What should I review next?

I agree with this. I have been tempted many times. I try to stay away from the site or my Visa will get jacked up. Great idea on their part to provide the service. A lot of chips get sold out fairly quickly though. Im on the email notification for a couple.  :D

I'm planning on using his service when I do my next build, currently saving up for that. Will probably jump on the 5GHz bandwagon since it will be the last chip I have to buy for a decent amount of time.

Would really love to see Linus do a review on his products.

How about unboxings? 

Remember them? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• Any new HyperX products (SSDS, Headsets, Fury DDR4)

Fractal Kelvin coolers (I don't think he's done this yet)

Corsair Commander Mini

CableMod cable sets

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

1st option should be interesting.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

PLZ RE-VISIT THE AMD FX FOR GAMERS AND COMPARE IT WITH A LOCKED LOW END i5 AND A CORE i3 SO THAT WE CAN STOP HAVING TO CONVINCE USERS ONE BY ONE THAT THE AMD FX ARE BAD CHIPS FOR GAMERS !!! PLEASE DO THAT LINUS!!!

Play modern AAA titles with a GTX 970 for example and play some MMO's and RTS as well and depict an overall picture of how these 4 years old dinosaurs performs in real gaming scenarios.

Show them your GPU loads and focus on minimums FPS and frametime variance...compare overclocked vs stock and show them that the fact that they run at nearly 5ghz won't make them any better...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: @LinusTech don't even bother replying to this i know you can't do that as it would mean the end of any partnership with AMD and nobody wants this...but still, it's a lot of work down in the CPU section these days man!

Edited by i_build_nanosuits

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

PLZ RE-VISIT THE AMD FX FOR GAMERS AND COMPARE IT WITH A LOCKED LOW END i5 AND A CORE i3 SO THAT WE CAN STOP HAVING TO CONVINCE USERS ONE BY ONE THAT THE AMD FX ARE BAD CHIPS FOR GAMERS !!! PLEASE DO THAT LINUS!!!

Play modern AAA titles with a GTX 970 for example and play some MMO's and RTS as well and depict an overall picture of how these 4 years old dinosaurs performs in real gaming scenarios.

Show them your GPU loads and focus on minimums FPS and frametime variance...compare overclocked vs stock and show them that the fact that they run at nearly 5ghz won't make them any better...

Unfortunatley, it would takes days of work to do it properly....Although, I would love to see it (p.s. JTC was talking about doing something like that with his i7 vs. his old 8350 -- hopefully he'll actually do it). 

They would have to test 8~ cpus (860k, FX4300, FX6300, FX8320, G3258, i3-4130, i5-4690k, 4790k) at both stock and overclocked speeds (where applicable). And they would then need to pair each cpu up with a range of GPUs -- low end (750Ti), mid tier (280), high end (290/970), XFIRE/SLI (290s/970s -- both imo). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Unfortunatley, it would takes days of work to do it properly....Although, I would love to see it (p.s. JTC was talking about doing something like that with his i7 vs. his old 8350 -- hopefully he'll actually do it). 

They would have to test 8~ cpus (860k, FX4300, FX6300, FX8320, G3258, i3-4130, i5-4690k, 4790k) at both stock and overclocked speeds (where applicable). And they would then need to pair each cpu up with a range of GPUs -- low end (750Ti), mid tier (280), high end (290/970), XFIRE/SLI (290s/970s -- both imo). 

FX-8350@4.5ghz vs i5-4460 at stock with a GTX 970 ro R9 290X GPU would make me 100% happy...that's all we need!..anyways i've edited my previous post...for many reasons linus can't do that.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

EDIT: @LinusTech don't even bother replying to this i know you can't do that as it would mean the end of any partnership with AMD and nobody wants this...but still, it's a lot of work down in the CPU section these days man!

I truly doubt that would be the end of his partnership with AMD. also I think your going too had on AMD cpu's. (I know they arn't great gamers chips when compared to Intel offerings, thats why I wont use on in my main rig. but they rarely if ever make a game unplayable.)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I truly doubt that would be the end of his partnership with AMD. also I think your going too had on AMD cpu's. (I know they arn't great gamers chips when compared to Intel offerings, thats why I wont use on in my main rig. but they rarely if ever make a game unplayable.)

true, when paired with mid-range graphics cards...but too often do i see people pairing them with R9 290X or GTX 970 thinking it's a good match...then they come back a week after saying why do i only get 45FPS in said game...we answer to monitor GPU loads: answer? 65 to 80% GPU loads depending on the game being played.

Slick.

Linus should fire him for the fourth time.

I trip to make the fall shorter

I would like to see printer reviews. (maybe even 3d ones would be fun?)

This is always the hardest thing for me to buy, honestly.  There's so much bullshit involved.  I'm tired of buying cheap sub $100 printers and replacing them every year or two.  Most reviews for printers online are like "IT MAKES THE WORDS APPEAR ON PAPER LIKE MAGIC" but no one really digs into the actual performance.  

I need someone to find me a printer that I can marry, you know?  One that I will last and won't give me constant headaches with paperjams, unintuitive menus, driver problems and crappy software.  

Please Linus, you're my only hope.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I would like to see printer reviews. (maybe even 3d ones would be fun?)

Seconded 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303388-good-color-printer/

For what it's worth, my HP 2600n lasted me the last 10~ years. Alas, it started to get screwy and doesn't print great photos....so I think it's time for a new one. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Do an i3 vs FX6300 comparison with single core and multi core performance.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

@LinusTech

Now that you got your hands on the SX600-G, it would be appropriate to do a review of the NCASE M1. :D The best m-itx case out there. 

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

you should review the logitech m570 or a similar product, personally both my uncle and I love ours and I'd love your opinion on trackballs

☆*:.。. O(≧▽≦)O .。.:*☆

i know i voted already, but i also have an idea, altough it might be more in te terrain of edzel to do(which i wouldn't mind)

DSLR reviews, don't ask me why, i just got it in my mind, so why not?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

DSLR reviews, don't ask me why, i just got it in my mind, so why not?

The one issue with DSLR reviews is that cameras/lenses/everything camera is a whole beast in and of itself -- hence why there are dedicated channels for camera/camera equipment reviews (See Ken Rockwell). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

The one issue with DSLR reviews is that cameras/lenses/everything camera is a whole beast in and of itself -- hence why there are dedicated channels for camera/camera equipment reviews (See Ken Rockwell). 

Ken Rockwell is the perpetual joke in the photography world. Nobody understands how he gained notoriety. His reviews are crap, his opinions are mostly worthless and he's an average photographer.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Ken Rockwell is the perpetual joke in the photography world. Nobody understands how he gained notoriety. His reviews are crap, his opinions are mostly worthless and he's an average photographer.

Well, he shoots Canon most of the time, what do you expect :P

But I wouldn't call his reviews bad. I seriously do question some of the ones I've seen, but that can be said about any reviewer.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, he shoots Canon most of the time, what do you expect :P

But I wouldn't call his reviews bad. I seriously do question some of the ones I've seen, but that can be said about any reviewer.

So if I shoot 3 systems including Canon, am I worse? He did use to be an exclusive Nikon user up until a few years ago.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

I'd be interested in some webcams being reviewed, rarely does anyone (with better production value videos at least) review them.