ok hear me out

jhogan93

okay just had a bottle of vape juice explode on my keyboard. its a mess and i was thinking of throwing it my dish washer. how bad of an idea is this?

probably not as bad an idea as leaving the vape juice in there...

that said, i'd rather suggest you disassemble the keyboard and rinse it out under a tap (or if you dont dare disassemble, just rinse it under a tap)

water isnt necessarily "bad" for your keyboard, just make sure it's unplugged (duh...) and leave it to dry for a while (if you rinse without disassembling, i'd say at least a week to make sure)

2 minutes ago, jhogan93 said:

okay just had a bottle of vape juice explode on my keyboard. its a mess and i was thinking of throwing it my dish washer. how bad of an idea is this?

Not that bad apparently, according to Linus and Colin:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Don't use soap and let it dry completely, should still work.

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

my high school computer/electronics teacher swore by cleaning keyboards in the dishwasher (I graduated in 02 and this was also the year I had that class just for context as to how long this has been a thing) . just don't use soap and let them air dry for a few couple days. I've done it, but I try to use distilled water because the water in my city has a high calcium level (I'm assuming calcium it leaves a lot of hard white spots and residue over time on the faucets)

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv