how fast can you type?

Frank Brown

On the computer i use most, when i'm half asleep with a headache. This is a macbook pro which i've been using everyday for the last year and a half. I also found i type faster than i read 0.o... but yeah: 

62 WPM

332 keystrokes per minute too. I was also going rather slow compared to my usual. Maybe i'll try at work on my work keyboard. Tend to type pretty fast on it. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

A little faster than a turtle can run..........not entirely sure if this is a suitable reference though!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

On the computer i use most, when i'm half asleep with a headache. This is a macbook pro which i've been using everyday for the last year and a half. I also found i type faster than i read 0.o... but yeah: 

62 WPM

332 keystrokes per minute too. I was also going rather slow compared to my usual. Maybe i'll try at work on my work keyboard. Tend to type pretty fast on it. 

What I find with my Macbook keyboard is I don't have anywhere for my little finger to go. It just hovers over the keyboard getting fatigued. 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

What I find with my Macbook keyboard is I don't have anywhere for my little finger to go. It just hovers over the keyboard getting fatigued. 

Two finger typer ;)

Well 4... but still. Just my Pointer, and Middle fingers. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I get about 5 wpm

39 wpm. Sounds pretty horrid. But I never was a machine typer, paper&pen is where it's at

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

i simply read and type random words so i'm rocking 33 wpm lol  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Only 55 wpm when copying from a text based program but probably well over 70 wpm by dictation. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Can't be arsed to do the test but not very fast. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

• 2 months later...

Sorry in advance if this isn't the right board to post this in.

Anyway, I'm looking for tips to improve my typing speed further. The only things I can find on Google are for people who type extremely slowly (30-40WPM. Slow is a relative term, compared to my speed), and I'm sitting up at  around 90-95WPM, though there is some fluctuation, based on what keyboard I'm using, how alert I am, etc. For example, after I bought my first mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches (coming over from a rubber-dome keyboard), my speed improved by around 20WPM on average, but that's only when I'm fully awake and concentrating on the task at hand. When I just wake up, or I'm distracted by another train of thought, my speed drops by around 33% to around 60WPM.

Yes, I am aware that an "employable" typing speed is ~50, and anything above that is above average, but I'm all about efficiency and want to improve my skills and employability.

Edit: I'm going to take a midterm right now, so I won't be able to respond for about an hour to an hour and a half.

--Penis size, like resolution, is just a number--

--Hail GabeN--

get a mechanical keyboard with blue switches

Sorry in advance if this isn't the right board to post this in.

Anyway, I'm looking for tips to improve my typing speed further. The only things I can find on Google are for people who type extremely slowly (30-40WPM. Slow is a relative term, compared to my speed), and I'm sitting up at  around 90-95WPM, though there is some fluctuation, based on what keyboard I'm using, how alert I am, etc. For example, after I bought my first mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches (coming over from a rubber-dome keyboard), my speed improved by around 20WPM on average, but that's only when I'm fully awake and concentrating on the task at hand. When I just wake up, or I'm distracted by another train of thought, my speed drops by around 33% to around 60WPM.

Yes, I am aware that an "employable" typing speed is ~50, and anything above that is above average, but I'm all about efficiency and want to improve my skills and employability.

Edit: I'm going to take a midterm right now, so I won't be able to respond for about an hour to an hour and a half.

Simple. Practice. Here: www.10fastfingers.com

If you do the tests, you will be practicing the most common words in the english language, which can help.

I'm sitting at around 85 - 105 WPM depending on if I'm listening to music and my condition. How many fingers do you use? I assume 10.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

he already has, he wants to go beyond that

Anywho, type more, type lots more.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

He already has one.

OP, are you touchtyping?

Practice, practice, practice. Upgrading to mechanical switches like Blues is the only thing that can provide a significant performance boost with minimal effort but see as how you have already done that, practice is the best option. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I type at 86 wpm on 10fastfingers, do you even lift m8? 

You meant 186 WPM right? ... Right? Tell me I'm not getting you confused with the other penguin avatar user (CCap).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You meant 186 WPM right? ... Right? Tell me I'm not getting you confused with the other penguin avatar user (CCap).

@CCap is a bro at typing when he is not getting pushed into the pool

me personally i'm nuffin to wag your tail at but I mean he is still a lot better

http://10fastfingers.com/share-result/1_92_461_461_0_88_0_96_4779_135083

my personal best as of 5 mins ago^

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

He already has one.

OP, are you touchtyping?

By "touchtyping," I assume you mean typing while not looking at the keyboard, which I am doing. I haven't had to look at the keyboard for typing since the third grade.

--Penis size, like resolution, is just a number--

--Hail GabeN--