AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Holding their cards close to the vest untill people found what they did was immature as well.

You don't know much about corporate business then.  If that's your idea of immature then all companies are immature.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You don't know much about corporate business then.  If that's your idea of immature then all companies are immature.

Thats how many companies tanked.

See: Enron.

Bernie Madoff scammed people for like 25 years and then when people found out what happened he had already stolen 50 billion.

Bottom line , dont lie to the internet.

Gabe newell has said that multiple times.

People here trying to make AMD the devil and NVIDIA holier than thou when both have screwed up.

It's just that people have the right to correct information.

For example AMD markets the FX-8350 as an 8 core CPU. But they have also given us the technical breakdown of how those cores work. So some people believe it's not a true 8 core; which is ok. We have been provided the data and we can debate about it and make up our own minds.

Similarly some people think that 4GB of VRAM is important because of the current trends in gaming. So if the last 512MB is crippled then they should be told so in order to make a fully informed purchase... That's the reason for the backlash.

970 being a good performing card is a fact, that's not in question.

It's just that people have the right to correct information.

For example AMD markets the FX-8350 as an 8 core CPU. But they have also given us the technical breakdown of how those cores work. So some people believe it's not a true 8 core; which is ok. We have been provided the data and we can debate about it and make up our own minds.

Similarly some people think that 4GB of VRAM is important because of the current trends in gaming. So if the last 512MB is crippled then they should be told so in order to make a fully informed purchase... That's the reason for the backlash.

970 being a good performing card is a fact, that's not in question.

Yeah i dont understand that argument.

"the 970 is still a great card".

Sure but:

1- People were deceived.

2- The cheapest 290x is like 260 bucks and gets lower on sales , it NOT the best card for the price.

So... I was wondering how I never saw you on the forums before with how many posts you have and with the specific sections that you post in.

d9a14cd8bb.png

HOLY CRAP YOU HAVE RACKED UP A TON OF POSTS IN A FEW MONTHS.

4lq8tNo.gif

Have you posted 300 times this week?

So... I was wondering how I never saw you on the forums before with how many posts you have and with the specific sections that you post in.

d9a14cd8bb.png

HOLY CRAP YOU HAVE RACKED UP A TON OF POSTS IN A FEW MONTHS.

4lq8tNo.gif

Have you posted 300 times this week?

Juno-please-dont-judge-me.gif

There was no judging.

Holy crap. I've been here very active for over 2 years and you have almost as many posts as I do.

Yeah i dont understand that argument.

"the 970 is still a great card".

Sure but:

1- People were deceived.

2- The cheapest 290x is like 260 bucks and gets lower on sales , it NOT the best card for the price.

The 290X now that I looked past the hype (I was an idiot when choosing which card to replace my GTX 650Ti OC 2GB, I'll admit that) it performs about the same (the FPS difference is small, within margin of error as I found out when running multiple tests with a 650Ti and 970) as a GTX 970 at a significantly lower price point. Though the GTX 970 does have the benefits of being able to overclock to match a stock GTX 980.

And a note to those thinking of getting a Gigabyte G1 Gaming card that's gone through the 'gauntlet', my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming edition needs +50mV to hit +140MHz, an overclock reached by most Windforce cards without a voltage bump. And they also only need about +12mV to get a +150MHz OC. Don't buy into the hype, there is a chance you'll get f****ed over and spat out. Actually on second thoughts, that alone is grounds for a refund, because I paid over $550 for a card that was enthusiast level and designed for overclocking, and when ANY OTHER Gigabyte GTX 970 can do a lot better, its not what I paid for. Though I could also mention when returning the fuss over the vRAM, ROPS and L2 cache.

AKA, I got cheated by Nvidia AND Gigabyte.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yea... I'll just leave this here for anybody thinking about 4k (hint: get the 290x over 970)

5pPvb6t.png

11% increase

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_960_STRIX_OC/29.html

290x cfx is the best 4k solution.

Im working on a guide for the best 4k cards ATM.

Thats how many companies tanked.

See: Enron.

Bernie Madoff scammed people for like 25 years and then when people found out what happened he had already stolen 50 billion.

Bottom line , dont lie to the internet.

Gabe newell has said that multiple times.

People here trying to make AMD the devil and NVIDIA holier than thou when both have screwed up.

whatever you need to believe.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yea... I'll just leave this here for anybody thinking about 4k (hint: get the 290x over 970)

5pPvb6t.png

11% increase

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_960_STRIX_OC/29.html

Only a 2% difference between a GTX 970 and R9 290 at 1080p? Yeah.... I'm making the right choice, and I can do without a PhysX GPU anyway (I know of the power consumption, 650W isn't enough for a second GPU with an R9 card, and I always use 350W as the barebones baseline after my 300W PSU got overloaded with a single SSD and 1x4GB stick of RAM@800MHz installed-no expansion cards)

PMSL

Only a 2% difference between a GTX 970 and R9 290 at 1080p? Yeah.... I'm making the right choice, and I can do without a PhysX GPU anyway (I know of the power consumption, 650W isn't enough for a second GPU with an R9 card, and I always use 350W as the barebones baseline after my 300W PSU got overloaded with a single SSD and 1x4GB stick of RAM@800MHz installed-no expansion cards)

Thats not 1080p its 4k.

This is 1080p

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1059?vs=1355

Thats not 1080p its 4k.

This is 1080p

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1059?vs=1355

Follow the link: http://www.techpower...TRIX_OC/29.html

That's what I was going off.

Edit: the R9 290X still looks like its better value.

PMSL

Follow the link: http://www.techpower...TRIX_OC/29.html

That's what I was going off.

Edit: the R9 290X still looks like its better value.

It is yea.

The performance is VERY close to a point where the full 4 GB vram is more important.

This forum... I can't...

Nvidia overcharges and lies in their marketing, AMD takes a pot-shot on the internet, and there are people defending Nvidia/hating AMD?

Da faq?

Is that a Do 335 as your icon?

Damn right it is.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

<snip>

Good lord... that's a LOT of posts for 3 months of activity. 

EDIT: oops I didn't notice I'm replying to the same topic.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Calm down , Nvidia took a jab at their drivers.

It only normal for AMD to take advantage of this.

AMD has been doing this for years...Don't act like Nvidia started it with the drivers

AMDs drivers are still not on par with Nvidia...sadly

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The 970 was launched in like, september? October? That's like 5-6 months ago, and this thing blew up like a week ago.

So is it really that big of a deal that we had no idea about this for around half a year and now some1 pushed it enough to realise after the 3.5gb it performed poorly, but it had to be pushed to the limits to see that, so yeah nvidia lied about the cache and ROPs, it technically has 4gb of ram, but when you're gaming, do you really care? I mean it's more like a psicological thing, yeah i saw some people devastated about this, but hey, you've been playing thinking you had the full 4gb and cache and rops before, and that's not going to change, you will keep playing as you were.

So yeah, it's a big deal that nvidia did this, but the card itself it's as good as it was months ago when this was unknown, and IMO, i would still get a 970 if it oficially had 3.5gb of vram, because personally for the 1080p gaming it's more than enough, i have yet to see it go over 3gb.

What AMD is doing is promoting ignorance, because i don't mind if they talk about the cache or whatever, but the 970 has 4gb of vram, yes the last 500mb performs poorly, but the card has 4gb.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Its one of the best pieces of satire ever.

I have watched it like 20 times .

The good thing about this video is that it shits on all parties. AMD, Nvidia and the reviewers of the cards. If nothing else, I hope this gave the incentive for websites to scrutinize whatever they receive more thoroughly.

This forum... I can't...

Nvidia overcharges and lies in their marketing, AMD takes a pot-shot on the internet, and there are people defending Nvidia/hating AMD?

Da faq?

thats what happens when you have kids in charge of the marketing department

thats what happens when you have kids in charge of the marketing department

Or in charge of binning GPUs (I got what has to be one of the worst GM204 chips on my G1 Gaming).

PMSL