Custom Water Cooled Desk - 56k warning. Lotsa Pictures! *Now with Table of Contents*

PBaines

It's getting better by the day, personally I liked the part where you were building on the desk itself more, working with the wood and such - even though I like technology ;)

Great job so far, looking forward to seeing this on the Build of the Week.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Isn't that tentamount to "cheating" :D

The Wind probably saw his desk and thought it would be perfect for builds of the week but seeing as it isnt completed yet, they cant put it in as it is only for completed builds

It's getting better by the day, personally I liked the part where you were building on the desk itself more, working with the wood and such - even though I like technology ;)

Great job so far, looking forward to seeing this on the Build of the Week.

Yeah me too :) Ah well! There was always going to be a point where I had to start dropping the technology into it ;)

Hopefully that will be within the next 2 weeks!

I'm super exited to see the next update. Keep up the good work!

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

Such a good build! Looking forwards to the next update!

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

This is an amazing project and I hope we get to see the finished product real soon. It's amazing the amount of effect people can put into.

Main RigCPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x @ 4.7 Ghz w/ Corsair H115i Elite Capellix | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 Ti XC3 | MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600 mhz | Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W | Mouse: Glorious Model O (Matte Black) | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance RGB K95 | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 + Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB + Toshiba X300 4 TB

LAN Rig: CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz w/ Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | GPU: EVGA GTX 760 | MOBO: MSI Z87I Mini-ITX | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133mhz | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Mini-ITX | PSU: Corsair CX550 550W | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Since my SSD's are in an awkward place, this is how I routed my Sata Data cables. Had to tape them on to make things super easy as it's near impossible to try wiggle them into the right place when the board is sitting on the standoffs.
IMG_7636.jpg

Is there no other way to route those cables or maybe buy round SATA cables? You might have data problems at that cable bend or even end up damaging the cables.

PC - Ryzen 7 2700X, ASUS B450-PLUS, 16GB ADATA XPG DDR4, Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER, 500GB PNY XLR8, 1TB WD Green, Corsair HX750, AMD Wraith Prism, Phanteks Enthoo Pro, 2x Acer Nitro 27" 1440P IPS, Corsair K65, RGB mouse, Razer mousepad!

Mac - 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13" (2.7 i5, 8GB, 256GB)

Is there no other way to route those cables or maybe buy round SATA cables? You might have data problems at that cable bend or even end up damaging the cables.

I know where you are coming from and will test to see if everything is okay before I fill the loop up because I realise that the cable may have been damaged by doing that. I don't think it will be though because as long as the internal A and B wire are safe then everything will be okay!

Not anything like mine :) A custom made desk is not "just" another custom made desk. They are all very different!

Besides, "everyone" will not have them because of how much those ones cost... sheeeeesh!

Not anything like mine :) A custom made desk is not "just" another custom made desk. They are all very different!

Besides, "everyone" will not have them because of how much those ones cost... sheeeeesh!

how much did it cost you? 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

how much did it cost you? 

Well, the desk itself cost me nothing as it was all recycled timber ;)

As for the components itself. I will do a running tally at the end of the build and post it

@PBaines

First off, I have just read through the 26 pages of this thread, and I applaud you  for your incredible work on this build.

Second, as a fellow New Zealander (Wellington), it's good to see a few of us on here,

I hope that when your build is featured on the WAN Show, that it is the only one shown, not to discount other people's builds , but because its been such a journey for you, and for those following this thread

Awesome stuff

Looking for a job

@PBaines

First off, I have just read through the 26 pages of this thread, and I applaud you  for your incredible work on this build.

Second, as a fellow New Zealander (Wellington), it's good to see a few of us on here,

I hope that when your build is featured on the WAN Show, that it is the only one shown, not to discount other people's builds , but because its been such a journey for you, and for those following this thread

Awesome stuff

Thanks man! At the end of the build will put a table of contents in so people won't have to scrounge through heaps of pages looking for photos :)

That's great of you to say! We shall see what happens, have to be on the show first ;)

Thanks man! At the end of the build will put a table of contents in so people won't have to scrounge through heaps of pages looking for photos :)

That's great of you to say! We shall see what happens, have to be on the show first ;)

Hey I was wondering, you talked to Slick about having this in the Build of the Week - does your build also get only 2 photos shown in the show or do they finally show some proper pictures?

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Hey I was wondering, you talked to Slick about having this in the Build of the Week - does your build also get only 2 photos shown in the show or do they finally show some proper pictures?

I talked to Wind a while back, I am not sure what will get shown in the BOTW on the WAN show, guess we will just have to wait and see :)

I talked to Wind a while back, I am not sure what will get shown in the BOTW on the WAN show, guess we will just have to wait and see :)

I'd be willing to suspect they're just waiting for you to finish. ;)

Oh man, I can't wait to see this finished, I would definitely love to have a computer setup like this for myself!

Well I'm back reading from where I left off last time on page 18, took me a while to read 8 pages (pg. 27 having one post, does not count :D). I must say again: amazing build, and can't wait to see how you will do the keyboard tray.

I actually hate keyboard trays, I love my keyboard as close to the screen as possible so I really want to see how you will do it.

And me too thinks that you should do some custom cable clips, looks good with that, just don't put too many.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Well I'm back reading from where I left off last time on page 18, took me a while to read 8 pages (pg. 27 having one post, does not count :D). I must say again: amazing build, and can't wait to see how you will do the keyboard tray.

I actually hate keyboard trays, I love my keyboard as close to the screen as possible so I really want to see how you will do it.

And me too thinks that you should do some custom cable clips, looks good with that, just don't put too many.

Yeah, there are so many pages, I need to get up to putting a table of contents at the start!

I hope that I can make the keyboard tray work, like you I like them as close to the screen as possible too. It'll be something new to me, though when I do my next desk I probably will not have a keyboard tray. will make the top base slimmer so can have the keyboard/mouse on top. Though one think I like about having the keyboard tray with this desk is that there will never be anything on top of it meaning you will always be able to see through the glass and always have everything in view.

I could make more clips, but at the end of the day, with such a messy bunch of cables at the PSU end all it would do is make things messier as all the cables will be all turned up and over each other more than they all ready here.

Hopefully I can remove the black clip in a few months and the cables will stay how they were!

Yeah, there are so many pages, I need to get up to putting a table of contents at the start!

I hope that I can make the keyboard tray work, like you I like them as close to the screen as possible too. It'll be something new to me, though when I do my next desk I probably will not have a keyboard tray. will make the top base slimmer so can have the keyboard/mouse on top. Though one think I like about having the keyboard tray with this desk is that there will never be anything on top of it meaning you will always be able to see through the glass and always have everything in view.

I could make more clips, but at the end of the day, with such a messy bunch of cables at the PSU end all it would do is make things messier as all the cables will be all turned up and over each other more than they all ready here.

Hopefully I can remove the black clip in a few months and the cables will stay how they were!

Yeah that's the reason I want to see it how the result will be, because the desk will be clean at all time. Considering you said you will attach the screen to the wall.

How long do you think this project will take from this point to completion? An estimate :).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Yeah that's the reason I want to see it how the result will be, because the desk will be clean at all time. Considering you said you will attach the screen to the wall.

How long do you think this project will take from this point to completion? An estimate :).

Hoping to get it done tonight ;)

Then I have to get my keyboard tray made, which I am getting a place in town to do it for me so that could take a few weeks.

But you should get a lot of pictures tomorrow or the day after!

Hoping to get it done tonight ;)

Then I have to get my keyboard tray made, which I am getting a place in town to do it for me so that could take a few weeks.

But you should get a lot of pictures tomorrow or the day after!

Awesome, good to hear :). Hoping to see some night shots with those LED's :P.