[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

yeah well thats a MBP :P i have a desktop PowerMac :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

No kidding. Almost as if theres a 24 page discussion on it or something  ^_^ . I was just thinking that you might be interested in seeing what a matte black Apple product would look like. IMO I think its sexy. 

oh ive done a render of what i want (cant post it because not my model and stuff) and i know exactly what it will look like :) i just hope i can get some cheap acrylic etching done, because so far, if i want it flush, its really expensive :( need to make a new friend xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

You could get another side panel to do a trial run on, or another option would be to get an actual glass panel from a hardware store and make a window out of that, and then secure it to your side panel with hot glue around the edge of the glass panel.

>hot glue

what is this, the ghetto?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You could get another side panel to do a trial run on, or another option would be to get an actual glass panel from a hardware store and make a window out of that, and then secure it to your side panel with hot glue around the edge of the glass panel.

i want this pretty and classy, not hot glue and doritos xD

>hot glue

what is this, the ghetto?

^

Not really, it has held the windows that I've put in systems just fine. Puget Systems seals fans to heatsinks to get more air moving through the heatsinks rather than to other areas of the case with hot glue, its "unprofessional" but not "getto" IMO. I've done sketchier things. 

yes true what you have said, but if i can get it done professionally, then i damnwell will. Im not saying if carving acrylic out would be an impossible job, then ofc i would go for something like that, but its not, so no reason to

Tinted glass will look good too.

maybe a dash of grey yeah. maybe. :)

maybe i could add a dash of vinyl there xD @vinyldash303 (just realised the pun i made before)

I saw that and wasn't sure if it was intended or not.  :rolleyes:

not at all. not until i switched back to this tab and got surprised by my own punyness

so while you guys keep it ontopic, but still my notification box full(14 updates, roughyl 30mins)

yeah i think itll be best. will probably do that as a bday gift to me in may then :P. also, no fukin LEDs go in here, this will be classy, not  "LOOK AT ME IM COOL WITH MY LEDS MLG 792p NOSCOPE GAYMER!!!!!!eleven" :P

well, im not going to ruin my MBP by pulling the light out

damnn, those prices though.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Screw you :P plus i get an additional notification since im subbed to the thread ;) so no need to quote me at all

i had to read everything from page 15 lol , hadn't been to this thread since a long time 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Who doesn't love puns? I love puns

-snip-

ohh god -gets pun counter-

okey let's start, no idea where we left

No kidding right? If the next gen MacBook airs are good I might have to actually start considering getting with a custom light up logo. Might beign the operative word.

might sent it in to luka, if it safes me money =D

while she is at it anyway

(see you guys in 20-25mins, anime time)

might sent it in to luka, if it safes me money =D

while she is at it anyway

(see you guys in 20-25mins, anime time)

hahaha keep this on and ill open a shop for this xD

(he)

Knowing this thread, mine would the the trial run for painting. TBH, wouldn't blame them.

i dont do trial runs. it costs money. go big or go home. so i do loads of research before commiting to anything

Ah. I might have to try and plastidip my laptop then.

dont plastidip it please :c i mean PD is cool if you have an airbrush and experience, to get nice coats, but if you dont, you get orange peel or bubbles or dripping and its not pretty. plus the minute you bang it into something reasonably sharp youll have it start peeling there

hahaha keep this on and ill open a shop for this xD

(he)

hehe, the official LMG system painter, now open for busniss

i dont do trial runs. it costs money. go big or go home. so i do loads of research before commiting to anything

fixed it for my situation.

concentraion problems help when you do research on a subject.

Ah. I might have to try and plastidip my laptop then.

that could be nice, altough it has downsides.

remember to put the can in a bucket of warm water first, to make the nozel/inside tube more even in width/bigger for a more equal spray.

hehe, the official LMG system painter, now open for busniss

fixed it for my situation.

concentraion problems help when you do research on a subject.

haha i wouldnt mind :P not a big market for this though

ah yes, luckly i have no problems staying concentrated for hours at a time

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for a slight lack of updates, been kinda busy with life

anyhow, whats the best way to clean aluminium in ones bathtub (or similar) without ruining it or the bathtub. (so no sandblasting, acid baths and similar xD)

anyhow, whats the best way to clean aluminium in ones bathtub (or similar) without ruining it or the bathtub. (so no sandblasting, acid baths and similar xD)

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-clean-aluminum/

maybe?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

thanks for googling that for me :P

thanks for googling that for me :P

I_tried.png

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

snip

I can neither deny or confirm that this question was mostly because i am a lazy fuck

anyhow, whats the best way to clean aluminium....

ohh i know!

....without ruining it or the bathtub. (so no sandblasting, acid baths and similar xD)

goddamn....

school doesn't learn me the right stuff it seems, once again.

altough TV does, you can try coke(the softdrink, not powder) it works for rust on chrome, is 'slighlty' acid/sour(pepsi pH is 2.7 without the bubbles) and pretty cheap, might be worth the try, altough i can't be really sure, theoreticlly it could work since well... metals+chemicals=fun

ohh i know!

goddamn....

school doesn't learn me the right stuff it seems, once again.

altough TV does, you can try coke(the softdrink, not powder) it works for rust on chrome, is 'slighlty' acid/sour(pepsi pH is 2.7 without the bubbles) and pretty cheap, might be worth the try, altough i can't be really sure, theoreticlly it could work since well... metals+chemicals=fun

yeah school is mostly useless. from my engineering background i know applying a jet of solid particles would do the job, but i dont have that.

from my physics background i know an acid bath would help, but i dont live in BrBa :'D

ill try pepsi, but im thinking the sugar in it would be detrimental slightly ;) 

Do you have something like Purple Power over in the land of Luka? That shit is nice.

Simple Green was good, but not as good.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)