Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Pretty boring, though. "Gee I wonder how this fight is gonna end?" "Oh no! Saitama's in troub- oh, who am I kidding? He's invincible."

Personally i think the usual "Get beaten then power up" is just as boring :/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Personally i think the usual "Get beaten then power up" is just as boring :/

True, but it also sometimes involves things like character growth and tension, so I can feel something while I'm watching it, and don't care as much that I know what will probably happen.

True, but it also sometimes involves things like character growth and tension, so I can feel something while I'm watching it, and don't care as much that I know what will probably happen.

it is supposed to be a comedy series about what other heroes do until he shows up...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Why do I keep on stumbling onto some half-decent "MC gets thrown into another world with RPG mechanics" manga??

I don't exactly hate it but the pattern gets tiring once you've been through 3-4 titles...

So, apparently the game that made me want the Wii U, Devil's Third has a limited amount of physical copies.  I pre-ordered and got one of the last ones Amazon had.  So, in the past two days the game has risen to at least double its 60 buck sticker price at a total of 120-130 bucks.  According to retailers, game journalists, and Nintendo, it's one of the most limited physical copy games released in the states.  Gamestop alone only was given 420 copies, and were given the most out of any retailer.  So, should I keep this sealed and just by a digital copy to play?

I suggest doing that... if you're planning on selling your copy to a museum later on...

Apparently, Nintendo only printed a few copies to see how it would do.  So, if the game doesn't do well on the Wii U then they won't print more copies here.  So, I'll wait and see what happens though keep it sealed.

Will you still be buying your digital copy? (or are you entitled to a digital copy since you already have a physical copy???)

I had honestly forgotten the spam was that bad, I even found my original breaking point where it was literally 4 people liking my post on anime and everyone talking around it just sharing images.

my breaking point with this thread was when I was the only one really running the club and I was trying to police the thread to keep it from getting shut down and someone made a comment that I shouldn't care about the club anymore then anyone else so at that point I basically said fuck it let it burn and stopped caring or making threads for some time after that.

Well, it's coming out digitally on steam too as that was announced after I got the Wii U.  But, either way I have to pay for the digital version.  The guy who created dead or alive, and brought ninja gaiden to the 3D world, Itagaki formerly of Tecmo, made Devil's Third.  Originally, it was for 360, ps3, and pc.  However, THQ was the publisher.   So, Nintendo bought him off then later pulled away partially after seeing who he was.  So, they have a deal with valve for publishing it.  Critics give it a low rating because it isn't Halo or COD like, though.  Apparently actual ninja gaiden fans rate it as high as NG Black and Ninja Gaiden 2[last one he worked on].  It mixes elements of ninja gaiden black and 2 with gears of war.

wut?

Up to you entirely though... but if the physical copy is that much of a treasure, then all the more to keep it mint imo...

Wait for it on a steam sale maybe?

True, I like that as well, and I've heard that the novel it's based on is well-regarded, but I'm just not usually a fan of stuff that's so pretentious.

Pretty boring, though. "Gee I wonder how this fight is gonna end?" "Oh no! Saitama's in troub- oh, who am I kidding? He's invincible."

I think it's the whole point of the show though. The stupid humor, because no one can kill him lol.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

it is supposed to be a comedy series about what other heroes do until he shows up...

Yeah, but it rarely doesn't involve him to the extent that he overpowers the show anyway (pun definitely intended).

I think it's the whole point of the show though. The stupid humor, because no one can kill him lol.

Yeah. If only it could make that stuff funnier :S To be fair it might be getting funnier, but so slowly that it will take a couple more seasons.

Lest anyone mistake my negativity for complete dislike, the show is growing on me. It's just a one-trick pony so far, with some hints of other tricks poking in from the sidelines.

Apparently, Nintendo only printed a few copies to see how it would do.  So, if the game doesn't do well on the Wii U then they won't print more copies here.  So, I'll wait and see what happens though keep it sealed.

I would just open it and play it. Otherwise you are being just as bad as all the nintendo scalpers. Like seriously you can never get anything limited from nintendo because scalpers preorder it all then jack up the price. Which is what I suspect is happening with this game as well.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

The fact that it's open source means that even if it is crap on release anyone can improve it. TressFX isn't open yet. When GPUopen is released they will also be releasing the new version of TressFX with it. I don't disagree that we should wait and see but it is far better then the scumbaggy tactics that nVidia uses.

How isn't TressFX open ? the source is included with the samples as far as I know, but I will make sure once I get my PC back.

And scum baggy tactics ? what do you mean ?

I'm pretty sure that this will just effect the linux side yes. But it means that this should help to significantly improve there drivers. The open source driver gets updated frequently but still lacks in performance compared to the proprietary one. But the proprietary one has terrible support for most things. This should alleviate that issue.

Even with the proprietary the performance on Linux still isn't as good as windows it may change with Vulcan and this may help it even more but we have to wait.

I know you guys don't necessarily support or use Linux but any release of something major like this being open source is going to be big even on windoze. I am personally super excited about it.

I do use Linux sometimes but I don't see any advantages that it has over for windows for my use that's why I use windows.

And "windoze" this made my day.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

sounds like your not getting anywhere

Well, I've certainly learned quite a bit.

And I've made progress. I can access the thing at least now that I know how to chroot.

I'm wondering if there's a Linux specific "look at a drive on the byte level" type thing like Acronis.

Here's what I'm thinking:

The GPT only takes up the first and last few sectors of a drive. If I can get Linux to view the drive in that way, and not have it use the GPT, then I can probably still use the drive in the zpool. A file or two might be corrupt. Oh well.

So that's my next research step.

I swear. My Tech Tree has a shit load more nodes than anyone else's when it comes to getting certain abilities (such as Dual Boot). Or maybe I'm just to where I **have** to get every node on the current level before moving on to the next one. I don't skip optional nodes.

>insert further Civ V/RPG skill tree type analogy<

I'm also thinking that if I can do that, and I already have the current system basically available to me (via chroot after mounting), that I can somehow copy/paste (as I said) the entire system over and it just work.

My only qualm with that is my current system is running on kernel 4.2 while the old backed up system was on 4.1.

I chrooted and ran apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. It upgraded to 4.2 kernel. I'm not sure if that's ok or not. And I'm not sure if swapping each mount (i.e. /dev, /sys, /proc, /run, /bin, etc.) would work going from kernel 4.1 to 4.2. Probably not.

I don't think the system will just update all the things it needs to if it's not booted as the host OS and is just chrooted into.

I'm going to have to ask that on the Debian Forums to see what's up and if I can do that.

I do know there are people who basically roll with multiple different Linux systems on the same base OS (i.e. they swap out one /bin with the other /bin and bam: different version of Linux) but I imagine that's high maintenance if something breaks.

I don't care to do that. I just want to take my old and put it in my new. Which, again, I just imagine is "rm -rf /bin/* && mount /mnt/bin /bin" or something like that.

I have a feeling it won't work. But I hope it will.

You might go "why do you want to do that...?". Simple. I customized my system a bit before I backed it up. I want those customizations back. It's that simple. I imagine some of them are based solely on having /home, but I know some are based on the system itself.

i.e. AMD Proprietary driver working; KDE customized to my preference and looking boss; ZFS on Linux rolling with the PCI-E SSD; etc.

Basically everything I've complained about here before when first getting into Debian 8.2. I'd rather not re-learn it all.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Anyone else watch Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wi Shitai ga Umatteiru? Nothing amazing imo but a pretty good anime(it's a detective anime btw)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

>cousin is having iPhone 6 charging troubles.

>google issue

>Former Apple Technician wrote an article about it

>the logic board decides when the battery should charge
>the Apple software can crash while the battery is charging, so you can't see the charging screen

wtf apple.

http://www.payetteforward.com/my-iphone-wont-charge-heres-the-real-reason-why/

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

How isn't TressFX open ? the source is included with the samples as far as I know, but I will make sure once I get my PC back.And scum baggy tactics ? what do you mean ?Even with the proprietary the performance on Linux still isn't as good as windows it may change with Vulcan and this may help it even more but we have to wait.I do use Linux sometimes but I don't see any advantages that it has over for windows for my use that's why I use windows.And "windoze" this made my day.

AFAIK tressFX is still closed source. Anyone can use it like gameworks but also like gameworks you can't see the source.

They purposefully cripple there older generation cards with newer drives, cause there cards to shutdown if they are detected as running in a VM, among other things. Also the performance in Linux is actually better when the game developers actually put effort into making their game run on Linux. Look at the second witcher game for example. This is totally unrelated to the gpu drivers.

I was talking about their proprietary drivers not working with loads of different applications and things in Linux.

I'm a collector, not a reseller/scalper. I didn't buy the physical edition because of the limitation, but because my 2nd favorite developer, Itagaki, made it. If I bought a digital copy too of the game that would help him. I'm not supporting the price jacking either. It just randomly caught my attention that amazon had no more left in stock, so I went on random internet snooping to see why and that's what came up. I'm actually more annoyed that it happened because I want a sequel for the game. I just don't want to hurt the value of a precious Itagaki creation for me to have as a fan.

Ah OK apologies then.

I assumed that you wanted to keep it sealed because now that its selling for more you could keep it sealed until it's more valuable and then sell it.

I like to collect as well but that doesn't stop me from opening my collectors edition stuff. I bought it because I wanted it not to resell it. So it makes absolutely no difference to me if it's dropped in value cause I opened it.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I don`t know if this is posted earlier, but even if it is still deserves one more time. :3

aKBb62g_700b_v1.jpg

:D

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

i'm bored af i need an anime recommendation, dont care if its good or bad just something to get rid of my boredom

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

i'm bored af i need an anime recommendation, dont care if its good or bad just something to get rid of my boredom

Bakaramon

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

idolmaster...

natsuiro no kiseki...

love live...

Inuyasha. 

I am in my original Debian install now. Booting to KDE fine (finally). 

All I had to do to get that to happen was comment out the attempt to mount the RAID 0 of the PCI-E SSD as /home in /etc/fstab. 

I've almost forsaken my old /home folder. I've done enough to the drives that I seriously doubt it will still be usable. 

I realized only a few minutes ago that I never used ZFS on that array. I used mdadm. fml :|

I should document what I've done more. Oh well. Time to see if I can salvage the "array" with mdadm. Now... how do i use this again...?

In other news, One Plus X is now $250 and freely buyable. I think it's been invite only like the One & the Two were/are? Is it the budget version? Haven't kept up with that at all. One Plus One's are out of stock. I wonder if they are done selling those.

† Christian Member †