[AMD @ Computex] "So Far Ahead Of Its Time That We're Launching It At The Edge Of Space"

ok so its a redbull stratos type of thing with a big balloon  maybe with cameras inside of the capsule and the product inside of it? and we can  switch camera views n stuff? because i can see a balloon and a capsule on that link

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

*crosses fingers for surprise high-end GPU*

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

You must be fun at parties

Well yeah, he probably is. It was an amusing (albeit somewhat overused) joke. Jokes at parties can be nice. 

With all the news they have been releasing about how they are reworking their FX line this very well be the new FX line ;o;

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Hopefully a new GPU or something but likely nothing much.

Imagine a 20nm GPU with shared virtual memory and stacked DRAM :o

That would make Nvidia cry xD

That would be so far ahead of its time...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

It's probably mobile Kaveri (which consists of AMD's first ever FX branded mobile microprocessors). I am hoping that Kaveri mobile rocks GDDR5 (since the IMC has support for GDDR5 on the desktop microprocessors).

if ($('#clock').length) {$('#clock').countdown('2014/06/04 20:00:00', function(event) {$(this).html(event.strftime('<strong>0%D</strong> <div class="stroke"> </div> <strong>%H</strong> <div class="stroke"> </div> <strong>%M</strong> <div class="stroke"> </div> <strong>%S</strong>'));$(this).on('finish.countdown', function(event) {$(this).addClass('hidden');$(this).parent().html('<h1 class="countdownfinish">AMD\'s most advanced APU ever.<br />Welcome to Earth</h1>');});});}$('.preview').on('click', function(elem) {var that = $(this);$('.videofile').addClass('hidden');if (that.hasClass('one')) {$('.video-one').removeClass("hidden");} else if (that.hasClass('two')) {$('.video-two').removeClass("hidden");}});

Key part of the javascript source.

<h1 class="countdownfinish">AMD\'s most advanced APU ever.<br />Welcome to Earth</h1>

And all I see is the Internetexplorer icon....

That's because you're using Internet Explorer to view the page, the site doesn't even have a favicon.

Derp

That's because you're using Internet Explorer to view the page, the site doesn't even have a favicon.

Derp

You're either stupid or think that I am stupid for thinking that I didn't know that. 

Internet explorer really?

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

You're either stupid or think that I am stupid for thinking that I didn't know that. 

Only stupid people make stupid accusations. You didn't know why it was showing a IE favicon, I explained it.

Tom-Hanks-300x234.png

And all I see is the Internetexplorer icon....

Hahahahahahaahhaahhahaahahahah!

waaah! I can't stop laughing! 

hhahahahahahahahah!  :lol:

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

What is this for?

Case: Thermaltake Core V71 CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X (overclocked to 4.1Ghz) Cooling: Corsair H110i GT(Push-Pull config) Motherboard: Gigabyte's Aorus AX370 AM4 K7 RAM: G.SKILL 2800Mhz 32GB GPU:  GEFORCE GTX 1080 (SLI) from Gigabyte Storage: Kingston 3K 240GB (main boot drive) Crucial M500 SSD, WD 2TB Green, 100GB HD(As backup) PSU: Sseasonic X Series 850W Gold

I'm thinking it's the rumored R9 295X 'Hawaii Refresh'. That or it's yet another APU with the processing power of a potato, except this time they completely removed the CPU cores and filled the entire die with Radeon cores.

"No longer will our APU's be held back by their limited CPU power, we've removed all of that pointless functionality and instead made the most powerful integrated graphics in history. Our experts have concluded that no one cares if they are practical/work at all, as long as there is more Radeon cores and we claim they use less power. To celebrate this technological achievement we're going to fire all of our *NEXT GEN* APUs out of our brand new AMD Radeon Orbital Railgun, which we have aimed at some poor unsuspecting Canadian tech reviewer's house."  :P

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

The insane CPU that Teksyndicate has been talking about? I hope so!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The insane CPU that Teksyndicate has been talking about? I hope so!

the new FX CPU's arent due till 2016 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

the new FX CPU's arent due till 2016 

Yes but they might announce them and we can always hope. :)

Maybe for once in this day and age we will get something early rather than delayed. :P

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Yes but they might announce them and we can always hope. :)

Maybe for once in this day and age we will get something early rather than delayed. :P

unlikely they are apparently on 14nm finFet which isnt ready yet

I went digging through source code and found out what it'll be.. I don't wanna say it here just in case people don't want to have it spoiled and I don't know how to work the spoiler button haha

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

I went digging through source code and found out what it'll be.. I don't wanna say it here just in case people don't want to have it spoiled and I don't know how to work the spoiler button haha

Feel free to PM me, I won't bite.

You can write [ spoiler ]Text[ /spoiler ] Without spaces.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Here's what I found in source code (got help on spoiler button)

if ($('#clock').length) {

$('#clock').countdown('2014/06/04 20:00:00', function(event) {
$(this).html(event.strftime('<strong>0%D</strong> <div class="stroke"> </div> <strong>%H</strong> <div class="stroke"> </div> <strong>%M</strong> <div class="stroke"> </div> <strong>%S</strong>'));

$(this).on('finish.countdown', function(event) {
$(this).addClass('hidden');
$(this).parent().html('<h1 class="countdownfinish">AMD\'s most advanced APU ever.<br />Welcome to Earth</h1>');
});
});
}

$('.preview').on('click', function(elem) {
var that = $(this);
$('.videofile').addClass('hidden');
if (that.hasClass('one')) {
$('.video-one').removeClass("hidden");
} else if (that.hasClass('two')) {
$('.video-two').removeClass("hidden");
}
});

Looks like AMD is hyping up another APU at Computex

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Sigh...

So it's just an FX branded APU? Thanks but no thanks AMD. I expect it to suck.

I don't see the point of "high end" APUs. I think APUs are good for the low end, but as soon as you want higher GPU performance you need a dedicated GPU.

I sure hope you got something really really interesting up your sleeves with this APU AMD, like it being built using graphene like some people speculate.

I seriously doubt that will happen though.