PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

I guess you thought all games cost 60$, now games on PlayStation store they have pretty good deals and sales, PS+ is also a great service that gives you extra deals and free games for the duration for a month also the games they offer are pretty good, I know paying for online is bullshit but PS+ is a great service.

The average cost of a game was taken into account but there are far more costs associated with each console platform than people think about. Yes for the paper since the average cost of a game on console is $60 that was used but also I used an average of $30 per game for pc since the indie games, F2P games, and AAA titles average out somewhere around $25-35 so I used the mid-ground of $30 for my comparison. But I used the same exact number of games for both platforms of only 6 to highlight that a little so it was only $180 difference on the games front.

You would probably be surprised but according to the research I did the average pc gamer only buys on average 2 AAA titles per year vs. the average console gamer buys 4 or more AAA (full price) titles per year

The average cost of a game was taken into account but there are far more costs associated with each console platform than people think about. Yes for the paper since the average cost of a game on console is $60 that was used but also I used an average of $30 per game for pc since the indie games, F2P games, and AAA titles average out somewhere around $25-35 so I used the mid-ground of $30 for my comparison. But I used the same exact number of games for both platforms of only 6 to highlight that a little so it was only $180 difference on the games front.

So you didn't take sales into account ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Oh so I am a console peasant when I no longer own a console? Makes sense.

See yourself out please.

Herein lies evidence of the real problem with the console vs PC debate: people take themselves too seriously...

No I did not. I just used what I found researching gaming habits of both console and pc gamers that the average console gamer buys 4+ AAA (full price) titles per year and the average pc gamer only buys 2 AAA (full price) titles per year. I know there is probably a way to dive deeper but I only had 3 weeks to research and write this paper I used what I could find in 2 weeks to write this paper. And to be honest according my sources that I used the average gamer buys 6 games in total per year and I did not want games to make up a massive chunk of the cost difference I only used 6 total games for the comparison. And these figures were $60 for the average console game and $30 for the average pc game. To be honest I inflated the cost of the average pc game as well since I figured a full $30 for each game even though people play games like Hearthstone, Dota 2, or League of Legends and never spend a dime on those games, but I did this to make it more fair.

Consoles have 2 advantages,

simplicity

exclusives, which don't really count because they're artificial, they're made exclusive to be a selling point for that consoles.

That's it. PC is an overall better experience, and an overall better investment. My PC will last FAR longer than any console generation will, and will be able to play way more games than any single generation of consoles.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Console Pros:

It works (no/barely any crashing, no error on startup just install and play)

Usually consistent frame rate

Usually optimized better than PC

It will run any game released for it until the next console arrives (no upgrading)

Easy as heck to use (better for new people to gaming)

No having to go through settings for ages

Easier to play with friends

1) I can't necessarily speak for absolutely everyone, but I've never had a problem with my computers crashing (knock on wood), but I've had two Xboxs give me the RROD.

2) Play on suitable settings, you'll get stable fps. I've played on some shitty AMD processor and an HD5570 with no complains up until I recently bought and build my new rig.

3) This one I agree with. PC gets shafted sometimes on optimization and ports.

4) Realistically since your console will run everything in its lifespan, your PC should be able to as well considering you can upgrade to specs that are on or above console level if you don't have those specs already. I'm pretty sure consoles run a lot of games at low settings, most modern day PC specs can run nearly everything at low settings.

5) I think this depends on the person. As someone that was already familiar with Windows and running programs when I stepped into PC gaming, I found that using steam was not difficult whatsoever, and I found it to be more organized and speedy than the console UIs.

6) I don't think I've ever had to go through settings for an extended amount of time to where it's annoying. Most games set my servings automatically to something where the game would be 100% playable.

7) This one depends on the person as well. I hate Xbox Live. It's shit, and simply not as good as Mumble, Teamspeak, etc. plus, when I'm on PC I don't get repeatedly disconnected like I do on Xbox because their servers are shit I guess.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

No I did not. I just used what I found researching gaming habits of both console and pc gamers that the average console gamer buys 4+ AAA (full price) titles per year and the average pc gamer only buys 2 AAA (full price) titles per year. I know there is probably a way to dive deeper but I only had 3 weeks to research and write this paper I used what I could find in 2 weeks to write this paper. And to be honest according my sources that I used the average gamer buys 6 games in total per year and I did not want games to make up a massive chunk of the cost difference I only used 6 total games for the comparison. And these figures were $60 for the average console game and $30 for the average pc game. To be honest I inflated the cost of the average pc game as well since I figured a full $30 for each game even though people play games like Hearthstone, Dota 2, or League of Legends and never spend a dime on those games, but I did this to make it more fair.

Seems good, I think with pirating taken in consideration the PC games cost must be higher since a lot of PC gamers pirate, but that wont make since would it ??? I mean their pirating it and a pirated version doesn't equate to a sold game so ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

But here is something else I did not put into my paper neither that I should have but I felt it would make me seem to bias towards one or the other. But the average console gamer also purchases a laptop or desktop pc for their home as well which in turn is at minimum of an additional $400 while the average pc gamer only owns the pc. So to be honest I actually gave the consoles a major break in that aspect.

1) I can't necessarily speak for absolutely everyone, but I've never had a problem with my computers crashing (knock on wood), but I've had two Xboxs give me the RROD.

2) Play on suitable settings, you'll get stable fps. I've played on some shitty AMD processor and an HD5570 with no complains up until I recently bought and build my new rig.

3) This one I agree with. PC gets shafted sometimes on optimization and ports.

4) Realistically since your console will run everything in its lifespan, your PC should be able to as well considering you can upgrade to specs that are on or above console level if you don't have those specs already. I'm pretty sure consoles run a lot of games at low settings, most modern day PC specs can run nearly everything at low settings.

5) I think this depends on the person. As someone that was already familiar with Windows and running programs when I stepped into PC gaming, I found that using steam was not difficult whatsoever, and I found it to be more organized and speedy than the console UIs.

6) I don't think I've ever had to go through settings for an extended amount of time to where it's annoying. Most games set my servings automatically to something where the game would be 100% playable.

7) This one depends on the person as well. I hate Xbox Live. It's shit, and simply not as good as Mumble, Teamspeak, etc. plus, when I'm on PC I don't get repeatedly disconnected like I do on Xbox because their servers are shit I guess.

By easier I mean for someone to learn.

I can't tell you how many people get confused when I try to teach them teamspeak.

Okay please no hate but I have been waiting to express my opinion for so long.

Console Pros:

It works (no/barely any crashing, no error on startup just install and play)

Usually consistent frame rate

Usually optimized better than PC

It will run any game released for it until the next console arrives (no upgrading)

Easy as heck to use (better for new people to gaming)

No having to go through settings for ages

Easier to play with friends

PC Pros:

Superior Quality

Better for Tech Guys who enjoy upgrading

Many more games

MODS MODS MODS

Can destroy old games that consoles in the day couldn't

The support for anything new that arises without waiting 6-10 Years(4K, MFAA, TXAA etc)

Games are MUCH cheaper

You can customize your PC to what YOU want.

Most people have Mics so communication is bigger

Communication is higher quality

Anyone who flat up says console gaming is pathetic and isn't good for anything needs to stop being an ignorant elitist poo. Respect that both have advantages.

Feel free to express your opinion but anyone who produces a bias or fanboy opinion WILL be ignored.

I completely agree with you. I've even thought of selling my pc to get a console because of its ease of use, but half my games are pc only and the other half I've all ready bought. so for ME the pc is the best opion(for now)

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

I think that soon people that where neutral will start raging because we all know that both have pros and cons. 

Hahaha this exactly. Now it's mostly people that are neutral that are complaining about PC vs Console. Why is it such a big deal to make a thread discussing the pros and cons, if they don't want to talk about it then just ignore it.

Anyways, while I am a pc gamer I can't remember having so much fun playing Mario Party.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

But here is something else I did not put into my paper neither that I should have but I felt it would make me seem to bias towards one or the other. But the average console gamer also purchases a laptop or desktop pc for their home as well which in turn is at minimum of an additional $400 while the average pc gamer only owns the pc. So to be honest I actually gave the consoles a major break in that aspect.

But PC gamer doesn't mean not owning a console, a lot of people hear own a Wii, PS2, or other consoles, @Slick owns a Wii U.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Some things:

It doesn't just work.

My old PS3 (before switching to PC) every time I got a new game there is a 2 hour damn download, and slow game updates.

Lets play this new game! Oh wait I have to wait 2 hours first.

No upgrading?

YOU DONT HAVE TO UPGRADE YOUR PC

No one is forcing you to buy to a 980 or anything.

Just turn down the settings as it gets older.

Consoles just look like shit the whole life span, verses if you wanted to just upgrade one thing like a GPU you can, but you dont have to.

People are still playing fine on 6XX and 5XX series cards.

I will agree with you on playing with friends though.

Super Smash Bros or James Bond Nightfire/Agent Under Fire with 6 friends on Gamecube is the best shit ever. (4 controllers, but switching out so eveyone gets to play)

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Seems good, I think with pirating taken in consideration the PC games cost must be higher since a lot of PC gamers pirate, but that wont make since would it ??? I mean their pirating it and a pirated version doesn't equate to a sold game so ???

You also have to take into account that console games are pirated just about as much as a pc game is. For instance there are add everywhere on craigslist here in the town I live in to where you can pay $50 to have your Xbox One/360 PS3/4 modded to play burned games and they also advertise that they only charge $5-10 per copy of a pirated AAA game. So since it is technically rampant on both sides but isn't relevant to the community as a whole I did not include piracy on either side.

I completely agree with you. I've even thought of selling my pc to get a console because of its ease of use, but half my games are pc only and the other half I've all ready bought. so for ME the pc is the best opion(for now)

Thank youuuuu <3

Heretic!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Some things:

It doesn't just work.

My old PS3 (before switching to PC) every time I got a new game there is a 2 hour damn download, and slow game updates.

Lets play this new game! Oh wait I have to wait 2 hours first.

No upgrading?

YOU DONT HAVE TO UPGRADE YOUR PC

No one is forcing you to buy to a 980 or anything.

Just turn down the settings as it gets older.

Consoles just look like shit the whole life span, verses if you wanted to just upgrade one thing like a GPU you can, but you dont have to.

People are still playing fine on 6XX and 5XX series cards.

I will agree with you on playing with friends though.

Super Smash Bros or James Bond Nightfire/Agent Under Fire with 6 friends on Gamecube is the best shit ever. (4 controllers, but switching out so eveyone gets to play)

If you build a PC for the same price as a console, it seems to deteriorate faster then you have to spend the same amount again just to upgrade because you had to take the cheap path instead of the easily upgradable path.

But PC gamer doesn't mean not owning a console, a lot of people hear own a Wii, PS2, or other consoles, @Slick owns a Wii U.

I know hell when I had my last gaming pc I also owned a Xbox 360 and a PS3 (though the PS3 was just a fancy blu-ray player for me). But to be fair I couldn't find any statistics that said the percentage of pc gamers that own gaming consoles so I did not include either owning the other into my paper.

You also have to take into account that console games are pirated just about as much as a pc game is. For instance there are add everywhere on craigslist here in the town I live in to where you can pay $50 to have your Xbox One/360 PS3/4 modded to play burned games and they also advertise that they only charge $5-10 per copy of a pirated AAA game. So since it is technically rampant on both sides but isn't relevant to the community as a whole I did not include piracy on either side.

Can you show me a source of Xbone one and PS4 running pirated games ??? I know the 360 and PS3 does but I don't think the new consoles do.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Herein lies evidence of the real problem with the console vs PC debate: people take themselves too seriously...

Tim drake why do you have to get so angry with people when they are having a joke 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Can you show me a source of Xbone one and PS4 running pirated games ??? I know the 360 and PS3 does but I don't think the new consoles do.

I will look to see if the add it up currently it gets flagged constantly so its constantly being removed and put back up every few days.

I will look to see if the add it up currently it gets flagged constantly so its constantly being removed and put back up every few days.

Craigslist doesn't count as a source there are a lot of frauds.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

If you build a PC for the same price as a console, it seems to deteriorate faster then you have to spend the same amount again just to upgrade because you had to take the cheap path instead of the easily upgradable path.

If you have that small a budget, just save up for a few more months.

Also as the consoles get older, older GPU's that outperform the consoles will get cheaper as well.

In a year or two 770 or maybe eventually 780 will be a good used buy.

The same thing is happening with 680's and 670's right now. There pretty great price to performance right now.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE