Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IStealYourDuck

How my day went from "hell yeah" to "oh my gosh" within a few hours

Posted · Original PosterOP

So after studying for my tests in University for about 6 hours I jacked up my PC and did some fine tuning on my GTX 1080Ti with MSI afterburner, I finally managed to get exactly 10k points on Furmark3D with the 1080p preset. I tried that for 2 days now, just finally made it happen, I am an absolute amateur in that matter. None the less I felt pretty good. 

I got onto Reddit and saw someone battle station glowing in a nice color scheme. It said to myself:  "why don't you give RGB fusion a chance".

Little did I know, that RGB Fusion would take my Win10, break it's neck, throw it to the ground and spit on it. If that wasn't enough, the crash that followed up even eradicated any data on both my SSDs.

Now I am sitting here for about an hour, getting Win10 and all the stuff I had up again.

The safest of all things is: I don't have the screenshot of my 10k score on Furmark3d anymore.

I don't know if that belongs here, but I needed to share my day.

Am I the only person that has never had a single problem with any RGB program?

5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

1 minute ago, IStealYourDuck said:

The safest saddest of all things is: I don't have the screenshot of my 10k score on Furmark3d anymore.

F

May your temps be low and your scores be high, so you can get that score again in the future.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Just now, gloop said:

If you never had issues with any RGB program, you don't have enough RGB products, duh!

/s

Personally I have had some issues with RGB Fusion 2.0 in the past (not to this degree though) and the G.Skill TridentZ RGB program hasn't been the most stable either.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

1 minute ago, gloop said:

You got to be some kind of cleric

Just now, minibois said:

If you never had issues with any RGB program, you don't have enough RGB products, duh!

Yeah, suppose I just have Mystic Light and RGB Fusion, booth have all the RGB effects disabled tho.

5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

F

May your temps be low and your scores be high, so you can get that score again in the future.

Thanks, I really wanna get there again. I even swapped out the thermal paste on my gpu.

I dont even think twice about stuff like that. I wish all my worries were about not taking a screenshot and having to reinstall windows.

y'all need to poop more often.

I dont have issues with RGB software.

I dont RGB, simply

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MS30 M.2 SATA III, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out (getting its facelift as of June 2020 have new air cooler, drives etc.  About 60% finished.  Will no longer be a closed loop system.

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm AIO w/ 12mm thick fans to fit in top exhaust, 256gb TIMETEC SSD, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Generic mouse, 37" 1080p TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV for form factor in the kitchen

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

-Thread Locked-

Material is better suited as a status update.