Scrapyard Wars Episode 1a

I hope you actually do some dumpster diving, alot of computers get thrown out that are actually still good

Dumpster dive outside Ncix  :D

I wonder if it was Linus who emailed me the other day about my hd 7950 for sale lmao

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

This was an awesome idea! I was waiting for you guys to make something like this!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Great idea for a video/s. I like it. Also it was pleasing to see, that I am not the only person resellers think are stupit in hardware lol. I feel sorry for Linus, great comedy :D

He's got a monostrap bag...

My monstrap bag is starting to fall apart...

linus where'd ya get the bag! (or if anyone else knows about the bag and if it's good that'd be nice)

epic series, i love this idea  :D

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

This is great. Keep doing these videos. I've done second hand scrounging a lot. It's fun to see what you can get. I loved the video. Maybe do giveaways for these systems?

Looks like it's going to be a great series.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I'm just going to label all jokes with /joke from now on.

/joke

just use /s

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Am I the only one expecting Linus to cheat somehow?

And this is awesome.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Man this was awesome, better than the rednecks of history channel.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Linus, are you going to make a review of the Arozzi Torretta gaming chair seen in this episode?

I have been eyeing it for some time, but I was unable to find any video reviews of it or reviews in general.

Cool Series!

But I think the rigs will be bottlenecked by the cpu. But hey, if you have no time and money, you've to take, what you get.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

Pretty cool thing you are doing. An idea for if you repeat this sort of thing is get someone else to come up with the benchmark. But not to announce the benchmark until the end of the build or during the tweaking phase.

Funny I'm watching this vid on basically the same system that Luke just bought. E8400 with Gold OCZ ram and I'm able to game with Titanfall on medium to high settings and FFXIV on all high settings.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

If you guys will allow it I have some constructive criticism for this series.

First, please tell us when the next one is coming out in the video. Tell us it is a weekly series.. I did not see that anywhere in the video.

Second, stop making parts based solely on the chronological order of things.

Think about the many parts of the iMac review, each had a theme, a purpose.

This series should have followed the same idea.

Part 1: SCAVENGING! - Everything covered in todays video and everything up to the point where all the parts are in your hands 

Part 2: BUILDING! - Putting everything together, realizing it doesn't work and overclocking it

Part 3: CHALLENGING! - All the fighting and benchmarking and wrap up

Rather than the current format which appears to be

Part 1: DAY ONE

Part 2: DAY TWO

Part 3: ALL THE EXCITING STUFF THAT WE ACTUALLY WANTED TO SEE.

Anyone else agree with me?