole set of speakers instead of just a control pod so that was pretty awesome of them.

Had to send back an MX518 once too, but overall I think the most annoying part about that one was paying shipping to them, rest was easy.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

because when im frequently being jerked around by tech support from a company I more often then not get results but calling them out in a place the public can see. I hate dealing with the phone the only time I have a phone call is when im having a conversation with someone who doesnt have a cell phone or facebook, I dont like it and I get results im more pleased with though my comp be it via live chat, email, or twitter. 

System Specs

Had to send back an MX518 once too, but overall I think the most annoying part about that one was paying shipping to them, rest was easy.

That is a shame. Usually they ask you to cut the USB connector of the cord of the mouse, and ship that in an envelop as proof of purchase, if you don't have an invoice.

I know that Logitech warranty service changed a few times, and they tried different models, so it could be you being unlucky. The problem is that you have people trying to get extra hardware from Logitech as you don't normally need to send your faulty product to them, some people lie to get a second one, which they either resale or give away.

and you can link me to all the positive customer service links you want, the fact is this was without a single doubt the worst most headache inducing thing ive had to deal with when it comes to an RMA. and from a company this large its inexcusable as far as im concerned.  

System Specs

Side note on Logitech (kinda not relevant, but kinda is) - I worked at a Best Buy back in 2004 as a PT gig where I was going to College.  For some reason (I can't remember what the promotion was) we had a team of 3 Logitech reps come to our branch and train some of the staff on some of their newest computer peripherals.  They were amazing to work with and were awesome at explaining how/why they do things and how we could help every day customers with their products.  I realize this was really a testament to the individuals that came on site and not the company as a whole, but it was still a really great experience.

So sit-rep: 

Just about every major company. It really is personal experience.

System: Thinkpad T460

Asus was a little sloppy with a tablet I once bought...

Acer by far was the worst. Clearly a dying graphic card, kept reformatting the hard drive and called it "fixed"  -_-"

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Asus. Took two months to RMA workplace board under a business warranty. First board they sent did not make it past quality control at the vendor. No offer for compensation. I was very fortunate a hurricane hit my town so I was insured for a couple of weeks of no work.

Apple isn't great either if you live nowhere near an Aple Store or Authorised reseller.

So far.

Kingston. Since RMA is usually handled by stores here and Kingston doesn't allow direct RMA... The store where I bought SD card closed some time ago. Now I'm with broken card with unlimited warranty and closest store is 200km away.

Others would be Samsung. My phone has problems with overheating and internal memory corrupting. They claim nothing was wrong with it.

And Nokia. Got 2.5mm plug broken and stuck inside headphone header. They had it for 2 weeks and didn't get it out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

isn't this more distributor duty to carry this kind of responsible?

I'm just saying since almost no direct retail selling from company here, they just outsource everything to 3rd party

for example, ECS reputation is kinda bad in US, but it's one of the best here, RMA is easy I've personally RMA 2 Motherboard last year, and it just trade-in simply as that.

Intel distributor on the other hand, they just flat out refuse to give any contact number through their retailer.

Asus/Asrock reputation is bad because the company who distribute them just can't handle customer service

same goes with ACER, with already low quality product combined with overwhelming product sales number resulting higher risk to their customer, everytime you deal with acer end up cost more money than getting their new products, and they encourage that.

edit BTW: thing such as lifetime warranty doesn't exist here.

Pretty much this - very little of the RA's processed in Australia go straight to the manufacturer. Laptops and AIO's often get sent to the manufacturer but boards, GPU's etc often go back to the disti whether it be Synnex, Ingram etc. 

Probably Nokia. I had the headphone jack die on my Lumia 610, Is sent it in, 2 weeks later I get it back, they didn't wipe it (and it even has pictures from when it was in the repair place), and (as far as I can tell) it developed golden marks under the touch panel. It also had the issue with some pairs of headphones as well as it turned out.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Speedlink had the worst RMA'ing process. I sent back my Speedlink headset because somehow they swapped the left and right stereo channels. I went to their support site (which was English, German and Dutch together, ugh), they claimed they didn't manufacture the headset anymore, but still took it in for 'investigation'. In the end i just got my money back.

Tritton had a good customer support. Had a problem with a headset cable, they said I didn't have to send it in (apparently it was a known problem), and they sent me an new one packaged for free! However, that one also broke, so yeah. I'm just not buying anymore products from them.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I think the shop that you buy from should cover the RMA procedure and for the time being, they should give you a new item. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I think the shop that you buy from should cover the RMA procedure and for the time being, they should give you a new item. 

So damn true. they and the manufacture have way more money then the customers to burn. on shipping this junk back...

System Specs

Cooler master got kinda kinky one time

Are you sure you were calling the right number...? O.o

RMA doesn't seem to have much of a point in the UK. Invariably there is one RMA address in Europe, and it's always outside the European Union for tax reasons, so that involves paying the cost of international shipping of the item ourselves, which often ends up being more than we'd just spend buying a replacement.