What games/genres are you tired of seeing?

geforceftw

I'm tired of zombie games and probably FPS games. I think the last FPS game i really enjoyed was bad company 2.]

Do you think we need new genres? or just new non sequel games?

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

fps.

i want to see more games like DARK SOULS

Edit

700 posts yay

Edited by Katsu-K1L

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Call of Duty needs to die a horrible death.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

I'm tired of seing Gran Turismo games, just because there's a ton of japanese cars in many different versions... Like the Mazda MX-5/Miata, it had like 10 different versions in GT4... ;-;

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

RTS, RPG, and MMO/MMORPG. Shit like that. I hate it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

all the third person shooters... shooters are supposed to be First person...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I'm not really tired of the games, just tired of people flaunting them like "Wow this game is so good! Look at the graphics!"

I've played too many games to care about graphics over gameplay (which entails how interesting the game is, how long I can play it without getting bored, replayability, etc). Not saying I want pixel graphics, though.

If a game is broken on release, it's not a good game and ruined the name (shots fired at DICE/EA here).

I'm tired of zombie games and probably FPS games. I think the last FPS game i really enjoyed was bad company 2.]

Instead of shooting zombies, what of using a sword or melee, like Red Steel?

Modern military shooters.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Bad Korean/Chinese MMOs

Industry needs more Open World Sandbox games with infinite customization and highly interact able world. Basically Elder Scrolls 6. I want Elder Scrolls 6 is what i'm saying.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

zombie apocalypse survival.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

zombie apocalypse survival.

You forgot 8 bit platformer.

I am tired of seeing puzzle game rip offs ~ rip off platform games  and rip off fighting games. FPS is an over exploited genre and there has not been any good RTS since SC2... whatever happened to Command & Conquer. I hate RPG with generic stories and mindless hack and slash games.

Well a new successful IP or franchise is actually quite hard and expensive to come up with.

You forgot 8 bit platformer.

Damn, you beat me to it.

But yeah, there are wayyyy too many retro-style indie platformers out there. I know indie devs don't have a whole lot of resources, but I can't help it - if they don't bother to at least try their own art style, I don't pay any attention. 

I am tired of seeing puzzle game rip offs ~ rip off platform games and rip off fighting games. FPS is an over exploited genre and there has not been any good RTS since SC2... whatever happened to Command & Conquer. I hate RPG with generic stories and mindless hack and slash games.

Command and conquer 4 happened to CnC *cries a bit inside*

Damn, you beat me to it.

But yeah, there are wayyyy too many retro-style indie platformers out there. I know indie devs don't have a whole lot of resources, but I can't help it - if they don't bother to at least try their own art style, I don't pay any attention.

Well yes but I was saying add that onto what he already said :P

The market for them is saturated though and there are very few that are must plays's.

Instead of shooting zombies, what of using a sword or melee, like Red Steel?

Im just completely tired of the zombie stuff all the movies and tv shows and games... Zombie stuff has been over done.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Command and conquer 4 happened to CnC *cries a bit inside*

Yeah... never touched that game...

MMORPG´s and FPS games...
I love RPG´s but they are all the same in different skins, and they always keep one foot in the safe zone, and those that are bold end up under a shitty "publisher" (LOOKING AT YOU NEXON!!)

Hopefully VR will change that in some way, or someone will come out and actually stop using the Point and click, skimpy clothed characters and terrible Quest lines at the same time.

Yeah... never touched that game...

Mines still in teh shrink wrap I never should have paid for it.

football games like fifa nd pes

isnt there only those two?

As soon as I read the title of this thread I immediately thought 'Zombies'...across all mediums, not just games.