Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Maybe because some people enjoy building machines way more than

using them, and if you sell one you can use that money for building

the next? Just a thought. ;)

^This.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Ahhhhh, good to be using the desk right now! Updates tomorrow :)

But here is this. Pure and utter R18 Pr0n of a completely nude 3770K. Was considering even censoring on it.

and yes, the chip will be run with no lid, not for the faint hearted and certainly would not recommend to anyone

<image>

Yeah you should put a disclaimer, now I'll have to clean my screen again...

and yes, the chip will be run with no lid, not for the faint hearted and certainly would not recommend to anyone

I can relate to this :P Definitely not going to recommend it to anyone, but still went ahead and did it myself :D

So yeah.. my UP7 died :( Was pretty pissed, this loop isn't the easiest thing to drain

But here is how it works,

With the tap fitting on the right of the res I just put some tube and that goes down the back which goes into a jug.

IMG_7683.jpg

IMG_7682.jpg

Once as much water as possible has drained I then use my other tap here, which is on the side of the radiator to blow the water out. This tap is also used for filling, I open it up when filling as it allows the loop to fill up with as less air as possible, and also lets me continuously fill it without having air bubbles blow up the tube.

IMG_7684.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

about 2 weeks after this had passed I had gotten my UP7 back and was ready to start the loop again.

However I wanted to do something about my 3770K. Mine is a pretty shit one, and can barely get stable at 4.4ghz and pumps out a shit ton of heat.

So, I delidded it, (vice method) and will be running it with no lid. to maximize cooling potential.

IMG_7709.jpg

I set up the tubing again, and set my handy towels up. And yes, that is the old coolant there.

IMG_7710.jpg

Mixing up the coolant, here is a shot comparing the MDPC-X Orange to the Pastel Orange

IMG_7711.jpg

After about 55 drops of yellow dye, we got this colour, though not matching the MDPC-X sleeving, it is a pretty perfect colour to the Gigabyte Orange

IMG_7713.jpg

And a crop photo comparing them (new colour on the right)

IMG_7713a.jpg

I started to fill the loop back up, and instantly saw a clear difference between the old coolant in the left res, and the new in the right. Hope it is clear in the photo's

IMG_7714.jpg

IMG_7715.jpg

The stickers on the side AF120 fans were upside down, though I should make those the right way around

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

Here are is the new loop. Looks great!

IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

With the NZXT Led kit, it will be powered by a Fan header. Did this in an old build and never had any problems.

IMG_7726.jpg

Here is full shot of the desk, the top draw is missing because it no longer fits. Why is that? well, I found that the desk was a bit too tall for my liking, so I took about 8cm off off it

So took 8cm off of the legs, and off of the draw carcass (got my mum to do the carcass for my while I was at uni so no pics off that bit) and will have to cut down the draw size to get it back in there. It'll be my pen draw ;)

2013-08-27%2016.19.23.jpg

IMG_7728.jpg

Checking to make sure that the LED's are working (will get a night photo out tonight probably)

IMG_7729.jpg

IMG_7731.jpg

Thought I would show a size photo just to give some prospective. NOTE: I will not be using the top of the desk for my keyboard/mouse I will be making a keyboard tray this week some time (still have to figure out I will do it too) this photo was just for prospective.

IMG_7734.jpg

Wow man I hope you just finish this, it's been such a hassle for you. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

IMG_7731.jpg

Thought I would show a size photo just to give some prospective. NOTE: I will not be using the top of the desk for my keyboard/mouse I will be making a keyboard tray this week some time (still have to figure out I will do it too) this photo was just for prospective.

holly mother of god balls. That is beautiful. Sell it to me.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

congrats on finishing this. Looks beautiful.

Back from the dead....

AWE SHIIIIIT! Its Really hits ya how big a project it is when you count it up!

My desk was at half that when I stopped doing a running total so it didn't include a water loop, sleeving and peripherals.

& then there's man hours... Un-calculable!

Also, wholey shit did I not expect this!

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

FINALLY ITS FINISHED!!!.

Loooks awesome, you have outrageous skills.

Man, you really do seem to have some bad luck with hardware, and

to think you'd have all that wood to know on (sorry, had to do it). :D

But it does look so beautiful. :wub:

Also, wholey shit did I not expect this!

<expensive>

Hehe, I think our systems might actually be very close in total

cost, though I have not yet dared to do the sum total. *shudder*

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

That thing is amazing

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

what is that monitor oh and the right side if the desk could be a bit lighter :D 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

what is that monitor oh and the right side if the desk could be a bit lighter :D

That monitor is a Korean Crossover MDP3020

No need to light up the left as much as it's only a PSU on that side :)

Holey moley, looking good!

A few months back you took videos of the desk in that same room but it always was a bit too dull, with the pictures it looks amazing though, unbelievable.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

That is german internet in a nutshell.

A friend of mine just moved to a students livingplace with internet provided by the uni, and now he has 400MBps up and down. So he claims at least. I am guessing more like 100mbps, which is the fastest I can get at uni with dualband wifi or a cable. Still I am kind of jealous.

sneaky edit:

2770450230.png

I am faster than 50% woo! I guess i still neede a better ISP because these guys fuck you over with their deals with limited volume they announced. also youtube throttling.

Why did I end up making a lengthyer post about german ISPs in a thread about a epic build?

Let's not do that again, shall we...

Anyhow this thread has motivated me to think about making my own case next build. When I have money. And time. But especially money. oh wait, not even that should be too big of an issue, since wood isn't too expensive. Or is it? wood love to know, so I can think about doing a woodcase in summer? when I have lot's of time?

2997675750.png

It's so beautiful

i5-3570k, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 1155 Z77, Patriot 8GB  (2*4GB), ASUS R9 290, Coolermaster HAF, OCZ 120 GB SSD + WD 1 TB HDD, Corsair CX750M, Samsung 22" + HP 23", CM Hyper 212 EVO, Ducky Shine 3 (Cherry MX Blue), Razer Naga 2014

Glad that you've finally finished it! If this is not going to be Buildlog of the Week then I don't want to live on this planet anymore!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I personally think you overcorrected the coolant color, but it looks great either way. I'm not sure I could use that though, there doesn't look like enough space to have your legs under the desk while having the top at a reasonable height...

I personally think you overcorrected the coolant color, but it looks great either way. I'm not sure I could use that though, there doesn't look like enough space to have your legs under the desk while having the top at a reasonable height...

The original intention of the change of coolant colour was to match it to "Gigabyte Orange". That I have done 100%. It's just the MDPC-X Sleeve that doesn't match so perfectly but still, to me personally I love it way more :)

ps- This is not a speedtest thread, please post no more.

*Elite Modder and Sleever*

so true, and yay its finally finished and looking amazeballs