Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

Basically, the lip or the 2 X 4's that you biscuited together that runs the whole edge of the table top; how did you secure those to the table? Did you use dowels or something?

Okay, here is a picture. 

boxdesk.png

imagine the outer box is one big piece of paper.

The inner box is a smaller piece of paper.

Once you put the smaller piece of paper on the top, there will be the outer box hanging out the bottom. 

also;

The left draws were screwed to the underside of the top, aswell as the railings, and the legs too

Hope that answers your question :)

Okay, here is a picture. 

boxdesk.png

imagine the outer box is one big piece of paper.

The inner box is a smaller piece of paper.

Once you put the smaller piece of paper on the top, there will be the outer box hanging out the bottom. 

also;

The left draws were screwed to the underside of the top, aswell as the railings, and the legs too

Hope that answers your question :)

So if I'm understanding this correctly, there's nothing actually holding that top piece of 'paper' as you call it to the bottom piece? I understand that the table top itself is secured. Thanks in advance!

It makes my baby feel inadequate. What have you done?

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

• 4 weeks later...

Hey so I would like to ask you a few things first what do you use a water cooled desk for second is this a tutorial third how much did it cost to make and what tools you used thank you please tell me  :)

• 3 weeks later...

this is just such a ridiculous sweet setup you got going man and the fact is build from scratch just puts it over the top of any set up ive seen so far

your desk is b.e.a.utiful really hope it ends up build of the week :D

It was actually on the WAN show for two weeks :P

It was actually on the WAN show for two weeks :P

Can i have the links please ? thanks  ;)

Been following this this build for quit some time now - Pitty you sold it.

If you don't mind how much did it go for ? you don't

have to tell if you want to.

Also when is the 2nd build starting ?

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Been following this this build for quit some time now - Pitty you sold it.

If you don't mind how much did it go for ? you don't

have to tell if you want to.

Also when is the 2nd build starting ?

It didn't end up selling, which isn't all bad I guess!

I might strip it down and use it as a normal desktop (so take the glass top off, and the frame on top and just use the bottom)

Then will sell the table once the second one has been completed.

It was there at $6000 nzd 

Ahhhh, I would say the new build log will start in about 2-3 months. Need work to slow down a bit before I can start any new project!

• 1 month later...

I really like what you did with your original build here. I also did a build a few months back, but the PC itself wasn't build into the desk. Should of maybe thought of doing that with mine. If you like, perhaps I could create a bit of a build log to show you what I did and maybe even give you some ideas for your next build.

Ive watched your videos and looked through the forum and i solute you man very nice table and i love the orange always what i wanted to do but orange is a hard colour to find, its rather to expansive or to crappy of a product!

Anyways i plan on making a table of my own and would love to know were you got your water cooling from parts from?

Wow. With many other desk builds, the desk isn't really filled up. You've managed to fill it up but without making it look cluttered. Beautiful work!

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

I currently get 0.6 down and 0.3 up

i get 0.2 up on a good day

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Good to see that people are still looking at this thread log :)

A small update actually; the desk is undergoing some serious surgery in the next couple of months. Have got the sketchup model done but not sure if I should post it yet, seems a bit premature! 

But the desk will look completely so keep an eye out

Ive watched your videos and looked through the forum and i solute you man very nice table and i love the orange always what i wanted to do but orange is a hard colour to find, its rather to expansive or to crappy of a product!

Anyways i plan on making a table of my own and would love to know were you got your water cooling from parts from?

ALL of my WC parts came from http://www.performance-pcs.com/  

I agree that Orange is an expensive colour, I spent $550 nzd on the UP7 just because it was black/orange. I would much rather have spent $300 on a good board that was orange/black but it's a much rarer colour

Just found this thread. Looking from the first picture to what it is now is absolutely nuts. Great build! 

So here is what the new desk will look like. I am just chopping and changing my original desk, however still using the draws and probably the legs. Am only be going to change the top bit around.

desk1%20(Custom).png

desk2%20%28Custom%29.png

desk3%20%28Custom%29.png

desk4%20%28Custom%29.png

desk5%20%28Custom%29.png