PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

PC is good for:

• High framerates low temps(most of the time
  • keyboard and mouse support
  • TONS of games
  • backwards compatibility with most older games+emulators
  • customability. You can make your PC fit your needs perfectly and have all the bling and blinky lights you want.                                              

What consoles are good for.

• Being able to sitdown and just play. No messing with settings
  • Use of a controller. I actually like controllers for alot of games.
  • Exclusive titles
  • Out of the box experience. You turn it on, it does some updates and you are good to go.
  • Fair gameplay. It is alot harder to use hacks with a console then a PC.

What are bananas useful for:

• for size comparison (use your imagination)
  • A delicious snack
  • Filled with potasium
  • Who doesn't like mushy yellow fruit?!?!?!?!
Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Well it is quite easy, I see loads of people coming up with builds with a minor difference of 50$ compared to a console price.

Show me and don't forget to include the OS.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Show me and don't forget to include the OS.

Cracked Windows or Linux free. So no needs OS, I will try and find one tonight, I'm at school right now.

Cracked Windows or Linux free. So no needs OS, I will try and find one tonight, I'm at school right now.

Cracked windows is illegal, Linux won't do it, not all modern games, AAA titles available on Linux, getting Linux for a gaming PC is stupid.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

PCMASTERRACE!!!

PCMASTERRACE!!!

PCMASTERRACE!!!

PCMASTERRACE!!!

PCMASTERRACE!!!

I may or may not have created a macro just for this post...

In all seriousness, consoles and PCs have their places. Each has a clear purpose.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

(its exited not existed)as i see people rage in youtube comments which they like

i wanted to know which is best according to you and why?

the pc or ps4 or xboxone 

I actually just did a 10 page term paper for my college English Composition II class that outlines all of the points you are asking and even breaks down the average 2 year cost of ownership for all three Xbox One, PS4, and pc. I landed a 97.4 A on that paper with some help from some of the people here. I will tell you not being bias in any way just looking at all of the information that I came across and compiled for my paper that the pc wins the 2 year cost of ownership by a minimum of $500.

PC for all.

Now stop starting flame wars by asking stupid questions to a forum full of PC gamers.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

PC for all.

Now stop starting flame wars by asking stupid questions to a forum full of PC gamers.

not everyone plays PC games  ;)

there is no such thing as a PC vs. Console war on a PC-centric forum; its more of a roflstomp. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I honestly prefer PC. I have nothing against consoles, anyone that hates consoles should be less of an ignorant fanboy.

P.S. I own a PS2 to 4, and love them.

I loved consoles up until this most recent generation, but now you couldn't pay me enough to touch an Xbox One or a PS4 now since I owned a Xbox One for about 8 months. The older legacy consoles I still play to this day and my favorite is the Atari 2600 hands down, Pong in my opinion is the best game ever made. I know about 30-40 years old but still an amazing game even though its probably the simplest game ever made.

I just found this thread, and it was as expected. A bunch of fucking people arguing about something completely trivial.

No one cares what platform you think is the best, just like no one around here cares how short your dick is. People make choices based upon what they want, not what is best. Why do you think so many people use top-tier MacBooks and iMacs for internet browsing when they could do the same on a $300 Chromebook? In some cases, people do need to be educated on what is right and wrong, but that's when there is clearly something wrong. The consoles are better than PCs in a lot of aspects, and the PC is better than consoles in others. But either way, most people don't give a damn. They will buy what they want. I own both the Xbox One and PS4. I will say I dislike the PS4 because the available games don't really interest me, but I love the Xbox One for the UI and the available titles. At the end of the day, why the fuck do you guys care so much about what someone chooses to play on? You're like a bunch of hardcore politicians, looking to fufill your agenda to find self-pleasure instead of enjoying what you do. Give it up, take a step back and embrace the platform you chose instead of shunning others for not doing the same as you.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

not everyone plays PC games  ;)

Yeah, but this forum is around 90% or so PC gamers.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Okay please no hate but I have been waiting to express my opinion for so long.

Console Pros:

It works (no/barely any crashing, no error on startup just install and play)

Usually consistent frame rate

Usually optimized better than PC

It will run any game released for it until the next console arrives (no upgrading)

Easy as heck to use (better for new people to gaming)

No having to go through settings for ages

Easier to play with friends

PC Pros:

Superior Quality

Better for Tech Guys who enjoy upgrading

Many more games

MODS MODS MODS

Can destroy old games that consoles in the day couldn't

The support for anything new that arises without waiting 6-10 Years(4K, MFAA, TXAA etc)

Games are MUCH cheaper

You can customize your PC to what YOU want.

Most people have Mics so communication is bigger

Communication is higher quality

Anyone who flat up says console gaming is pathetic and isn't good for anything needs to stop being an ignorant elitist poo. Respect that both have advantages.

I just found this thread, and it was as expected. A bunch of fucking people arguing about something completely trivial.

No one cares what platform you think is the best, just like no one around here cares how short your dick is. People make choices based upon what they want, not what is best. Why do you think so many people use top-tier MacBooks and iMacs for internet browsing when they could do the same on a $300 Chromebook? In some cases, people do need to be educated on what is right and wrong, but that's when there is clearly something wrong. The consoles are better than PCs in a lot of aspects, and the PC is better than consoles in others. But either way, most people don't give a damn. They will buy what they want. I own both the Xbox One and PS4. I will say I dislike the PS4 because the available games don't really interest me, but I love the Xbox One for the UI and the available titles. At the end of the day, why the fuck do you guys care so much about what someone chooses to play on? You're like a bunch of hardcore politicians, looking to fufill your agenda to find self-pleasure instead of enjoying what you do. Give it up, take a step back and embrace the platform you chose instead of shunning others for not doing the same as you.

amen-brother.jpg

Okay please no hate but I have been waiting to express my opinion for so long.

Console Pros:
It works (no/barely any crashing, no error on startup just install and play)
Usually consistent frame rate
Usually optimized better than PC
It will run any game released for it until the next console arrives (no upgrading)
Easy as heck to use (better for new people to gaming)
No having to go through settings for ages
Easier to play with friends

PC Pros:
Superior Quality
Better for Tech Guys who enjoy upgrading
Many more games
MODS MODS MODS
Can destroy old games that consoles in the day couldn't
The support for anything new that arises without waiting 6-10 Years(4K, MFAA, TXAA etc)
Games are MUCH cheaper
You can customize your PC to what YOU want.
Most people have Mics so communication is bigger
Communication is higher quality

Respect that both have advantages.
Feel free to express your opinion but anyone who produces a bias or fanboy opinion WILL be ignored.

Yeah, but this forum is around 90% or so PC gamers.

How do you know that? just let it go mate  ;)

Not another console vs pc post  :rolleyes:

-snip-

Are there not enough of these threads already?

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

the frame rate one is a con because its 30 on most games

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Consoles are cool because they have always tried to get online gaming easier for the masses.

Think about it, back in the day you had to look up IP and connect and stuff.. Now it is just pressing a button.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I think that soon people that where neutral will start raging because we all know that both have pros and cons. 

Probably I just wanted to stop Elitists. Probably too late for that anyway but it's the thought that counts.

You can't stop elitists. Trying is pointless. Making this thread fuels the fire -_-

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum