what tech products have you stopped using during quarantine?

Ashley MLP Fangirl

for me it's my laptops for sure. both my windows laptop and macbook have been basically unused. i boot them up to run updates and that's pretty much it. i used my macbook a little bit since i use iMovie to edit but like, that was once or twice. i use my desktop for everything now, and my laptops are just collecting dust since i never go out anymore. 

She/Her

My Alexa and my vita. 

I don't know why but I did during quarantine. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

my vita. 

that makes sense, if you only use it on the road. i use my handheld consoles (PSP, 2DS XL) at home usually too so i haven't stopped using those. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

that makes sense, if you only use it on the road. i use my handheld consoles (PSP, 2DS XL)

Yea I used to use my vita. Sadly its showing its age. Just doesn't really feel like a capable machine and obviously not on the road because of quarantine. I would love to use it again one day though. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Yea I used to use my vita. Sadly its showing its age. Just doesn't really feel like a capable machine and obviously not on the road because of quarantine. I would love to use it again one day though. 

my PSP is even older lol. games aren't about graphics to me, it's about gameplay and the PSP has loads of amazing games available for it so i haven't stopped playing on it. 

She/Her

Just now, Ashley xD said:

games aren't about graphics to me, it's about gameplay and the PSP has loads of amazing games available for it so i haven't stopped playing on it. 

Library on the vita is surprisingly lackluster.

If your not into anime or anything Japanese sadly the vita will simply disappoint. 

I noticed that the psp aged way better :P.

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Library on the vita is surprisingly lackluster.

If your not into anime or anything Japanese sadly the vita will simply disappoint. 

I noticed that the psp aged way better :P.

the vita was a total flop in western markets, so i assume it did better in japan which makes sense... so that would explain the lack of titles here. the PSP by contrast was super popular, but i guess because it comes from a time before smartphones really took off and certainly weren't great for gaming. 

She/Her

the PSP by contrast was super popular, but i guess because it comes from a time before smartphones really took off and certainly weren't great for gaming. 

If Sony legitimately took care of the vita it would've been amazing. 

Hardware wise it's decent. But the software so abysmal. 

Build Log: 

Laptop, that's about it. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

well again it was a flop in western markets. afaik in japan it did much better and has more titles. 

She/Her

Just now, Ashley xD said:

afaik in japan it did much better and has more titles. 

Yea sadly. Wish it's still a thing. 

It was my first console so it kind of holds a special place in my heart lol.

Build Log: 

Yea sadly. Wish it's still a thing. 

It was my first console so it kind of holds a special place in my heart lol.

you're younger than me then. my first console was a gameboy color, then a DS, then a PSP. 

She/Her

my first console was a gameboy color, then a DS, then a PSP. 

Honestly even the gb color ages better surprisingly. 

Build Log: 

Honestly even the gb color ages better surprisingly. 

true. but the hardware limits make it just irritating to use these days, most notably the lack of a display backlight. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, comander said:

You can hack the backlight. Similar story with the batteries. 

the batteries are fine. i might look at a backlight mod since it makes my eyes hurt to play on it after a while as it is. 

She/Her

1 hour ago, Ashley xD said:

for me it's my laptops for sure. both my windows laptop and macbook have been basically unused. i boot them up to run updates and that's pretty much it. i used my macbook a little bit since i use iMovie to edit but like, that was once or twice. i use my desktop for everything now, and my laptops are just collecting dust since i never go out anymore. 

Nothing has changed for me. Maybe getting less use out of the smartphone, but overall I just haven't used cash in years and used ApplePay/Tap-to-Pay everywhere and haven't had any issues except with the local KFC which the POS stubbornly refuses to tap-to-pay when AMEX is selected, but will accept it if I insert the card.

23 minutes ago, comander said:

From a purely practical perspective, you might end up better off buying a gameboy clone. Better hardware and whatnot. 

Assuming you want everything to be 100% legal, you can even dump your Roms and play the games on a phone, laptop or pretty much any other device. 

i want to use legit hardware, i'm not interested in clones. i have a spare gameboy color i believe that's in pretty bad shape, scratches and stuff, so i might experiment with mods on that, i'm not gonna touch my good gameboy lol, i've had that since i was a kid and it's in brand new condition. 

She/Her

I've stopped using the ANC on my headphones because there is hardly anyone at the office anymore. That's about it.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Haven’t been using my garmin forerunner 225

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

7 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

It was basically pushed out and ignored. Most of the updates were targeted towards trying to stop the modding community and not really much else.

Always disliked its odd interface. The Game Library wasn't that great. Alot of apps were poorly built and disconintued before its EOL. The only nice feature was being able to stream from the PS3 and PS4.

8 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

The most use I got out of mine though was from putting retroarch on it. Depending on your stance on emulators and obtaining root on a device, it may or may not be an option to get more use out of it. If your on the latest update however, it could be a pain to get going. Of course then you would be in that grey area.

8 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

ibrary on the vita is surprisingly lackluster.

Jailbreak it and you literally have access to any game from the PS2 era and before!

I wouldn't know. I haven't been quarantined at all. Been out delivering medical supplies in two countries this entire time. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

5 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Well since school was shut down, my laptop was collecting dust for a while, but now that I'm back at school, I have to use that piece of crap again

what laptop do you have?

She/Her