Thought I might try out AMD , what CPU to buy ?

Topic tells my tale.

Trying AMD for the first time since my Athlon 64. 1,3GHz. 
What CPU to buy ? 

My budget is tight, so I am currently thinking about an upgrade package, wich is cheaper, and contains RAM,CPU and MOBO.

The CPU's I have lined up for u guys to rate are. 

FX-6300

FX-8350

A10-6800K

A8-6600K

Will use the computer with an GTX570 Graphics Card. And Boot SSD + HDD for storage and 8 GB of RAM.
Will use my computer for light gaming at a 1080p monitor. Running games like WoW, Skyrim, Borderlands, Portal, Thief, Dying Light and such. 

Please help me guys! 
Thanks in advance for ur posts! 

Get a 4690k.

Major AMD user here, the cpu's are not worht it

EDIT -GUYS LETS STOP LINKING VIDEOS FOR BENCHMARKS.

USE anandtech.com

AMD fx is a bunch of shit compared to Intel CPUs over the 80 dollar mark. Rendering makes sense, gaming doesn't.

I call my self a Radeon fanboy not an AMD one for a reason.

P.S.

TekSyndicates videos always have a bit of twist which makes benchmarks favor AMD.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Budget?

i5 4690K, if you can't afford it then save up for it.

AMD's CPUs are only good on the low budget side, on the mid-higher end side Intel is the best option.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

For the games you mentioned an i5 will run them much better than any of those AMD chips will. I'd look into Intel. If you want to try AMD again wait for Zen.

edit: Or if you're on a tight budget you could look into an Athlon X4 860k... better IPC than the FX series. But it has no upgrade path.

If it's AMD you want then get the FX 9590 if you can afford it, or else the 8350. Don't bother with APUs (A series) when you have a graphics card

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

If it's AMD you want then get the FX 9590 if you can afford it, or else the 8350. Don't bother with APUs (A series) when you have a graphics card

The FX 9590 should have no place in AMD's market. It's a failure of a chip. Power hungry behemoth which requires extensive cooling and a beefy motherboard to run well. It makes no sense to get when you can get the FX 8 series for a fraction of the price, which is the exact same chip (maybe not as well binned), or a Haswell i7 system for the same/cheaper price which will be better in every way.

The FX 9590 should have no place in AMD's market. It's a failure of a chip. Power hungry behemoth which requires extensive cooling and a beefy motherboard to run well. It makes no sense to get when you can get the FX 8 series for a fraction of the price, which is the exact same chip (maybe not as well binned), or a Haswell i7 system for the same/cheaper price which will be better in every way.

He wants AMD specifically, and don't be so hard on the 9590, you can get it in some places for less than $300 now. 

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

FX-6300

FX-8350

A10-6800K

A8-6600K

Running games like WoW, Skyrim, Borderlands, Portal, Thief, Dying Light and such.

A core i3 flatout outperform any of these chips in those games, regardless of their clockspeeds...it also consume a lot less energy and offer a great upgrade path on a modern socket that is not dead...no brainer here.

Couldnt have picked a worst time in history to go AMD to be honest...if you don't care about poor performance you could go with the athlon 860K it will be cheaper but will perform a lot worse...

I recommend you look for a core i3-4150 and a cheap H97 motherboard.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

A core i3 flatout outperform any of these chips in those games, regardless of their clockspeeds...it also consume a lot less energy and offer a great upgrade path on a modern socket that is not dead...no brainer here.

BS, i'd like to see an i3 out perform a 8350. Especially with the overclock room available. 

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

BS, i'd like to see an i3 out perform a 8350. Especially with the overclock room available.

The core i3 play even modern multi-threaded titles better...here is an example, 8 threads used on the FX-8350, can't manage to edge out the i3-43XX

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/assassin-s-creed-unity-test-gpu.html

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

there you go...all the games that have been tested in 2014 (all games from the year 2014)

http://gamegpu.ru/test-video-cards/igry-2014-goda-protiv-protsessorov-test-gpu.html

In case you don't want to analyse each and every single graphs and see how often does the core i3 beat the AMD solutions, here is a summary, all the games compiled into one monster graph:

See that? the core i3-4330 beat the AMD FX-8350 and those are ALL multi-threaded games released in 2014...no ARMA, no plnetside 2 no MMO's no shit like that...all modern AAA titles.

And look at the FX-6300...how deep that part fall behind in modern games...being edged out even by the core i3-2100 which is a 2 generations old part from intel now.

So, what do you have to say now?

And the FX-8350 will end up costing even more than a core i5-4460 and a cheap H series board once you've factored in a proper motherboard to run the thing and overclock it and a good aftermarket CPU cooling solution...the core i3 does beat it in 9 games out of 10 using the boxed heatsink and a cheap 50$ motherboard...and is not on a dead socket missing a ton of modern features namely pCIE3.0, mSATA, m.2 etc.

Core i3 also consume a lot less and has an excellent upgrade path if needed in the future...it's just plain a much better choice for gaming...i know, i owned an FX-8320.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Get the 860k. I have it, absolutely 0 regrets. 

HKaftermath on TY

Dyling light prefers superior IPC over core count. Without a doubt the i3 will run better in many games which aren't optimized for the FX's architecture.

amd.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dying-light-benchmark-performance-analysis,4060-4.html

The core i3 play even modern multi-threaded titles better...here is an example, 8 threads used on the FX-8350, can't manage to edge out the i3-43XX

there you go...all the games that have been tested in 2014 (all games from the year 2014)

http://gamegpu.ru/test-video-cards/igry-2014-goda-protiv-protsessorov-test-gpu.html

In case you don't want to analyse each and every single graphs and see how often does the core i3 beat the AMD solutions, here is a summary, all the games compiled into one monster graph:

See that? the core i3-4330 beat the AMD FX-8350 and those are ALL multi-threaded games released in 2014...no ARMA, no plnetside 2 no MMO's no shit like that...all modern AAA titles.

And look at the FX-6300...how deep that part fall behind in modern games...being edged out even by the core i3-2100 which is a 2 generations old part from intel now.

And the FX-8350 will end up costing even more than a core i5-4460 and a cheap H series board once you've factored in a proper motherboard to run the thing and overclock it and a good aftermarket CPU cooling solution...the core i3 does beat it in 9 games out of 10 using the boxed heatsink and a cheap 50$ motherboard...and is not on a dead socket missing a ton of modern features namely pCIE3.0, mSATA, m.2 etc.

Core i3 also consume a lot less and has an excellent upgrade path if needed in the future...it's just plain a much better choice for gaming...i know, i owned an FX-8320.

Ok, the facts speak for themselves. But I don't see overclocking mentioned there - which is a major incentive to buy the 8350. I have mine up at 4.5Ghz from the stock 3.5

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Ok, the facts speak for themselves. But I don't see overclocking mentioned there - which is a major incentive to buy the 8350. I have mine up at 4.5Ghz from the stock 3.5

Well...the FX-9590 is 4.7ghz with 5.0ghz turbo boost...that's an insane overclock and it won't do much better...

i had mine at 4.6ghz and still it wasnt great, bottlenecked my GTX 780 in many games to the point i had to upgrade this only 3 months after buying it! (not saying the core i3 is a good match for a GTX 780, cause it's not...it will ALSO bottleneck such a GPU)

Also as i said the FX need a good board in order to overclock, and then a good cpu cooling solution...and now you're in the price range of an i5-4460 or i5-4590 and a cheap H97 board...not worth it for gamers IN ANY CASE.

i had mine at 4.6ghz and still it wasnt great, bottlenecked my GTX 780 in many games to the point i had to upgrade this only 3 months after buying it!

Also as i said the FX need a good board in order to overclock, and then a good cpu cooling solution...and now you're in the price range of an i5-4460 or i5-4590 and a cheap H97 board...not worth it for gamers IN ANY CASE.

Hey, he's the one who said he wants AMD, not me. I would have Intel myself if I could. I'm just saying that the 8350 isn't as bad as people like to say

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Hey, he's the one who said he wants AMD, not me. I would have Intel myself if I could. I'm just saying that the 8350 isn't as bad as people like to say

i think it's in fact even worse than what people say...i owned one!

AMD is great at the sub 80$ price range, the Athlon 860K is swift for it's price...after that it's i3, i5 and i7 all the way.

I've had an FX-8320 for a few years now and I love it, price per performance is great, gotta love those 8 cores.  :P

I'd pick the 8350 if I was you.

Topic tells my tale.

What CPU to buy ? 

My budget is tight, so I am currently thinking about an upgrade package, wich is cheaper, and contains RAM,CPU and MOBO.

FX-6300

FX-8350

A10-6800K

A8-6600K

Will use the computer with an GTX570 Graphics Card. And Boot SSD + HDD for storage and 8 GB of RAM.

Will use my computer for light gaming at a 1080p monitor. Running games like WoW, Skyrim, Borderlands, Portal, Thief, Dying Light and such. 

Please help me guys! 

Trying to keep cheap? FX 6300, it may not perform as well as the Intel CPUs but it is great for its price and budget builds

Topic tells my tale.

What CPU to buy ? 

FX-6300

FX-8350

A10-6800K

A8-6600K

Please help me guys! 

For the games you want, I'd HIGHLY suggest Intel, but if you really want AMD for some reason, go with the 8350 (8320 is a better value most of the time though, it's the same CPU just lower clocked).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

I found this video interesting. I mean i am happy with my intel setup. But Amd isn't that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4et7kDGSRfc

I wonder how many people that ran benchmarks on Amd cpus went back and installed the ypdates they talk about in the second video around the 4:20ish second mask? I to have used Amd in the past and after taking a long break from pc gaming came back and built the pc in my sig. I wish i would have seen these videos before hand because i would have a 8370 or 9590 right now. I might still build a Amd setup just to show some love to the tech gods.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

I found this video interesting. I mean i am happy with my intel setup. But Amd isn't that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4et7kDGSRfc

I wonder how many people that ran benchmarks on Amd cpus went back and installed the ypdates they talk about in the second video around the 4:20ish second mask? I to have used Amd in the past and after taking a long break from pc gaming came back and built the pc in my sig. I wish i would have seen these videos before hand because i would have a 8370 or 9590 right now. I might still build a Amd setup just to show some love to the tech gods.

this is a very old controversed video he tested with GTX 670 which is considered low end nowadays and this fix is now included in windows 7 and windows 8 updates..these videos are the worst ever made never link them again!

Of course any ''somewhat'' modern CPU will perform nearly identical with such a GPU...they can all max out the GTX 670 at 1080p in multi-threaded games...even a stock FX-4300 will perform the same as a i7-5960X in such conditions.

i think it's in fact even worse than what people say...i owned one!

AMD is great at the sub 80$ price range, the Athlon 860K is swift for it's price...after that it's i3, i5 and i7 all the way.

Just please look at the title of the thread

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Ok tell a mod to remove my link feature.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU