Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HmmR

PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

the frame rate one is a con because its 30 on most games

30 locked is not that bad compared to 30 on a pc i have a pc and a console so

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

True, on PC u notice it more due to the lower latency and higher refresh rate of the monitors 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

TSM

Intel i7-7770K | Asus Maximus X Hero  | EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked | 16GB Memory| Samsung 960 EVO M.2 | Corsair RM 750W | Dell 27" S2716DG main display | Dual Dell ST2320L 23" Secondary displays | Windows 10

Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Logitech G502 mouse | Kingston HyperX Cloud headset | Corsair H100i 

60 is still allot better that 30 and if console had 60 for a week i guarentee you you woudnt want to go back

My Personal PC 'Apex' http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5244127

Intel Core i7 6800k, ASUS x99 Strix ROG, GTX 980 2-Way SLI, 7x SP120, Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5, HX 850i, 16GB Vengance @ 3000MHZ, 256GB & 500GB SSD, 1TB WD BLACK http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/cYZDgs

My reasoning for disgust towards consoles is simple. Most AAA titles are developed with consoles in mind. Take them out of the equation and all of the sudden you get games with Far improved graphic quality / customization options. Most of these "console ports" have minimal option settings. low med high ultra with a few sliders in-between. Take those same games and gear them for PC and devs would add FAR more customization. If people want to game at 30 fps and are content i don't really care. Like i don't care if you drive a ford pinto. but a ford pinto doesn't affect my cars performance. 

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

Am I on pc master race subreddit?

There isn't any up-tipping. 

m'lady

Intel Core i7 5820K | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS RVE | Trident Z 3200MHz 4x4GB | GTX 980 K|NGP|N 2-Way SLi

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Black 32GB | Exynos 8890 Octa | SanDisk Ultra 200GB SDXC

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Valley | Superposition

these post crack me up. What a lot of people forget is running games at console like setting does not require a whole lot of anything.

I am building a test PC for work and decided to mess around with it before I deployed it. so I started tossing in some older GPUs I have. I was pretty shocked at the results I got.

I tested @ 720p because sitting 10 feet away from a 37" TV, 720p looks just fine to me. I may bump it up to 1080p when I get some more time.

PC Specs:
Intel G3220 - ~55$

Gigabyte GA-b85m-d3h - ~$80

4GB - of the cheapest crucial ram I could find - ~$40

GPUs - 7950GT, 8800 GT, GTX 275, GTX285. (soon ill test an x850 XT & maybe my GTX 660)

I tossed in a 8800GT and benched a few games.

Tomb Raider 2013  held 60 FPS on high settings @ 720p.

Grid auto sport was ~ 45 FPS @ med/high @ 720p.

Then I tossed in a GTX 285.

TR averaged over 85FPS on high @ 720p.

Grid averaged about 55-60FPS. @ 720p.

I had also tested a 7950 GT and A GTX 275. those results fall pretty much where you would expect them to fall.

Sure that CPU struggled with grid because it is only a dual core. but replace the MB and CPU with the cheap-o AMD quad or an i3 and you will see a nice jump in that or any other game that can use/needs a quad core.

I was pretty shocked at how well this potato hardware could run games. sure it probably wont last for 6 years but I doubt the current gen of consoles will either. I don't know what to take from this. Are CPUs really not that important when it comes to gaming or do old GPUs still sort of kick ass? sure my test are super ruff. but that was the point. I wanted a ruff idea of how an old GPU would do in a more modern system. the fact it was an budge PC only made me want to test with newer GPUs and even older ones.

If I built a $400 gaming PC I know I would be pretty impressed by what id actually get from it. dollar for dollar it just goes further on a PC. Games are cheap, Cheap hardware can go a long way.

If you like to game and also tinker,mod and just have the option to do something beyond gaming a PC is great.

if you only want to game and only play a few games and don't care how much they cost and don't really care about playing old games than a console is great.

I guess what we all can agree on is the xb1 is pretty much shit.

Main PC(Liquid cooled HAF-XB): The Green Monster

Backup PC:Evga X58 SLi, i7 920, GTX 660, 12GB DDR3 1600, CM HAF-X NV-edition

"Are u existed that u can stream games to pc from xboxone?"

I thought it was the other way around? Stream PC to xbone?

In any case...

PC for everything...

Entertainment : Easier to browse the web, faster access to websites(internet access on console is just... slow), have all the media you want in any format you want without having to convert anything, create your own content.

Exclusive : Biggest backward compatible library than any consoles ever, massive amount of exclusives that consoles can only dream to have (mostly indie but a few AAA too)

Better for gaming : PC. A gamepad has it's uses, but a keyboard and mouse will almost always be superior, especially in any games that involve shooting/precise camera movement.

PC might cost a bit more at the start, but considering how much more you can do with it and how much cheaper our games tend to be, in the end it even out.

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

It's starting. Get ready for war!

Project Virtus:

CPU: i7-4790K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5 Memory:  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4 Case: Corsair Spec-02 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2

Taken that most of the Linus Tech Tips community are a part of the PC-masterrace these numbers doesn't surprise me at all. What we should do is to make mainstream news make such a poll to get an idea of how the general population thinks. What did I just say, make mainstream news do anything remotely scientific about technology, I must be high... 

Written by Kasper Fredenslund

"Are u existed that u can stream games to pc from xboxone?"

I thought it was the other way around? Stream PC to xbone?

In any case...

PC for everything...

Entertainment : Easier to browse the web, faster access to websites(internet access on console is just... slow), have all the media you want in any format you want without having to convert anything, create your own content.

Exclusive : Biggest backward compatible library than any consoles ever, massive amount of exclusives that consoles can only dream to have (mostly indie but a few AAA too)

Better for gaming : PC. A gamepad has it's uses, but a keyboard and mouse will almost always be superior, especially in any games that involve shooting/precise camera movement.

PC might cost a bit more at the start, but considering how much more you can do with it and how much cheaper our games tend to be, in the end it even out.

'Exclusive : Biggest backward compatible library than any consoles ever, massive amount of exclusives that consoles can only dream to have (mostly indie but a few AAA too)'

All consoles ever combined*

Written by Kasper Fredenslund

PS4 and Xbox One here in Australia is $600-700. My PC initially was $700 and already 2.5 times more powerful than the PS4 (FX-8350, R9 270X).

So which one is the most obvious choice?

Ehh graphics in the PS4 is basically a R9 270X..but idk why the PS4 runs in a lower resolution. 

of course im gonna say pc but im started to wonder if i should just go for a ps4.

think about, we pay big $$$ to play games and they  are just dishing out shitty console ports left and right nowadays. makes me kinda urked that a ps4 can play some games better than my gaming pc can play them.

plus i want to play  ff15, and ufc.

shit now i have to have both pc and ps4 :D

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

I think consoles are good for people with tighter budgets, and people who love HALO, like me.but if u can get a pc lol

Handle every stressful situation like a dog; if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

I am surprised people honestly think that pc has the best exclusives. 95% of just indie games. Of any console ever I think ps3 still has by miles the best exclusives. 

Intel 4790k@4.7Ghz - Corsair H110 - Evga Gtx 1070 FTW @2.1Ghz - Gigabyte z87x D3H - Adata xpgV2 1600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 2Tb WD Red - NZXT s340

I am surprised people honestly think that pc has the best exclusives. 95% of just indie games. Of any console ever I think ps3 still has by miles the best exclusives. 

Consoles started exclusives in the first place to attract people to them. Of course, no matter how hard companies try, they will never be able to have the same amount of 'exclusives' as a PC, for the sheer fact that there is a lot less crap to go through to develop a game for PC, sure a game for consoles is made for just the single console, but when the hardware itself is so far removed from what most devs would normally use, not as many will create games for them. The day I see any console with more 'exclusives' than PCs-or even more games than PCs, is the day that I check myself into a mental hospital.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Consoles started exclusives in the first place to attract people to them. Of course, no matter how hard companies try, they will never be able to have the same amount of 'exclusives' as a PC, for the sheer fact that there is a lot less crap to go through to develop a game for PC, sure a game for consoles is made for just the single console, but when the hardware itself is so far removed from what most devs would normally use, not as many will create games for them. The day I see any console with more 'exclusives' than PCs-or even more games than PCs, is the day that I check myself into a mental hospital.

Umm, the best exclusives. Not the most. It's pretty obvious pc has the most. But most of them are crap.

Intel 4790k@4.7Ghz - Corsair H110 - Evga Gtx 1070 FTW @2.1Ghz - Gigabyte z87x D3H - Adata xpgV2 1600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 2Tb WD Red - NZXT s340

Ok let's put some fire on it since it's meant to be like that...

attachicon.gifPcmaster_1.png

I need to make one of those for the glory days of consoles-with the title 'In ancient times, consoles were superior'

Umm, the best exclusives. Not the most. It's pretty obvious pc has the most. But most of them are crap.

They are crap because that's the way console manufacturers want it. Example: Microsoft released Halo 1 and 2 on PC, and then realized that in doing so they would lose console sales, so what happened? No more Halo games got released on PC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I second this. Our exclusives are currently a load of crappy indie games and the occasional gem.

I need to make one of those for the glory days of consoles-with the title 'In ancient times, consoles were superior'

LOL, few weeks ago i also found a PC Gaming MR Poem :P

Don't get mad, get even...

They are crap because that's the way console manufacturers want it. Example: Microsoft released Halo 1 and 2 on PC, and then realized that in doing so they would lose console sales, so what happened? No more Halo games got released on PC.

The reasons don't make the ps3 exclusives any less better. They are still better lol. 360 and ps2 had some legendary exclusives too.

PC can run games from old consoles and DOS, it gets new stuff first, consoles are lagging behind, PC is cheaper both long term and short term, PC has more games, you can do more with a PC, shall I continue?

The Knightmare MK II: Motherboard: Asrock 960GM-VGS3 FX, CPU: AMD Athlon II 2.8Ghz Dual Core, RAM: Crucial DDR3 4GB 1600Mhz, Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 750 SC, Storage: 80GB HDD from an old acer T180,128GB KingFast SSD, 250GB HDD from a Toshiba Satellite, Power Supply Unit: Cooler Master 500W 12V Elite, Case: Acer T180, OS: Windows 7, Windows XP

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15