What games/genres are you tired of seeing?

geforceftw

Modern warfare FPS games. I'd like to see the return of some World War II FPS games with graphics like Crysis 3 or Battlefield 4.

They kinda overplayed the WWII games quite thoroughly though.

I'm tired of zombie games and probably FPS games. I think the last FPS game i really enjoyed was bad company 2.]

Do you think we need new genres? or just new non sequel games?

I dissagree. I LOVE FPS: My favorite.

But FPS games like Bf series feels the same..

Modern warfare FPS games. I'd like to see the return of some World War II FPS games with graphics like Crysis 3 or Battlefield 4.

Sniper elite 3

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Yeah they did, with the Call of Duty series. They haven't released any new titles with graphics quality the likes of BF4 or Crysis 3 however. This is what I'd like to see.

Metal of honor and battlefield are just a few other franchises

Fps,survival,simulator games

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

First off Zombie games need to DIE!!!!

FPS games with health regeneration it's like you play as wolverine in every game

Games which hold your hand giving you prompts "press E to win"

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

MOBAs and Modern Military Shooters come to mind. I think that games/genres that don't have a set character as the main "hero" should always be customisable to the level of at least Saints Row. I'm also tired of games that don't allow people to mod them, mainly single player ones. If people make mod for your games it would extend the game's playability for most people and not to mention that it allows players to customise their experience of the game. Everybody loves options and mods give players options that game devs either didn't have time to implement or never considered an option. Skyrim is a perfect example obviously, it's still popular as ever and i'm sure everyone that has played it has had a unique experience of the game.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Seems like everyone here is anti-gaming... There are some games I won't play anymore, but I don't wish a whole genre of said games would die. Wow. You guys win the internets today.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

The Gray and Brown military shooter genre needs to die in a deep hole. All of them. Call of Modern Medal of Battlefield 6 needs to stop.

MMORPGs can go die, too. Way too boring and stop making me pay subscriptions for games with no action and no decent plot.

I would say MOBAs are overused, but really we're only getting into the second generation of those games, just feels old because LoL and Dota 2 are so old. The new stuff might change the playing field and keep the genre interesting. We need it since both Dota and LoL seem to be anti-fun in their game design. At least these games are free, and the good ones don't paywall the Heroes/Champions so you can actually play the whole game.

Also PC seems to be at a total loss for an answer to the hardcore JRPGs. I still own consoles because the PC doesn't have anything like SMT/Persona as far as I can tell.

Git Gud.

Yep, I agree with OP, this zombie genre is so overused, and to make it worse, there isn't a single good one out there that can keep me attracted for more than a week!

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Everything that qualifies as "not Half Life 3"

3rd person shooters

Dayz type games, with no f**king single player

CoD

Disney games

The term "Rogue-like", I don't know what it means, but I find it to be an annoying term lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Everything that qualifies as "not Half Life 3"

3rd person shooters

Dayz type games, with no f**king single player

CoD

Disney games

The term "Rogue-like", I don't know what it means, but I find it to be an annoying term lol

Rogue-like games are procedurally generated, permadeath games usually centered around exploring levels in a dungeon format.

There's a ton of these, some are terrible but a number of them can be really fun (Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy are both awesome).

Git Gud.

Just wait a few years, the market for modern military shooters will eat itself and break away just like 90s RTS and WWII shooters did.

I want new and refreshing settings.

Also, this entire DayZ-genre (survival mmo or whatever it is) needs to die

144Hz goodness

I'm tired of seeing FPS like Call of Duty.
I enjoyed the first few games and the multiplayer that  came along with it, but now I'm sick of it.

A life lived for others is a life worth living 

-Albert E.

MMORPGs.

Back in the day I used to frequent them for 24+ hour sessions, they were a sanctuary for me. Now they are all clones of essentially the same thing; quest driven, pay2play, pay2win, lockboxed, time limited/one time only item shops. Despite the many flavours of gloss they try to apply to obfuscate this core strategy, they are all ultimately the same now. My OCD makes this environment uninhabitable and thus I feel rage towards them.

One of the recent let downs was GW2. Another relatively recent let down was STO. When the lockboxes hit that game the leader of our guild spent over £300 on his credit card trying to roll a particular ship just because he needed one to have everything. The next day we all heard his wife slapping him across the head and face while screaming over Vent.

Not a healthy environment any more.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Anything with zombies. I've never like zombies and never will.

The Gray and Brown military shooter genre needs to die in a deep hole. All of them. Call of Modern Medal of Battlefield 6 needs to stop.

MMORPGs can go die, too. Way too boring and stop making me pay subscriptions for games with no action and no decent plot.

I would say MOBAs are overused, but really we're only getting into the second generation of those games, just feels old because LoL and Dota 2 are so old. The new stuff might change the playing field and keep the genre interesting. We need it since both Dota and LoL seem to be anti-fun in their game design. At least these games are free, and the good ones don't paywall the Heroes/Champions so you can actually play the whole game.

Also PC seems to be at a total loss for an answer to the hardcore JRPGs. I still own consoles because the PC doesn't have anything like SMT/Persona as far as I can tell.

the third gen of MOBA is being worked on as we speak. I would probably consider the successor to HoN to be the first. There is also stuff like dawngate and there was that one non top down moba as well. LoL and especially DOTA 2 arnt that old for a competitive game to say the least. Also to be played as a esport it generally has to be a game that isnt going to have a new one with new everything every 12months. What do you mean by anti fun by the way?

Umm that would be because JRPGs arnt developed for PCs because generally speaking the japanese do almost all of that style gaming on the console. Heck from my understanding custom pcs are way less common there than here (US).

MMORPGs.

Back in the day I used to frequent them for 24+ hour sessions, they were a sanctuary for me. Now they are all clones of essentially the same thing; quest driven, pay2play, pay2win, lockboxed, time limited/one time only item shops. Despite the many flavours of gloss they try to apply to obfuscate this core strategy, they are all ultimately the same now. My OCD makes this environment uninhabitable and thus I feel rage towards them.

One of the recent let downs was GW2. Another relatively recent let down was STO. When the lockboxes hit that game the leader of our guild spent over £300 on his credit card trying to roll a particular ship just because he needed one to have everything. The next day we all heard his wife slapping him across the head and face while screaming over Vent.

Not a healthy environment any more.

How much room is tehre to innovate in MMO's though? Also how far can you go without loosing you core audiance. And that was his fault not the game's. He needs some self control.

What do you mean by anti fun by the way?

dota is all about killing your enemy's mood. it is not fun, I dont play it for fun. its addicting, good base for a nice rpg. I can only play like 2 games at a time.

How much room is tehre to innovate in MMO's though? Also how far can you go without loosing you core audiance. And that was his fault not the game's. He needs some self control.

I completely agree. They found a fantastic profit generating business model. It would be illogical not to take advantage of it. Please don't misinterpret my feelings... I'm not attacking the model at all; rather I'm trying to frame my opinion on them (which is a very tired one). I've bore witness (over many years) to those mechanisms drive communities apart and discourage social spontinuity.

Granted I'm open to considering that as possibly being a jaded view based on what it used to be like; perhaps it just evolved somewhat and my generation no longer fit in with what it has become now. I gave up on them about 2 years ago.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

dota is all about killing your enemy's mood. it is not fun, I dont play it for fun. its addicting, good base for a nice rpg. I can only play like 2 games at a time.

how so? its a competitive game if you take it too seriously it will effect your mood and you can get addicted. it happend to people who play CoD too.

I completely agree. They found a fantastic profit generating business model. It would be illogical not to take advantage of it. Please don't misinterpret my feelings... I'm not attacking the model at all; rather I'm trying to frame my opinion on them (which is a very tired one). I've bore witness (over many years) to those mechanisms drive communities apart and discourage social spontinuity.

Granted I'm open to considering that as possibly being a jaded view based on what it used to be like; perhaps it just evolved somewhat and my generation no longer fit in with what it has become now. I gave up on them about 2 years ago.

no clue the last ones I played were FF XIV on launch and hellgate when it came back as hellgate global.

Tired of seeing bad games. I'm not really 'tired' of any particular genre and I don't want anything to die like most people in this thread are saying.

RTS, RPG, and MMO/MMORPG. Shit like that. I hate it.

But...But Star Citizen...

MMORPG´s and FPS games...

I love RPG´s but they are all the same in different skins, and they always keep one foot in the safe zone, and those that are bold end up under a shitty "publisher" (LOOKING AT YOU NEXON!!)

Hopefully VR will change that in some way, or someone will come out and actually stop using the Point and click, skimpy clothed characters and terrible Quest lines at the same time.

I agree. I love MMORPG's- interacting with lots of people, joining a guild, running dungeons and epic boss fights. I just can't go through the whole questing to level thing in a lot of them anymore. 

"go find 3 whatever plants" or "Kill 25 shpedoinkle monsters" or something for 60 god damn levels. That horse has been beaten to death and into a bloody pulp. 

The last one I played was Tera online which I really liked because it required you to aim every attack, dodge enemy attacks, etc. It was also free to play but not pay to win.

Tried playing Wildstar during the beta but I couldn't do the boring quests to level up- no matter how epic the end game looks. I just couldn't do it.

I really hope Star Citizen ends up being an awesome MMO. 

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Oh i thought of another type of game/genre that i hate seeing popping up, care to guess what it is? Games still in Alpha/Beta being sold as a product despite being incomplete. Game devs lure you in saying you can help influence it's development by buying the unfinished game and i have to ask, "So why can't i still influence the game without purchasing it?" is buying an alpha game really just buying the right to express your ideas/criticisms to the developer? I find that stupid. At the same time what incentive is there for the developer to finish the game?

They're already getting paid for an unfinished piece of work, so there's nothing stopping them from just upping and running away with the money they earnt from their unfinished games. It would leave a bad image yes, but perhaps they were only just after a bit of quick cash. I know one game that was on steam being sold as an alpha game is never going to get finished because the dev's stopped working on it permanently and it will still be sold as an unfinished game. So these type of games need to stop. Developers should make full and complete games and not make it feel like you have to buy the unfinished game just to be able to have some input on the game's development, that's what forums are for.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

how so? its a competitive game if you take it too seriously it will effect your mood and you can get addicted. it happend to people who play CoD too.

srs question? enemy being destroyed = you win gaem. who cares about winning casual cod lobbies? or shooter pubs in general. in dota, you get destroyed you cant do anything. you lose your gun. (fps comparison) it means you might as well abandon.

anyway I cant trust volvo to do single player well though since of all the events they already did that were mmorpg feeling without the first m.